"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Why the Renewed Covenant was given on the 13th

This part of the Calendar Forum will be devoted to study links. Please use short comments on what the study is concerning and links. This is to facilitate the ease of finding the studies.

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Why the Renewed Covenant was given on the 13th

Postby Watchman555 » 14 Mar 2014, 16:12

I just wanted to share my perspective in understanding why the last supper/renewed covenant took place on the day before His impalement from a morning-to-morning perspective. In other words, if morning-to-morning is the correct perspective then we would have to agree that the day Yahusha commissioned His emissaries to go and prepare the Passover would have taken place on the 13thday of the month. Subsequently, the supper that took place would have been on the 13th and also when they went to the garden.

First of all, I think we need to determine whether that supper was the Passover that was according to the Torah. Please take a look at this note which can help in determining whether He ate Passover as the Torah commands.

http://www.yahuahreigns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=245

A question that was asked: “but cant get past why Messiah had Passover on the evening before his crucifixion”

RESPONSE: This might seem lengthy to show something which I believe is simple, so please bear with me as I will be as detailed as possible.

The first Scripture I'd like to present is:

Joh 15:16 “You did not choose Me, but I CHOSE YOU and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name He might give you.

When exactly did Yahusha choose the emissaries? I believe this is key in understanding why the last supper/renewed covenant was instated on the 13thbut we have to determine when Yahusha chose them. Most people would probably answer by saying -

Joh 1:36 and looking at Yahusha walking, he said, “See the Lamb of Elohim!”
Joh 1:37 And the two taught ones heard him speaking, and they followed Yahusha.

And subsequently the others were led to Yahusha after this. But can we find an alternative understanding for when He truly chose them to begin with? This will be revealed in a minute, but first:

Luk 22:14 And when the hour had come, He sat down, and the twelve emissaries with Him.
Luk 22:15 And He said to them, “WITH DESIRE I HAVE DESIRED TO EAT THIS PASSOVER WITH YOU before My suffering,
Luk 22:16 for I say to you, I shall certainly not eat of it again until it is filled in the reign of Elohim.”
Luk 22:17 And taking the cup, giving thanks, He said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves,
Luk 22:18 for I say to you, I shall certainly not drink of the fruit of the vine until the reign of Elohim comes.”
Luk 22:19 And taking bread, giving thanks, He broke it and gave it to them,saying, “This is My body which is given for you, do this in remembrance of Me.”
Luk 22:20 Likewise the cup also, after supper, saying, “THIS CUP IS THE RENEWED COVENANT IN MY BLOOD WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.

With the statement “with desire I have desired to eat this passover with you” brings up the question – how long had He desired to eat this Passover? From the time of His birth? From age12? Or from the beginning of His ministry? We know also that Yahusha Himself is our Passover and the covenant was to be ratified in His blood. In other words, on the 13th that is when He declared the renewed covenant that was to be in His blood which was shed on the 14th.

Real quickly let's determine what a /yom/ (day) is:

H3117

יום
yôm
yome

From an unused root meaning to be hot;a day(as the warm hours), whether literally (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next) *(or from one morning to the next)*, or figuratively (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverbially): - age,

We know that /yom/ is not limited to only the daylight portion of the day. There is a figurative term which is defined by "a space of time defined by an associated term". In other words:

2 Pe 3:8
But, beloved ones, let not this one matter be hidden from you: that with Yahuah one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

One day is as a thousand years. I'm sure that most of us are familiar with the 7,000 year plan, each 1,000 years is representative of a day. We also know that in prophetic understanding a day can be a year. A day can represent a time period that is determined by an associated term.

With the 7,000 year plan in mind we know that at the beginning of the first 1,000 years is when Yahuah said, “Let there be light” but there is also a “day”/age that took place before Yahuah said,“Let there be light” - it is called 'in the beginning'. This is an age that took place before Yahuah started to advance on this earth. How old are the heavens and the earth? Most people believe only 6,000 years. It is correct to say that the light that Yahuah spoke into existence here has only been 6,000 years ago, but as far as the heavens and the earth? We will explore some Scripture that would show two ages that took place prior to “Let there be light”.

Keeping in mind:

Col 2:16 Let no one therefore judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths –
Col 2:17 which are a SHADOW OF WHAT IS TO COME

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones – and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them – and the lives of those who had been beheaded because of the witness they bore to Yahusha and because of the Word of Elohim, and who did not worship the beast,nor his image, and did not receive his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they lived and reigned with Messiah for a thousand years
Rev 20:5 (and the rest of the dead did not come to life UNTIL THE THOUSAND YEARS WERE ENDED) – this is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and set-apart is the one having part in the first resurrection. The second death possesses no authority over these, but they shall be priests of Elohim and of Messiah, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
Rev 20:7 And when the THOUSAND YEARS HAVE ENDED, Satan shall be released from his prison

Here we see that 1,000 years as a day scenario – we know that Yahusha will return on the 7th day and will reign for 1,000 years.

