"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

The concept of 'Time' from the Biblical perspective

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

YHWHsavesdotcom
Posts: 26
Joined: 24 Jan 2008, 00:41

The concept of 'Time' from the Biblical perspective

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 24 Jan 2008, 00:48

I am finishing up my Doctoral Thesis in Theology which delves deeply into the concept of 'time' from the Biblical perspective. I would love to get some feedback. You can find it here www.YHWHsaves.com -- Thanks :P

eriqbenel
Posts: 269
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 20:28
Location: Jonesboro, GA
Contact:

Postby eriqbenel » 24 Jan 2008, 03:41

Shalom!

I think it was excellent for the most part. How long will the site be up. I need to refer some people to it.

I will say I disagree "somewhat" regarding "God" vs. "Elohim". I don't quite see this is as much of a problem as some make it out to be between the Hebrew and English. I have sent you a copy of a treatise on the subject you might want to review.

Nevertheless, it was an extremely astute and insightful study. Thank you...
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

chuckbaldwin
Posts: 334
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 13:44
Location: East Ridge, TN

Re: The concept of 'Time' from the Biblical perspective

Postby chuckbaldwin » 24 Jan 2008, 04:00

YHWHsavesdotcom wrote:I am finishing up my Doctoral Thesis in Theology which delves deeply into the concept of 'time' from the Biblical perspective. I would love to get some feedback. You can find it here www.YHWHsaves.com -- Thanks :P
Greetings,

Were you wanting us to read the whole website, or a specific article? If so, which one?

Chuck

BrotherArnold
Posts: 327
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 23:22
Location: Conyers, GA
Contact:

Postby BrotherArnold » 24 Jan 2008, 20:10

havent read it all but I read this and it was very good

http://www.yhwhsaves.com/chapter13

Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

YHWHsavesdotcom
Posts: 26
Joined: 24 Jan 2008, 00:41

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 28 Jan 2008, 18:59

YHWH be praised eriqbenel. The site has been up for 5 years now. I will keep it up as long as YHWH enables me.
chuckbaldwin, any amount of time you wanted to invest is strictly up to you...any feedback on any or all will be greatly appreciated.
BrotherArnold, YHWH blesses those who diligently seek his face.
Shalom Aleichem Achim
:D

JMSchattke
Posts: 89
Joined: 17 Nov 2007, 16:55
Location: Wandering
Contact:

Postby JMSchattke » 29 Jan 2008, 15:06

First: having a line like:
"Sabbath Day (8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of every lunar cycle)" in chapter 11 - before proving what a sabbath is - is bad form.
If you really are going for a doctorate, you ought to know the principles of logic and debate, and use them.

Second: "Passover (15th-22nd)" Passover is clearly ended on the 21st. The 21st is mentioned specifically as the end of passover.

Third: "Shavuot (Feast of Weeks--15th-22nd)" s a real stretch - since it only says to keep this feast on the "day after the sabbath"

Fourth: "Succot (Feast of Tabernacles--15th-22nd)" technically, the 22nd is another feast entirely.

Fifth: "Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and that which has been written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished. Luke 18:31

Yahwshua is making it clear that he sees his own future written in the instruction book for creation, the scriptures."
Here, again, you are stretching, putting more into the words than is there.

I think I shan't waste my time with the rest, thanks. I've had more than enough of people stretching to fit Lunation and the sabbath together.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

kathybyers2000
Posts: 103
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 13:32
Location: Indiana
Contact:

JMSchattke

Postby kathybyers2000 » 29 Jan 2008, 16:26

I have to ask, sir - why do you trouble your soul with us, whom you believe to be false teachers and liars? Perhaps your closing remark to this gentleman states that you are done degrading those whom you clearly do not understand?

I truly would like to see you freed from this bondage. It appears to me that your level of frustration with all of us is well beyond your ability to acquire the fruits of the spirit of YHWH. I would encourage you to walk away and perhaps you will be blessed with the fruits of the spirit.

