"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

YHWH has to be a family name

Moderator: Watchman555

LittleKangaDrinkingWine

YHWH has to be a family name

Postby LittleKangaDrinkingWine » 01 Jun 2008, 16:47

For the life of me, I can not understgand how anyone can not see that YHWH (The Father) is the head member of His own family and that He is pro-creating after His own spiritual character, though human beings.

I feel the hold up is the many verses that says "YHWH is one" and that "YHWH is the only Elohim", etc. Thus it says it, so that's what it means, right?

Well, yes and no.

If you believe the words of the New(er old) Testament, you simply can not believe that YHWH (The Father) is the only Elohim, nor can you believe that YHWH is the only member of His family.

Those who believe that YHWH is not a family, please adress what Yeshua said in John 17: 20-22. Yeshua prayed that we would be one with the Father, just as He and YHWH were/are one. So, if Yeshua and YHWH are one and have been one and Yeshua will take on (again) that very name of YHWH (Jer. 23:5-6), which He left to become the fully human seed of man and finally come in The Father's true name, to restore fully. How is it that when we put all these facts together with the scriptures like Deut. 6:4, where YHWH (the family) is one, that we can not understand that these text (like Deut. 6:4) is not speaking of a singular God, but rather a Family of being that are one, with One Almighty Head, whom we know now as the Father, YHWH.

This is so clear to me. I do not post very often, but I try to keep tabs on what you guys are talking about. I would like to hear each one's thoughts and I'll sit back and listen.

Blessings of YHWH to each one of you,

:) :) Kanga Dude

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 01 Jun 2008, 17:12

Greetings Li'l Kanga,

I am in agreement with all you posted, and it's great to see you post once in a while, knowing how busy your life is right now.

The Rotherham Bible has a translation of Deut.6:4 that makes much more sense to me than the most common rendering of "YHWH is One". It reads

Hear O Israel, Yahweh is our G-d. --- Yahweh alone.

The above rendering eliminates the need to interpret a cryptic expression. It speaks of YHWH's exclusive relationship with Israel, as opposed to trying to describe the composition & "number" of the Elohim.

As i've mentioned before, the phrase "YHWH is One" is meaningless, because it states the obvious -- EVERYTHING is "one". If i tell you that my CAR is "one", i'm not telling you anything you don't already know. It doesn't mean that only "one" car exists (there are several cars in my parking lot). Neither does it limit me to having only "one" car. I could have 5 cars, and EACH CAR WOULD BE "one". In fact, the Hebrew word "ECHAD", used in the above verse, is used numerous times in Scripture to refer to "one" among "many".

Those are my thoughts.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

LittleKangaDrinkingWine

Postby LittleKangaDrinkingWine » 03 Jun 2008, 07:04

Thanks Chuck,

Even still, I would like to hear what others like Matthew, Arnold, Eric, Greg and Dawn, Cindy, and others have to say on the subject.

Little Kanga

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 03 Jun 2008, 16:20

Shalom Joey and All~

I have to pretty much agree with you on this one. I think that Yahuah has explained to me the understanding of echad or oneness simply through marriage. You have two individual beings, one male and one female. Those two come together and become one flesh. The Body of Messiah, one body, many members. Let Us create man in Our own image. Yahusha is the only begotten of Elohim, the rest will enter into that oneness through adoption, into that family, becoming like the oldest brother, Yahusha.

Anyway, in Psalms didn't He say - "You are elohim" Little mighty ones, with the power to create and destroy. That is the authority each and every human being has been given over their own, individual lives, ruling our own worlds. Ruling our lives to everlasting destruction or everlasting life received in belief through Messiah.

Yes, Yahuah Elohim is one. Scripturally, we see that one can be more than one.

Yahusha said, "My Father is greater than I."

"I am in My Father and My Father is in Me." The Two are echad.

~Greg

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 03 Jun 2008, 19:20

I would just like to comment regarding the King James word "adoption". I used to think we were "adopted", until i learned we were "begotten", and realized that is a contradiction of terms. I later learned that "adoption" is a very poor translation, and literally means "son placing".

In other words, the Sons that Yahweh begets will be "placed" into His Family as equal-Kind Beings.
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

kickme

Postby kickme » 04 Jun 2008, 18:00

Watchman555 wrote:Shalom Joey and All~

I have to pretty much agree with you on this one. I think that Yahuah has explained to me the understanding of echad or oneness simply through marriage. You have two individual beings, one male and one female. Those two come together and become one flesh. The Body of Messiah, one body, many members. Let Us create man in Our own image. Yahusha is the only begotten of Elohim, the rest will enter into that oneness through adoption, into that family, becoming like the oldest brother, Yahusha.

Anyway, in Psalms didn't He say - "You are elohim" Little mighty ones, with the power to create and destroy. That is the authority each and every human being has been given over their own, individual lives, ruling our own worlds. Ruling our lives to everlasting destruction or everlasting life received in belief through Messiah.

Yes, Yahuah Elohim is one. Scripturally, we see that one can be more than one.

Yahusha said, "My Father is greater than I."

"I am in My Father and My Father is in Me." The Two are echad.

~Greg
Only two, one man and one woman? I feel really bad for all the believers out there who are gonna get left standing at the altar....

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 05 Jun 2008, 15:50

kickme wrote:Only two, one man and one woman? I feel really bad for all the believers out there who are gonna get left standing at the altar....
Don't feel bad -- if Yahshua has His prayer answered, ther'll be lots more... :D

Jn.17:11 ¶ And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
Chuck Baldwin

Return to “Discussion Forum”