"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Lunar Sabbath

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

BrotherArnold

Lunar Sabbath

Postby BrotherArnold » 19 Oct 2007, 23:43

Shalom All,

One reason I believe Lunar Sabbaths are right is because,

Gen-1;14 teaches the great lights are for days and years and FOR signs (beckon) seasons (4150)

We know the sun is for days and years and from Psm-104:19 we know that He appointed the MOON for 4150 (seasons) (appointed times)

Lev-23:2-3 teaches us that the weekly Sabbath is a 4150 (appointed time) (season)

Deductive reasoning teaches us that if the Moon is for 4150 and the weekly Sabbath is a 4150, then the Sabbaths are by the Moon.

I believe the above is referring to WORSHIP 4150's and we must keep everything in context.

Brother Arnold
Last edited by BrotherArnold on 05 Mar 2008, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

chuckbaldwin

Re: Lunar Sabbath

Postby chuckbaldwin » 21 Oct 2007, 13:56

BrotherArnold wrote:Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...
Talk about rhetoric!! If the above is true, then how come you haven't been able to prove it after almost 3 years of discussion? :?:

It's not my intention to repeat all the 3 years worth of arguments just because this is a new forum. I will mainly be monitoring the posts for any new information.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 21 Oct 2007, 19:03

Chuck,

Don't try it. Maybe it wasn't proven to YOU. But that doesn't mean it wasn't proven. You being able to see or not see something doesn't constitute proof or lack thereof.
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 21 Oct 2007, 19:57

Shalom,

Hey I really appreciate you guys coming over here. I understand what you are saying Chuck, you don't want to rehash it, but there is probably a lot of tov information that we haven't had the opportunity to go through on the other forum. I really hate to see all that info in those posts be thrown out never to be viewed again, like Chuck said - "Three years worth".

So I had a thought, I wonder if it would be somehow possible to talk to the moderator on the other forum to retrieve all information under "True Sabbath" and bring it this way to use for a database.

Any thoughts on how to go about this? Yeas or nays?

Thanks,

~Greg

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 21 Oct 2007, 20:50

Greg,

Fabulous idea! Put down a Yea for me...

Eriq

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 22 Oct 2007, 01:38

[quote="Watchman555"]Shalom,

Hey I really appreciate you guys coming over here. I understand what you are saying Chuck, you don't want to rehash it, but there is probably a lot of tov information that we haven't had the opportunity to go through on the other forum.

What is "tov" information? Or was that a typo?

So I had a thought, I wonder if it would be somehow possible to talk to the moderator on the other forum to retrieve all information under "True Sabbath" and bring it this way to use for a database.

Arnold asked me to do that for him, but i suggested it would better if he would try to talk to EliYah directly.

p.s. Who is "eriqbenel"? His tone sounds a lot like Eric Bess. :?:
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 22 Oct 2007, 02:29

Eriqbenel sounds like a very fine fellow! :D

Eriq

BrotherArnold

Lunar Sabbath

Postby BrotherArnold » 22 Oct 2007, 14:02

Shalom All,

There may be new people visiting the site and that is why I gave a brief foundational summary of why I believe the weekly Sabbaths are by the moon and used the scriptures that says that the Sabbath is a feast/4150 and the scriptures that says the Moon is for feasts/4150's.

This is why no one can produce even one conclusive scripture where a weekly Sabbath was on any other day other than the 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th of the Moon.

Brother Arnold

chuckbaldwin

CONCLUSIVE NON-lunar Sabbath

Postby chuckbaldwin » 23 Oct 2007, 05:59

This is to briefly present a conclusive non-lunar Sabbath in Scripture, that is, the weekly Sabbath of (or just before) Yahshua's resurrection.

In Mt.12:40, Yahshua declares that He will be in the "heart of the earth" 3 days & 3 nights.
Jonah 2:2 interprets this as being the "Grave" (Heb. "Sheol").

Most agree that Yahshua was killed on Abib 14 and buried either that evening or that night before dawn. 3 days & 3 nights from the 14th brings us to the 17th, with the empty tomb being discovered on the 18th or 1st day of the week. This make the 17th a weekly Sabbath, which is contrary to Lunar Sabbath reckoning.

The LS folks will no doubt give several "creative" explanations to counter the above, but i don't plan to go back and forth. Let the Spirit-led truth-seeker consider and believe as they are led.
Chuck Baldwin

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 23 Oct 2007, 11:33

Hey Chuck,

Quick thought - - if'n the weekly Sabbath was on the 17th that would also made the 10th a Sabbath also, right?

Now if one had to purchase a lamb or goat because he did not have flocks of his own how would he have purchased it on the Sabbath? Also, is there any provisions in Scriptures for this?

~Greg

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 23 Oct 2007, 14:27

Watchman555 wrote:Hey Chuck,

Quick thought - - if'n the weekly Sabbath was on the 17th that would also made the 10th a Sabbath also, right?