But to constantly degrade people who are followers of the Most High and to treat them as if they are nothing more than idiots is not a pure demonstration of the spirit of YHWH. There is never a lightening up in your responses to those of us who watch the light in the moon. There is never a statement that shows that you have any respect for your fellow brethren whom understand what you have never understood. And your manner definitely does not demonstrate that you are even the slightest bit happy - indeed, your words reveal you as one who is in misery and working to bring others down with you.

I pray these words reach your soul and you are released from this bondage. I, too, know what it is like to be enslaved by that spirit and I also now know the peace and happiness that one can experience when they are willing to walk away from this fleshy nature.

Much shalom to you brother,

Kathy

BrotherArnold
Posts: 327
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 23:22
Location: Conyers, GA
Contact:

Postby BrotherArnold » 31 Jan 2008, 01:22

The apostle Paul said that there must also be herices among you that the truth may be manifest. Like the one about the Messiah being in the grave instead of the heart of the earth, which would cause him to see corruption if in the grave for three days and three nights.

Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...



Brother Arnold

See www.lunarsabbath.info

chuckbaldwin
Posts: 334
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 13:44
Location: East Ridge, TN

Postby chuckbaldwin » 31 Jan 2008, 03:46

The phrase "grave instead of the heart of the earth" is an oxymoron, because the grave IS the heart of the earth. Jon.2:2
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

BrotherArnold
Posts: 327
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 23:22
Location: Conyers, GA
Contact:

Postby BrotherArnold » 31 Jan 2008, 04:00

chuckbaldwin wrote:The phrase "grave instead of the heart of the earth" is an oxymoron, because the grave IS the heart of the earth. Jon.2:2


RESPONSE; I knew that would get your attention. Don't you ever sleep? The Greek word for grave was not used in that verse, but it was used when he said, He will not leave his sole in hell (grave), neither will He suffer his Holy one to see corruption/decay, which would have happened if he had been in the grave for 72 hours. They could have considered Jerusalem as being the heart of the earth, where he was preaching. Tov (god) night.



Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...



Brother Arnold

See www.lunarsabbath.info

chuckbaldwin
Posts: 334
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 13:44
Location: East Ridge, TN

Postby chuckbaldwin » 31 Jan 2008, 06:14

BrotherArnold wrote:
chuckbaldwin wrote:The phrase "grave instead of the heart of the earth" is an oxymoron, because the grave IS the heart of the earth. Jon.2:2
I knew that would get your attention. Don't you ever sleep? The Greek word for grave was not used in that verse, but it was used when he said, He will not leave his sole in hell (grave), neither will He suffer his Holy one to see corruption/decay, which would have happened if he had been in the grave for 72 hours. They could have considered Jerusalem as being the heart of the earth, where he was preaching.
The book of Jonah is Hebrew, not Greek. I think you know that Arnold, so you're being silly. The verse i referenced uses the HEBREW word for Grave - "Sheol". I think you know that as well.

As for corruption (another repeat), it took 4 days for Lazarus to corrupt, why would Yahshua only take 3? Good-night to you too.
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

BrotherArnold
Posts: 327
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 23:22
Location: Conyers, GA
Contact:

Postby BrotherArnold » 31 Jan 2008, 11:31

chuckbaldwin wrote:
BrotherArnold wrote:
chuckbaldwin wrote:The phrase "grave instead of the heart of the earth" is an oxymoron, because the grave IS the heart of the earth. Jon.2:2
I knew that would get your attention. Don't you ever sleep? The Greek word for grave was not used in that verse, but it was used when he said, He will not leave his sole in hell (grave), neither will He suffer his Holy one to see corruption/decay, which would have happened if he had been in the grave for 72 hours. They could have considered Jerusalem as being the heart of the earth, where he was preaching.
The book of Jonah is Hebrew, not Greek. I think you know that Arnold, so you're being silly. The verse i referenced uses the HEBREW word for Grave - "Sheol". I think you know that as well.

