"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Green pig gives birth to glowing piglets

Some of us have them, some of us don't but perhaps want to, a place to share stories of independent farming and how Yahuah has blessed the fruits of your fields, and to share information.

Moderator: Watchman555

Chayil_Ishshah

Green pig gives birth to glowing piglets

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 17 Jan 2008, 00:10

And so it goes....

[align=center]China sees results as progress toward growing organs for human transplant[/align]
[quote]
BEIJING - A cloned pig whose genes were altered to make it glow fluorescent green has passed on the trait to its young, a development that could lead to the future breeding of pigs for human transplant organs, a Chinese university reported.

The glowing piglets’ birth proves transgenic pigs are fertile and able to pass on their engineered traits to their offspring, according to Liu Zhonghua, a professor overseeing the breeding program at Northeast Agricultural University.

“Continued development of this technology can be applied to ... the production of special pigs for the production of human organs for transplant,â€

chosen

Postby chosen » 24 Jan 2008, 18:27

that is soooo gross! what are they gonna do next?

chosen

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 25 Jan 2008, 03:13

I was reading an e-mail from web MD a couple of days ago and there was an article on this very thing.
It said coming to the grocery stores in the near future.
What's next ? People will start glowing green ?
The only thing good that I could see come from this is if it would also turn the "wild hogs" that runs loose green and glowing. Then maybe we could keep from hitting them and damaging our cars and trucks.
Here in my part of Texas, some of them nasty wild hogs are as big as the front of the car. You hit them and you have damaged the whole front end of your car.
I have seen in the papers where people have ended up in the hospital from hitting a wild hog. So if any good would come to this, it would be in turning the wild hogs to glowing so they would be easier to be seen at night. (Yuck) 8)
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

Torahwoman

Postby Torahwoman » 25 Jan 2008, 04:59

Shalom....

you want to talk about a "big critter"....
moose may be (for the most part) tame as a farm cow,
but they're like brick walls.
Heyy.. maybe since moose are herbivores,
we could plant some glow-in-the-dark marijuana
in their stomping-grounds... voila! Buzzed, glowing moose. ....
i'll let you think about that for a while.... 8)

But yes... this is certainly one more disgusting thing
the labmeisters have brought out of Hyde-ing. :?: :?: :idea: :?: :?:
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

Chayil_Ishshah

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 25 Jan 2008, 15:48

chosen wrote:that is soooo gross! what are they gonna do next?

chosen

Ok - you asked!!!

Pig gut for fuller lips
Created: Thursday, January 24, 2008
A new implant derived from pig intestines could offer a longer-lasting alternative to injections for filling out thin lips, according to a study published in the Archives of Facial and Plastic Surgery.

Advertisement
"We think there is a viable product here," Dr Edmund A. Pribitkin of Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia told Reuters Health. However, he noted, just one implant wasn't enough to satisfy half of the patients in the small study.
The implant Pribitkin and his team studied, Surgisis, is derived from the lining of the small intestine of pigs, and made by West Lafayette, Indiana-based Cook Biotech Inc. It is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration and has been shown to be safe and effective when used in other parts of the body.

Acts as a scaffold
Other approaches to augmenting lips have drawbacks. Injections like Restylane gradually dissolve, Pribitkin noted, while other implants such as Gore-Tex may kink and curl. Ideally, he explained, the Surgisis implant would act as a scaffold for renewed growth of the patient's own tissue, dissolving over time.

"What would ideally happen is that it would be replaced by the body's own tissue," he said.

He and his colleagues implanted eight patients with one strand of the material per lip. Under local anaesthesia, the researchers made entry and exit incisions for the implant on either side of the lip, after which they inserted the implant and closed the incisions with a single stitch each.

"Short-term lip augmentation was achieved in all 8 patients," he and his colleagues report. Four patients requested an additional implant upon follow up, while one of them required a third.

Only one patient developed an infection after the procedure.

Pribitkin and his team are conducting additional studies of Surgisis to treat folds and wrinkles in the face, as well as longer-term follow-up of patients who underwent lip augmentation. "We think it gives an alternative to people who are getting injections," he concluded.

Pribitkin has worked as a paid consultant for Cook Biotech, but the company did not fund the current study.

SOURCE: Archives of Facial and Plastic Surgery, January/February 2008. – (Reuters Health)

http://www.health24.com/news/Plastic_su ... ,43851.asp

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 25 Jan 2008, 18:38

That's an idea, Torahwoman :lol: but then...... the nasty hogs would come along and potty, like they did in the lettuce fields, that caused all the recalls on the lettuce.
I haven't seen any moose in my area yet, but there sure is Elk running around.
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

Return to “Livestock”