Now if one had to purchase a lamb or goat because he did not have flocks of his own how would he have purchased it on the Sabbath? Also, is there any provisions in Scriptures for this?

~Greg

Perfect!

This is exactly why the "sign of Jonah" Scripture is NOT "conclusive". The are several very valid alternative explanations for "heart of the earth", proving that it doesn't mean "the grave".

Jonah was NOT in the grave, he described the experience that way out of anguish. The comaprison Messiah made to Jonah was about a "time period" and NOT a "location".

Also, the passage of Scripture where Messiah appeared to the men on the road to Emmeas "conclusively" proves that 3 days and 3 nights could not possible have meant the grave.

Eriq

Eriq

kathybyers2000

Sign of Jonah

Postby kathybyers2000 » 23 Oct 2007, 15:04

Shalom and thanks for the invite to the forum. I have one of those creative understandings that Chuck was mentioning on what "heart of the earth" is. I simply used a Strongs, so perhaps somebody else here has greater resources to support their very creative understanding.

But I would like to say that anybody who is following YHWH with all of their hearts, souls, and minds would only find their creative understandings from the Creator, so please can we be careful in saying that others are following the evil one in their understandings (or even insinuating such)?

If we are to grow spiritually and understand greater truth, we must be willing to yield to the will of YHWH in each of our lives - even when we don't agree - :D Be gracious and understanding, humble and serving and not overbearing and rude and sarcastic and impatient.

I, personally, would have a very hard time receiving any truth from anybody who displayed these unrighteous fruits. So, please can we all use this forum and new opportunity to show the world how even when we as followers of the SAME Elohim, do not agree, we are still loving, gentle, civilized, and respectful to one another and each others understandings - believing and even KNOWING that all of us have been placed where we are in YHWHs appointed place and time for His greater purpose.

And perhaps we only answer questions from those whom YHWH shares with us are sincere in wanting to know what He has delivered to us, but do not share with any believer whose purpose is to work to destroy the good pearls that have been delivered to us thus far with such things as sarcasm, rudeness, impatience, etc...

So, with all of that being shared, I would like to ask if anybody here is interested in hearing the very creative understanding that YHWH has delivered to me regarding the sign of Jonah.

Praying for all of us (meaning, my self included) to properly discern when it is right to share and when it is right to remain silent.

Shalom,

Kathy

May we all be focused on YHWH and not looking down on to others. May we lower ourselves daily and share with others only when we can be joined by the Ruach haKodesh to properly guide us in to the place that YHWHs Word has prepared for each of us.

Selah

Waiting for the door to open.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 23 Oct 2007, 21:02

Shalom Kathy,,

You are right. We have been in a "heated" debate over this issue for YEARS on the "other" forum. It will be hard to break the habit, but we will.

I would love to hear your "creative understanding" of the sign of Jonah.

Eriq

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 24 Oct 2007, 02:40

Watchman555 wrote:Hey Chuck,

~Greg
Hi Greg, my guess is that he could buy it on the 9th, and officially "appoint" it on the 10th.
Chuck Baldwin

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 24 Oct 2007, 03:41

Shalom All,

The 10th or 17th could not have been a Sabbath or the merchants would NOT have been allowed to be buying and selling in the Tempole on a weekly sabbath.

Here are a few more major problems with the interpretation that Heart of the earth means grave and therefore Brother Chuck can not claim that Heare of the earth means grave, espically when the Greek word for grave is not even mentioned.

The men on the road to EMMAUS is speaking on the first day of the week/Sunday saying that Sunday was the third day from the time He was delivered to Pilot and crucified. How could from a Wednesday crucifixion to Sunday conversation with the disciples be the third day??? Luke 24:20-21

Instead of saying there must be another understanding for the sign of Jonah, some people try to get around this great embarrassment and say that the count for the third day begins at the sealing of the tomb but the Scripture plainly teach that the count begins from His death and burial to His Resurrection not from the sealing of the tomb. "He will rise the third day" this has to be the third day from His death "Not" the sealing of the tomb.

To confirm this understanding let's examine what the Angels said on the first day of the week at the tomb. The Angels told the women that He is not here for He has risen. The Angels also asked them did they remember when He was yet with them, how He told them that He would be delivered into the hands of sinful men to be crucified and rise again the third day? They did not mention any thing about sealing of the tomb but from His death. Luke 24:6-7

If you do the math you will see that from the day He was delivered into the hands of sinful men and crucified, then to the first day of the week when the Angels are speaking cannot possibly be a Wednesday crucifixion and Saturday Resurrection.
How could from a Wednesday crucifixion and placed in the tomb, to a Sunday conversation with the women and Angels be the third day??
Last edited by BrotherArnold on 24 Oct 2007, 04:14, edited 2 times in total.

Brother Arnold

Return to “Calendar Discussion”