As for corruption (another repeat), it took 4 days for Lazarus to corrupt, why would Yahshua only take 3? Good-night to you too.



RESPONSE; Lazarus was "PAST" seeing corruption, he was already stinking on day 4, I think it would be silly to believe otherwise. And you do try to make the Greek heart of the earth mean grave.
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...



Brother Arnold

See www.lunarsabbath.info

YHWHsavesdotcom
Posts: 26
Joined: 24 Jan 2008, 00:41

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 31 Jan 2008, 21:33

JMSchattke wrote:First: having a line like:
"Sabbath Day (8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of every lunar cycle)" in chapter 11 - before proving what a sabbath is - is bad form.
If you really are going for a doctorate, you ought to know the principles of logic and debate, and use them.

Second: "Passover (15th-22nd)" Passover is clearly ended on the 21st. The 21st is mentioned specifically as the end of passover.

Third: "Shavuot (Feast of Weeks--15th-22nd)" s a real stretch - since it only says to keep this feast on the "day after the sabbath"

Fourth: "Succot (Feast of Tabernacles--15th-22nd)" technically, the 22nd is another feast entirely.

Fifth: "Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and that which has been written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished. Luke 18:31

Yahwshua is making it clear that he sees his own future written in the instruction book for creation, the scriptures."
Here, again, you are stretching, putting more into the words than is there.

I think I shan't waste my time with the rest, thanks. I've had more than enough of people stretching to fit Lunation and the sabbath together.


I believe a 'brother is made for adversity'...and when 'iron sharpens iron', sparks tend to fly. That being said, we are also to do our best to be at peace with everyone, as far as it depends upon us. I do not know at this point where to place you friend, since we have just 'met.' I must say that the tone of your post seems quite hostile or at the very least, critical...but YHWH's people are 'not easily offended' because we should not walk in darkness but rather we are to attempt to assist those who are stumbling.

I no longer have my own computer but rather must use a library computer; and to get here i must often walk several miles through blizzard conditions in Michigans' UP. That being the case, I do not have much time on the computer, and what time I do have is used (one hopes) as constructively as possible. The most valuable asset anyone has is the time YHWH gives them for service dedicated to him. That being the case I will respond to your post in an attempt to 'cast bread upon the water' if you will.

I have posted my working doctoral thesis, which I expect will never be accepted by any accredited, world system university as it really exposes the deception the world and its' related religious system is under (pictured in the whore riding the beast of revelation 17). I was disfellowshiped from the seminary where I earned my Masters in Religious Education (MRE) as a heretic when I announced the nature of my Doctoral Thesis in 2002.

The 'defense' of one's thesis is by it's nature, not the same as the thesis itself. Your post is more along the lines of the questioning one may undergo in the event that a university were to consider accepting my thesis. That being the case, as a goodwill effort to expand our knowlege of TRUTH (the expressed goal of 'higher education), I will respond to each of your points on their face value toward that goal.

I. I must admit that beyond chapter 10, I still have much work to do. It is in very rough form and very difficult to follow (as the concepts themselves are difficult, the poor writing and expression on my part do not assist much...but I strive toward the seemingly unacheivable goal of perfection. Please bear with my shortcomings. I have posted it merely as an assist to those who are already embracing the basic, historical concepts YHWH has revealed to us in an attempt to perhaps achieve greater insight; to stimulate the cogitative juices of YHWH's people, if you will. Also, feedback such as yours may help me to decide the exact approach I should take as I attempt to bring my studies to a close.

At this point in my research and my walk, it is much more important to merely express certain views as opposed to attempt to 'prove' them to a world that will be clearly antithetic to such 'unorthodox' teachings. The fact is that I believe the thesis that I have written up to that point demonstrates that the 'orthodoxy' of the world is really the heresy. That being the case I think my objective will be to stimulate critical thinking on an 'alternative' faith. This faith is the one the Bible and History themselves proclaim and merely by the proclamation of it, the unorthodox heresy of the world is exposed.

