"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Herbal Remedies

Some of us have them, some of us don't but perhaps want to, a place to share stories of independent farming and how Yahuah has blessed the fruits of your fields, and to share information.

Moderator: Watchman555

Seeking

Herbal Remedies

Postby Seeking » 29 Dec 2007, 00:29

Shalom everyone!

I had just purchased a couple of dariy goats and am awaiting the birth of the first does kid(s). While searching the net for information on milking and safe practices i found the following site with a plethora of information........http://fiascofarm.com/goats/index.htm. The lady who runs the site is Molly and she also makes herbal solutions for deworming the animals using natural remedies as well as other solutions. I just received my first order today and on some of the labels she provides doses for humans as well as different animals including dogs, cats and horses. http://fiascofarm.com/herbs/

I for one am interested in learning more about natural remedies that are available! HalleluYAH!

~Trudie

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 01 Jan 2008, 04:56

That's a interesting site, Seeking. Thanks for sharing the link.
I use a lot of sulfur (flowers of sulfur) mixed in vaseoline on all my animals. I've used it on cuts, wounds, bites, and even on the dogs when they got mange. Once the mange mitts are killed, I put the mixture on the dogs, and it doesn't hurt them if they lick it. Actually it helps them, and it heals the skin and hair starts to grow back pretty quick.
One of my billy goats, ripped my youngest lambs leg not to long ago with his horn, and I wasn't sure what to put on it or even if I should wrap it, and then I started to applying the vaseoline and sulfur mixture to the wound every day, and it amazed me how quickly it healed in a few days time.
Tewey, one of the members in this group, has some goats and if you ever run into a problem that you need some advise on, he's very good in helping solve the problem. He helped me a lot with some problems that I had with my goats.
I have always been a believer of natural remedies, as I was raised that way. And still to this day, I use more natural remedies on my family and animals then anything else. Blessings.
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

Seeking

Postby Seeking » 01 Jan 2008, 20:05

My only concern with the vasoline is that it is a petroleum product. :)

Anyhow.... just wanted to share - we have a new baby on the homestead! Little boy - born during the night :) Not sure how long to keep him though and whether or not to bother with debudding him.

Anyone have any ideas. I will keep him for 2 months and then sell him. He is beautiful.... I'll have my daughter take a picture and try and post it in a little while. :P

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 02 Jan 2008, 04:24

Seeking wrote:Anyhow.... just wanted to share - we have a new baby on the homestead! Little boy - born during the night :) Not sure how long to keep him though and whether or not to bother with debudding him.

Anyone have any ideas. I will keep him for 2 months and then sell him. He is beautiful.... I'll have my daughter take a picture and try and post it in a little while. :P
Moses' mother kept him 3 months before sending him down the river in a basket, but that was to save his life.

I'm not sure why you would be planning to sell your son? I'm confused. :?
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

Seeking

Postby Seeking » 03 Jan 2008, 01:10

My humble apologies.... i have to get my terminology just right to not confuse anyone..... let me rephrase. We have a new kid (goat) on the homestead. He's a little billie...... wonder how long i should keep him?

Hope this helps! (I did get a little chuckle from your reply, though).

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 03 Jan 2008, 02:56

Hello Seeking,

Oops! Please excuse my ignorance. My face is RED. :oops:

Congratulatios anyway.
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

kickme

Postby kickme » 04 Jan 2008, 02:11

well, I hear goats are delicious if seasoned properly and roasted over an open fire.
Let the horns grow, somebody could use them for a shofar some day
:-)

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 04 Jan 2008, 06:29

Well, i've heard of the ram's horn for Judah, and the cow/bull's horn for Ephraim, but which tribe would use the goat's horn? :?:

Maybe Gad --> Gat --> Gott --> Goat. :roll:
Chuck Baldwin

kickme

Postby kickme » 04 Jan 2008, 10:49

Chuck, the goat was as acceptable a clean animal for passover as was the sheep
what's up with that word association stretch?

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 05 Jan 2008, 01:49

kickme wrote:Chuck, the goat was as acceptable a clean animal for passover as was the sheep
what's up with that word association stretch?
Nothing special; the mention of using a goat's horn got me speculating on the etymology of the English word "goat". There was no negative intent if that's what you thought. :)
Chuck Baldwin

Seeking

Postby Seeking » 05 Jan 2008, 04:01

Hello everyone :D
So... i'm in the other chat room speaking with a young man whose family milks goats. I'm asking him my questions and the one about disbudding the goat and this was his response (i did ask if i could share ;) )

<michael> we let them have them if yahweh does not what them to have them then ho would not give them but he gave them the horns so we let them keep them

TOV Answer!

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 06 Jan 2008, 03:17

I also ask a neighbor about the debudding of goats horns, and he told me pretty much the same thing. He said that's their defense in fighting against other animals, or other billies for leadership of the herd.
Another thing I learned about these stubborn animals. Don't push them away from their head. They will but you back. My neighbor told me to use a stick or small belt and spank them on their behinds. They get the message real quick and go away from you.
I used to have problems with mine when they was running loose to graze. Everytime they would see me with a bucket they would come running. I would push them away and they would push back, and them little horns can hurt. But once I learned the trick to picking up a stick, and smacking them on their behinds, they soon learned, to stay away from me, until I called them. Now when they see me and start to run to me, I just hold up the stick and they know and turn around. :lol:
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

Seeking

Milk.....

Postby Seeking » 05 Apr 2008, 23:55

Just wanted to share the bounty from the dairy goats. I've been milking for a couple of weeks now and we are getting a little over a quart a day. This is from one milking though! Not every one is keen on drinking the milk. There is enough for 2 of us to have cereal for breakfast and maybe a little left over. Hopefully the others will come around to seeing the good in it! My second little doe is due to have her baby any time now! Patiently waiting.

Hopefully, this will work......
http://www.hisspace.cc/photo/photo/show ... to%3A85062

ps... can someone share how to post pictures directly into the message?
Thanks!

Seeking

Milk.....

Postby Seeking » 06 Apr 2008, 02:05

Just wanted to share the bounty from the dairy goats. I've been milking for a couple of weeks now and we are getting a little over a quart a day. This is from one milking though! Not every one is keen on drinking the milk. There is enough for 2 of us to have cereal for breakfast and maybe a little left over. Hopefully the others will come around to seeing the good in it! My second little doe is due to have her baby any time now! Patiently waiting.

Hopefully, this will work......
http://www.hisspace.cc/photo/photo/show ... to%3A85062

ps... can someone share how to post pictures directly into the message?
Thanks!

Chayil_Ishshah

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 07 Apr 2008, 11:49

Shalom Seeking,

Praise Yahuah for the bounty He provides!

I finally figured out how to get the pics to work and the urls, for that matter.

when you do an image use the Img button, click it once, then put the link to the image and click the Img button again. It's important to have no spaces. If there are the picture won't show up.

When you use the URL buttons you have two choices. Click the URL button and put the link and click the URL button again - no spaces, and you get what you have above.... OR ....

Click the URL button and inside the first brackets do as such:

[ url = http://www.hisspace.cc/photo/photo/show ... to%3A85062 ] Click here (or whatever you want to say) [ / url ]

Of course, take out all the extra spaces. Which will do this:

Click here

Hope this helps,

~dawn

Return to “Livestock”