"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

homemade hash-browns patties

Here we can discuss GM/GE foods, shopping techniques, food storage, recipes, and the like.

Moderator: Watchman555

Torahwoman

homemade hash-browns patties

Postby Torahwoman » 03 Jan 2008, 23:43

Shalom..

nothing fancy... i made them recently, and made them again tonight.
Extras are cooling, with paper towels in between; after they set a bit, will (um obviously) remove paper towels, wrap, and freeze for another time. To reheat, simply take out desired amount and 'zap' until heated through, or you can warm them in oven.

No measurements here, really....

Hash-Browns -- Patties

4 or 5 large raw potatoes (i used russets) -- shredded
desired amt. raw carrot to mix in -- shredded
desired amt. raw onion -- whatever variety you like -- shredded (i left out this time, but still tasty)
spices -- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, whatever you like (even hot!) --
-- generous amt. for entire mixture
2 eggs
some flour, or cornmeal and flour both, to help hold it together -- doesn't need to be 'pasty', just enough to make sure it doesn't fall all apart when turning in pan.
you could probably improvise on the binder.

Fry in lightly-oiled or lightly-buttered hot cast-iron skillet, in whatever-size patty you want -- mine were probably average-size. Cook until nicely-browned on both sides, transfer to paper towels on plate to absorb excess oil/butter.

This is handy to make ahead, and depending on how much is made, and how they are wrapped, they should be great for the freezer.

Enjoy, and let me know if any of you try these, and if you added/changed anything; or maybe you have your own 'recipe'. :D

tw
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

kickme

Postby kickme » 04 Jan 2008, 02:13

LOL, first I though the title said hash brownies, and I'm thinking, WOW, these people will post anything....
but this looks tasty, might have to try it myself if I can get over my fear of cooking.

Torahwoman

"T.W." 's recipe

Postby Torahwoman » 04 Jan 2008, 04:42

ROFL!!!
hey, i know i signed another post "trippin' woman"... but you didn't have to take it so seeeeriously ... lol. 8) :D :wink:
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

Return to “In the Kitchen”