Yahwshua's example was not to 'prove' that he was right, but merely to proclaim the truth that sets one free from the ignorance the world is enslaved under. When confronting the errors of the world, one makes powerful enemies who will attempt to destroy them in various ways. I have experienced this many times myself. I pray YHWH give me the ability to endure. It is in this way that I glorify him; when in the midst of storms, adversity and mortal peril, I am able to proclaim the truths so contrary to this world and its 'understanding' yet which cannot be proven false because the TRUTH WILL STAND of its own accord.

So my job, more than to prove anything is to proclaim what I believe to be truth from Scripture and His Story and to make corrections to those beliefs when I find error in my understanding. And certainly there must be some eh? I do not hold myself out to be without error. Rather, I embarked on a mission to become perfect when I entered into relationship with YHWH through my Master Yahwshua, and by so doing, have found much error in my understanding of him, his nature, and his plan for man. My thesis is merely my attempt to share that journey with others.

II. You are correct about Passover ending on the 21st. Also, chag Succot is only a seven day feast. However, in both instances there is another day that is the practical end to the festivals...the 8th day. It stands outside the period of time described as the 7 day festival proper, but at the same time it is the 7th day of the week (according to the ancient calendar in the sky) and is therefore a sabbath which, for all practical purposes, ends both feasts. If your perspective is any other than the paradigm of the ancient lunar calendar, the ability to see deeper spiritual, even eternal truths, is at best, greatly impaired. I believe that may be true with you based on your previous points, but again, perhaps someone else will be blessed through this dialogue.

If YHWH commands the beginning of a seven day feast at the end of a given week (which is necessarily the case for a 15th day sabbath according to lunar reckoning), then the six working days of the following week, which are now hollowed through this festal institution, are then ended with the following regular, lunar sabbath which is the seventh day of the week. Therefore, the seventh day sabbath ending this week in which the six working days are hollowed is, practically speaking, an 8th day which is THE GOAL of the feast, if you will. You see, that sabbath may in fact lie outside the specific 'dates' of this festival that begins at the end of one week and ends with the last normal working day of the next, but for all PRACTICAL intents and purposes, the Sabbath which ends that week (which would normally be 6 work days) is now the 'practical' end of the festival since it IS the end of the week in which the bulk of the festival was celebrated. Therefore when we understand that the 7 days of the feast picture one thing (like created order) than the 8th day can be seen as outside the created order and the CULMINATING GOAL OF THE FESTIVAL.

I believe this key to understanding deep spiritual realities which we cannot otherwise comprehend. As I have pointed out in later chapters (and will continue to work on as time and ability allow), when discussing the overall pictures of 'time' in scripture YHWH gives us 'scrolls of sevens'. This understanding gives us glimpses into the eternal realm. These pictures of the Eternal Realm are given in several ways:

a. The day after the 7 days of creation in Genesis (if we understand that account as a picture of all created history which is still, for us, being played out) is an '8th day' which is a shadow of the Eternal State we were created to enter.

b. the 8th great day of the seven day feast of succot (the seven being another picture of the creation acount and the 8th follows yet is 'different')

c. the Jubilee (which besides having a created order meaning, is more or less an express picture of the eternal state following creation) which comes after seven periods of seven, is also an 8th, if you will.

d. chag Shavuot (feast of WEEKS) also comes after seven periods of sevens...hence another 8th day where the Spiritual implications are expressed to be of higher order than the mere physical, created order realities.

Hence, after all of these scrolls of sevens have been played out, and created order as we know it ceases to exist, we will enter the spiritual, 8th day circumcision where flesh is cut off. These feasts given to us in pictures of sevens are not the realities themselves, but tools YHWH is using to help SHOW US THE ETERNAL REALITY FOR WHICH HE DESIRES US TO ENTER AS HIS BRIDE.

