"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Are we being tov stewards?

And Elohim said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the livestock, and over all the earth and over all the creeping creatures that creep on the earth.â€

Moderator: Watchman555

Chayil_Ishshah

Are we being tov stewards?

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 20 Dec 2007, 17:34

Greetings and shalom,

Not that I agree with the 'new agers' and the belief of "mother earth" and all the underlying garbage with all that; however, the question does arise:

Are we, as believers, who have been given the rule over the earth, been tov (good) stewards with that?

As my loving husband reminds me, don't go to the left (don't consider it) nor to the right (all you think about), but find the middle ground.

Does anyone have any suggestions or 'habits' that they have adopted to be tov stewards with what Yahuah has given us to rule over?

Looking forward to discussing such,

~dawn

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 20 Dec 2007, 22:25

Hello Dawn,

I recycle my used Pepsi-One bottles (~40/month), as well as my junk mail & other trash paper, and other stuff.

I also turn down my thermostat, when i'm out, and turn on what lights (flourscent of course) i'm actually using.

And i drive a hybrid.

I could probably do some more, but i hope that helps.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 21 Dec 2007, 11:06

There is a house called an "earthship house", which operates completely on natural energy. Sun, water, etc...

Just google "earthship house" and you'll find it.

These houses are said to be just as comfortable to live in as an "energy sucking" house like we all have and it even recycles whatever it uses so that nothing it wasted. They cost about the same as a regular house and they will even send you instructions on house to build it yourself. It is pretty neat, check it out.

If we all lived in one of those, energy would be free and in abundance for the next "zillion" years.
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 22 Dec 2007, 15:54

eriqbenel wrote:There is a house called an "earthship house", which operates completely on natural energy. Sun, water, etc...

Just google "earthship house" and you'll find it.

These houses are said to be just as comfortable to live in as an "energy sucking" house like we all have and it even recycles whatever it uses so that nothing it wasted. They cost about the same as a regular house and they will even send you instructions on house to build it yourself. It is pretty neat, check it out.

If we all lived in one of those, energy would be free and in abundance for the next "zillion" years.

Shalom Eriq,

Thanks for the info for the earthship houses. Some really neat stuff there. Now I have to rebuke you for giving us the link to the earthship houses, my wife wants to go stay in one, shame on you, shame on me... LOL :lol:

~Greg

Return to “To rule over...”