Lev 23:36
‘For seven days you bring an offering made by fire to Yahuah.On the eighth day there shall be a set-apart gathering for you, and you shall bring an offering made by fire to Yahuah.It is a closing festival, you do no servile work.

Joh 7:37 And on the LAST DAY, THE GREAT DAY of the festival, Yahusha stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me, and let him who believes in Me drink.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a renewed heaven and a renewed earth, for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more.

After the 7thday will be the 8thday as is represented by the Last Great Day of Sukkoth. A day as a1,000 years. Can we find Scriptural evidence that shows us other days/ages that took place before Yahuah said, “Let there be light”? We've already seen that the days, 7th/7,000thand 8th/8,000thyears are already prophetically mentioned in Scripture. Here I will show two times/ages that existed before “Let there be light” or the first 1,000years/first day.

Rev 13:8 And all those dwelling on the earth, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the SLAIN LAMB, FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD shall worship him.

“From the foundation of the world” - when did this take place? In the beginning as it says in Genesis 1:1. Most people believe that “in the beginning” took place on the first day. But there is evidence that suggests that 'in the beginning' is a prior day/age that took place before the first day when Yahuah said, “Let there be light”. This is when the heavens and the earth were created. When the heavens and the earth were created is when Elohim laid the foundation of the world.

Job 38:4 Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if you have understanding.
Job 38:5 Who set its measurements, if you know? Or who stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Upon what were its foundations sunk? Or who laid its corner-stone,
Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of Elohim shouted for joy?

What we can gather here is that the messengers were there when Yahuah measured and stretched the line, when the foundations were sunk, and the corner-stone was laid. This took place BEFORE Yahuah said, “Let there be light”. Do we believe that the heavens, plural, are only 6,000 years old? No. Time is only 6,000 years old. Eternity past is unmeasurable. Meaning, there is huge amount of what we understand as “time” (age/ages) that took place before Yahuah began to advance upon the earth. Otherwise, we can find eternity past being limited to only 6,000 years but as we can see, the messengers were there when Yahuah built the earth. As far as 'in the beginning Elohim created the heavens' how can we limit the heavens as we know there are many; which had to have existed before the first day in the Creation work week. So I am suggesting that 'in the beginning' when the foundations of the earth was laid is a /yom/ age of itself.

Rev 13:8 And all those dwelling on the earth, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the SLAIN LAMB, FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD shall worship him.

Luk 11:49 “And because of this the wisdom of Elohim said, ‘I shall send them prophets and emissaries, and some of them they shall kill and persecute,’
Luk 11:50 so that the blood of all the prophets which was shed FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD shall be required of this generation,
Luk 11:51 from the blood of Hebel to the blood of Zekaryah who perished between the altar and the Dwelling Place. Yea, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation.

Notice that Yahusha was slain FROM the foundation of the world? From the foundation of the world is described in Iyob 38 and because Elohim knows the end from the beginning He knew that when the humans were created that they would fall into sin thereby needing the blood atonement of Yahusha. That is why He is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. That is also why all the prophets that have been killed were killed from the foundation of the world or “in the beginning”.

There is another age that precedes “in the beginning” when the foundations of the earth were laid:

Joh 17:24
“Father, I desire that those whom You have given Me, might be with Me where I am, so that they see My esteem which You have given Me,because You loved Me BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

This is a prayer that Yahusha spoke to the Father exclaiming that, “You loved Me BEFORE the foundation of the world”. So also with His emissaries which brings us to the question – when were His emissaries chosen?

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the Elohim and Father of our Master Yahusha Messiah, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Messiah,
Eph 1:4 even as HE CHOSE US in Him BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, that we should be set-apart and blameless before Him in love,
Eph 1:5 having previously ordained us to adoption as sons through Yahusha Messiah to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His desire,
Eph 1:6 to the praise of the esteem of His favor with which He favored us in the Beloved,
Eph 1:7 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of trespasses, according to the riches of His favor,

With desire Yahusha had desired to eat that Passover which was not speaking of the physical/literal Passover which He died in place of on the 14th. Because the Scripture tell us that He was slain FROM the foundation of the earth the foundation of the earth is representative of the 14thday of the month so in like manner the day/age that took place before' in the beginning' is referred to as “BEFORE the foundation of the world” and that is when they were chosen, which is represented by the 13thday of the month.

It is fitting that as Yahusha chose His emissaries before the foundation of the world that He would also initiate the renewed covenant on the very day that represents 'before the foundation of the world 'the 13thday of the month. The renewed covenant was ratified on the 14thday of the month, represented by 'in the beginning'.

Shalom,

Greg.

Return to “Calendar Studies”