But again these are esoteric pictures. I certainly would never attempt to 'prove' any of them. I merely present my understanding in the hopes of blessing others with, what I have found to be, significant meditational fodder which blesses my socks off :D

III. Most would concede the fact that the 'feast of weeks' is tied in some way to the nation of Israel entering into the covenant of the law on mount sinai (wilderness of sin and the mount called sinai both retain the ancient connotation of the appearance of the moon for those who have looked into the ancient roots...interesting YHWH first gives us the sabbath in the wilderness of the moon and then gives the law on moon mountain...how can the higher spiritual reality be understood apart from this key). Certainly it is the position of the Rabbinics that this festival is a celebration of that event. We also see that the their 'new covenenant' counterparters claim the ruach (spirit) was given at the same time of year (1500 years later of course) on the 'day of pentecost', in Acts.

When we look at Exodus 19 where the nation came to Sinai, it says they arrived on 'b'yom ha zeh' (the very same day) of that third month on which they had left Egypt on the first month. We know that YHWH states that the Passover is the 15th day of the first month (even though the lamb was to be slain...as our messiah died...just prior to the beginning of that 15th day, full moon sabbath). That means they arrived on the expressed day of Passover in the first month, the 15th day full moon sabbath of the third month (this is also why sabbath and passover are inextricably linked in the two varying rationals for keeping the fourth commandment in the two respective accounts of ex and deut). We also see in Ex 19 that it was THAT SAME DAY, the 15th day, full moon Sabbath, that the nation entered into verbal covenant to obey YHWH as his called and chosen people (they were promising to enter a future sabbath by so doing); without having recieved any of the specificities of the contract. It mattered not, they saw the might and power of this savior who, by use of agents he refers to as his 'outstretched arm' and 'mighty hand', wanted them as a 'bride' if you will, and they said YES.

However, the people did not recieve the verbal law (the enumeration of specificities) until the 17th day when Moses told them what he heard from YHWH on moon mountain. On this basis alone an argument could be made that the feast of shavuot (which means 'WEEKS' and is tied to shva, sabbath, for a reason), was somehow more than just some mere 'day' (paganly elevated and understood as it is by both christians and jews) as the greek word 'pentecost' would lead one to conclude. Additionally, the Rabbinics celebrate this day on the 6th day of the 3rd month every year. How can that be, how do they justify that...is that when and how YOU observe this 'sign'?! They claim it as a feast of entering into covenant by the giving of the law...therefore it should be observed on the 17th day of the third month since this is where the Law was verbally given to Israel through YHWH's mouthpiece, Moses.

Additionally, when we count the WEEKS leading up to SHAVUOT, using the command to begin the day after the sabbath after the waving of the omer (omer waved on 16th...following sabbath on the 22nd; which would be the PRACTICAL END of passover) our count would therefore begin on the 23rd day of the first month. Counting ONLY WEEKDAYS (not chodeshim since this is the feast of weeks and not of days, and the chodeshim are not part of ANY week but a division of the month), the count for shavuot takes us to the 16th day of the 3rd month EVERY TIME.

That leads us then to question, which is it, the 15th day, full moon sabbath when they entered into verbal contract to be YHWH's people and obey all his commands before they were enumerated (which is the same day that begins the other two great feasts and would therefore be consistent with those other lower order pictures of the same greater, spiritual order reality); the 16th day which, according to the commands regarding its count (from the lunar perspective) brings us to the day after that seventh full moon sabbath; or the 17th when the law was specifically enumerated and the contract ratified again? Certainly it has nothing to do with the 6th day of the 3rd month as the Rabbinics argue or the day of pentecost of their 'new covenant' counterparts. We have then a picture of 3 consecutive days, which if one wished could argue for any of them as the 'day'. But since the feasts are only ante-types foreshadowing a much greater reality, I argue that the entire week (15th through the 22nd lunar day) should be observed.

