"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

not one iota...?

Here we can discuss GM/GE foods, shopping techniques, food storage, recipes, and the like.

Moderator: Watchman555

Torahwoman

not one iota...?

Postby Torahwoman » 03 Jan 2008, 16:54

Shalom....

say there, Chayil Ishshah :) ...
could you please share a list of suggested questions to ask food producers/markets/suppliers to find out what we as Torah women need to know to buy the right foods, and avoid the 'tainted'/defiled?

Trying to not be stressed-out over it, but YaHUaH has certainly convicted me to be more cautious than i have been, and i am quite concerned, to put it mildly. At the same time, i battle the broadcast "you can go 'too far' and go NUUUUUUTS over it -- the concern of "every 'little' thing" ... which i do not believe to be inconsequential in the least. If i'm considered 'nutso' for caring about every whit/bit/iota, then let others think what they want. i'm the one who has to face YaHUaH for what i served as food for anyone. i know you to be a very careful shopper, having stayed with you for a little while, and i surely would love to learn specifically even moreso what to watch out for and what to ask.
Oh yes, of course, the added concern as you know of making sure i don't spend too much of what is not mine (not my finances).

Thank you!

"Nutso in New England" :shock: :P
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

Chayil_Ishshah

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 03 Jan 2008, 19:20

:shock: :shock:

Oh Boy, WELL - -

My loving master and I are in the process of putting together a study on the 'poultry industry', including names and numbers of people that he/I personally speak to. It's no where near done, but we will be diligent to accomplish that as quick as we can, Yahuah willing.

I have the feeling that it is just the tip of the iceberg....

40 acres out in the middle of nowhere looks mighty fine to me, but as my brother Sha'ul said, we must learn to be content in whatever state we're in :lol: (I suppose that would include indiana) And Yahuah did plant us here, so we must find ways to adapt and find the middle ground.

So, to answer your question, as soon as I get that done, I'll be sure to post it.

Love in Messiah,

~d

Return to “In the Kitchen”