I do this only upon the prinicipal that YHWH's is consistent. He is trying to show us Eternal realities through our physical created order (and his commands regarding its reckoning) which when understood properly, should be completley consistent and congruent with all the rest of scripture. Scripture cannot be broken nor is it divided against itself ONLY WHEN UNDERSTOOD PROPERLY...AS TOOLS OF COMMUNICATING SPIRITUAL REALITY WHICH FLESH CAN COMPREHEND IN NO OTHER WAY. When we see from this spiritual paradigm, deeper glimpses into spiritual reality can be obtained. In my own observation of this festival, I am ONLY BEGINNING to understand the depth of the unfathomable wisdom that they contain. The consistency I speak of is YHWH's use of many temporal realities to show us ONE GREATER SPIRITUAL REALITIES leads me to conclude that this festival of WEEKS is, PRACTICALLY speaking, ended on the sabbath following these three aforementioned days and would therefore be the 22nd day of the third month; just as the other two great feasts are PRACTICALLY begun and ended. I find no other 'logic' to these questions which most never delve into. If you have a better understanding...I would love to hear it 8) How could any 'teacher of Israel' see these 'physical' teaching tools. Perhaps nicodemus, who pretended to be a teacher, would balk still today.

IV. I believe that I have addressed this issue in the previous points. But to recap...YHWH tells us that he has 'told us the end from the beginning' and I believe that to be in the Genesis account of creation; inside which we are given the other scrolls of seven...all of them to help us think 'outside the box' (our temporal order). YHWH, according to Yahwshua, 'is working till now' meaning the seventh day sabbath of creation is a future event for us. Certainly Hebrews verifies that concept by telling us that Israel did not enter YHWH's rest (of course not, though there will be a physical entering...it all points to a higher spiritual order). We also know that YHWH exists apart from time and he wants us to be with him. Therefore, is it so hard to conclude that all of these regulations regarding 'time' are SYMBOLIC of:

1. The revelation of YHWH's Eternal plan through the only experiential references from which we can draw any sort of conclusion...HIS STORY

2. That he has given us a timeframe for us to understand what season we are in according to that ETERNAL PARADIGM (which for us is a future event).

3. That we are as babes in a womb which are given insight into what we shall be before we are brought to term.

To sum it up short and sweet, we are not yet what we shall be. We are in a womb experience and beside being born of water (flesh) we must shed this flesh through a spiritual circumcision and be born as spiritual, eternal beings with him...that for us is, practically speaking, a FUTURE EVENT. And YHWH, who exists outside the womb of 'time' (which is merely a construct of creation...the box we exist in, if you will) is trying to influence our eternal health and prosperity by using only those things within the the box as tools to explain eternal realities (outside the box) which we can see only dimly through what he creates and what he commands.

I pray this is sufficient defense of my thesis. It has taken more time than I initially wanted to invest...I pray YHWH use it to the utmost.

YHWH blesses those who diligently seek his face!

Obed YHWH

BrotherArnold
Posts: 327
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 23:22
Location: Conyers, GA
Contact:

Postby BrotherArnold » 04 Feb 2008, 10:32

Shalom Obed YHWH,

Enjoyed your post about Moon Mountain. I knew the word SIN meant Moon, but people try to say that Moon is not even mentioned Exodus 16, even though it says that he spoke to them on the 15th day of the Moon, in the willingness of the Moon and gave them the law on Moon Mountain. I like that because it is true but I would like to suggest you examine the Pentecost issue because the law was actually given 50 days AFTER the seventh lunar sabbath complete see Ex- 31:18 and Deut-9:11 then in Exodus 32:5 says it was Chag to YHWH. See my article at http://lunarsabbath.info/_wsn/page4.html

Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...



Brother Arnold

See www.lunarsabbath.info

YHWHsavesdotcom
Posts: 26
Joined: 24 Jan 2008, 00:41

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 04 Feb 2008, 16:27

Brother Arnold, I am familiar with the Disciples recieving the ruach (which is the necessary component enabling the keeping of the higher law through faith) on the 'pentecost'. I argue that the greek interpretation of this may actually lead us astray a bit. We must look at the original Hebrew commands and understanding on this issue. By so doing we are left with many questions which I cannot pretend to answer. But it seems to me that the larger pictures given in ex. 19 should certainly not be overlooked or disregarded by replacement with our 'greek understanding'.

In other words, I'm pointing at the patterns and their consistency in order to determine what YHWH is trying to convey to us; not just in this feast but in all of them. Therefore yes, they came to moon mountain and entered into verbal covenant with YHWH (before the law was enumerated) on the 15th, the actual count for shavuot takes one to the 16th day (which no one seems to know or celebrate), and then the law was enumerated and the covenant ratified on the 17th. And mind you that Moses had not yet recieved the written instructions and then the subsequent worship of the calf below by the whorish nation. It must also be noted that the nation was required to 'consecrate themselves' for ALL THREE of those days, not just one. I believe these are important details often overlooked. For this reason alone I argue that this is (at the very least) a THREE DAY festival. I don't think it should be understated that they were commanded to consecrate themselves for ALL THREE of these days. Certainly each has it's own mini detail associated with it. But to focus on one day over another rather than all of them as a cohesive whole (even as ALL the festivals themselves seem to be pointing to the same, 'bigger picture') is perhaps the reason for the MANY ERRORS surrounding the issue. By focusing on one as to be understood APART from the others, will actually lead one to an ERRONEOUS understanding. So for myself, to keep this festival, with the practical Beginning on the 15th, understanding (and meditating on) what happened on the two subsequent days, from the perspective of the Law AND the Spirit in all accounts, and then ending that fiftieth WEEK (or SEVEN/COMPLETENESS) of the feast of WEEKS (SEVENS/COMPLETENESS) with the 22nd day Sabbath, even as both the other feasts are, I believe YHWH will eventually bring me to an even greater understanding than I have now, in 'TIME.'

It seems to me that this area of study is one of those where only 'kings' will bother to look into, as YHWH seems to have 'covered over the matter' fairly well. In regard to keeping this feast in the fourth month as you suggest. Allow me to point out that I posted somewhere in these forums as regarding when the year begins, the reckoning of the first month. I demonstrated that most begin the year too early and not only is Shavuot celebrated early, but there is an actual command regarding the keeping of Succot AFTER the fall harvest and this is disobeyed by most today as they celebrate it (at least one time out of three) while the harvest is either NOT substantially complete or sometimes before even begun!

Furthermore, it seems clear that the ancients understood (though this simple knowlege is lost to our generation of enlightened fools living under satanic deception) that the first chodesh after the turn of the year, which happens on March 21/22 of the Edomite Calendar (EC), was the beginning of the year. The religion of 'sun worshippers' (sol invicutus), changed the calendar so that it was no longer dependent upon the moon but rather the sun. This is why they originally called this month (in their error and deception) the 'FIRST MONTH' originally. Why? Because it was understood that the 'new year' begins AFTER the 'turn of the year' or as we call it today, the 'equinox'.

How do we know this? because long before the beginning of the year was changed to January, and even before they have the final name forms they have come to be known by, they were originally numbered with march being number ONE; as it was the month in which the 'turn of the year' occurred. This can be clearly seen in the fact that some of the months are still called by their original, Latin names: September (seven), October (eight), November (nine) and December (ten). These retain their original numbers according to the way the Sun Worshippers called them; before July (Julius) and Augustus (August) and any other vain name changes occured.

Hope this helps


Return to “Calendar Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 1 guest

cron