"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Enoch Calendar?

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

TrueGirlPower

Enoch Calendar?

Postby TrueGirlPower » 30 May 2008, 11:40

Shalom y'all.

Not to throw a monkey in the wrench; has anyone looked into the Enoch calendar?
What do y'all think?

Looking at Enoch, Jubilees, and the Dead Sea Scrolls; it looks like there is a solar calendar.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Hugs and Yah bless!
Adrianne ~

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 30 May 2008, 17:04

Greetings Adrianne,

I have gone over the calendar-related parts of Enoch in detail, and also Jubilees to some extent, and my thoughts can be summed up as confused.

Enoch 72 describes a 364-day year with "months"(?) of 30-30-31 in each quarter. This has the neat feature of making Sabbaths complete for the 91-day quarter (13 weeks), and for the entire 52-week year. Apparently the extra 1.2422 day didn't exist in Enoch's time.

Enoch 78 seems more oriented to the moon, and says that most months are 29 days, but some have 28 days. I would be interested in Bro Tewey's thoughts on this seeming contradiction.

Enoch 82 again mentions the 4 91-day quarters/seasons and the 4 "intercalary days". It also describes the first 2 seasons, and these descriptions sound very much like what we call "Spring" and "Summer", which combined, compose the Biblical "Summer".

For the notice of all you double-count Pentecosters, it also indicates that the wheat harvest STARTS in the Spring, but that all is gathered in from the fields during Summer.

Enoch 80 mentions that in the "time of the sinners", everything will be out of whack -- both the heavenly luminaries and the harvests. I suspect that's the period we're in now. :?: :cry:

It seems clear that there have been at least 2 different calendars in use at various times, and possibly even at the same time.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 31 May 2008, 04:47

Greetings Chuck and all~

chuckbaldwin wrote:Enoch 72 describes a 364-day year with "months"(?) of 30-30-31 in each quarter. This has the neat feature of making Sabbaths complete for the 91-day quarter (13 weeks), and for the entire 52-week year. Apparently the extra 1.2422 day didn't exist in Enoch's time.

We have studied Enoch's calendars a little, also. From what I've gathered, you are correct in that the time span in each gate is 30 to 31 days. Of course, they're not called months, but rather periods of time in which the light increasing over the darkness or decreasing. I do not see how this could make Sabbaths complete for a 91 day quarter because the Gregorian 7-day count is not precisely the same day at the beginning of the year. 365.25/7 = 52.178571... Yet 364/7 is 52 weeks. So we know when Yisra'el received the command to keep the Sabbath it was an impossibility for the Sabbaths to be in line with the year, even if there was a 7-day continual count.

chuckbaldwin wrote:Enoch 78 seems more oriented to the moon, and says that most months are 29 days, but some have 28 days. I would be interested in Bro Tewey's thoughts on this seeming contradiction.

According to the Ethiopian version, Enoch says that stated months are 29 days, and stated months are 30 days, "it also has a period of 28 days." We know that the months are 29 or 30 days, so what is this reference to a 28 day period?
Could it be the period of 4 shabuahs? Which could also correspond to the 28 days of visible light.

chuckbaldwin wrote:Enoch 82 again mentions the 4 91-day quarters/seasons and the 4 "intercalary days". It also describes the first 2 seasons,
and these descriptions sound very much like what we call "Spring" and "Summer", which combined, compose the Biblical
"Summer".

Ethiopian Enoch 71:12-13
When the sun rises in heaven, it goes forth through this fourth gate thirty days, and by the fourth gate in the west of heaven on a level with it descends. During that period the day is lengthened from the day, and the night curtailed from the night for thirty days.

Assuming that the year begins at this point, as how after this it describes all processes the sun goes through to return to this point again, we can see that the year begins at the crossing over into the 4th gate, that point is when the daylight increases over the night. Many people believe that the year begins at the equinox when the day and night are equal, which can last around 4 days. Yet, Enoch explains that this period begins with the increasing of light over darkness. In turn, the following three tekufahs (turnings or solstice/equinox) follow the same respective order.

chuckbaldwin wrote:For the notice of all you double-count Pentecosters, it also indicates that the wheat harvest STARTS in the Spring, but that all is gathered in from the fields during Summer. Enoch 80 mentions that in the "time of the sinners", everything will be out of whack -- both the heavenly luminaries and the harvests. I suspect that's the period we're in now. :?: :cry:

I think that this time period might have started directly after the flood due to the phenomenon that took place, possibly being struck by objects, that in turn collapsed the canopy of water, striking the earth in such a manner to speed up its rotation. Thus explaining the 1.2422 day increase and moving the earth off of its axis to 23º, causing a dramatic climate change in the northern and southern hemispheres, hence we see the crops in the southern hemisphere not being in their prolific season. In other words, while the barley harvest in the spring taking place in the northern hemisphere, the southern hemisphere is entering their fall harvests.

chuckbaldwin wrote:It seems clear that there have been at least 2 different calendars in use at various times, and possibly even at the same
time.

I'm sure that there are those who would separate the time keeping of the luminaries into two different calendars: lunar and solar; but it seems to me that the lunar and solar are to be as one, echad, like the Father and Son. Although they are separated one from another in their esteem, yet they function as one. Maybe the problem lies in people separating the two, rather than seeing how they work in unity with one another. The esteem of the sun being the main source of all light, the esteem of the moon being a reflection of that light source, thus agreeing in unity, having their own specific functions. Both being witnesses to the true method of "time keeping".

~Greg

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 03 Jun 2008, 08:28

chuckbaldwin wrote:Enoch 72 describes a 364-day year with "months"(?) of 30-30-31 in each quarter. This has the neat feature of making Sabbaths complete for the 91-day quarter (13 weeks), and for the entire 52-week year. Apparently the extra 1.2422 day didn't exist in Enoch's time.

RESPONSE; Apparently the extra 1.2422 day didn't exist in Enoch's time, OR apparently someone used Enoch's name.

There's no reason to believe the ordinances of the sun and moon has changed since creation. The Scripture even says that Israel would cease from being a nation if those ordinances ceased from before Him. I have not done much studying on the Enoch calendar because it is against Scripture and nature it's self. Against Scripture because it is a strictly solar calendar and does not recognize the moon as Genesis 1:14 and Psalms 104:19 and many other Scriptures teaches, therefore it is not an option just because someone put Enoch's name on it. We know that it is not the calendar that the Almighty gave to Moses and the other prophets. It is against nature because it does not have enough days for a complete revolution and therefore the feast and seasons would drift away from the Equinoxes. I believe today's Caesar's/Gregorian calendar is a revision of the Enoch calendar, only it added the extra day in Caesar's time but it still was not enough and Pope Gregory corrected it some more after they saw it drifting but it is still getting off as we speak and my Encyclopedia says it is due for another revision. This problem disappears with the creation calendar of Genesis 1:14 because it will self adjust approximately every third year with the 13th moon. At any rate the Enoch calendar is not even an option because it does not match nature's calendar or the scriptural calendar given to Moses.

Brother Arnold
Last edited by BrotherArnold on 03 Jun 2008, 08:59, edited 3 times in total.
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 03 Jun 2008, 08:40

BrotherArnold wrote:RESPONSE; Apparently the extra 1.2422 day didn't exist in Enoch's time, OR apparently someone used Enoch's name.
That's always a possibility, but it would have had to be someone who lived long before 46 BC at least, since the 365.2422 day solar year has been known at least since then.

(Actually, i believe it was thought to be 365.25 at that time, but the point is the same.)
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 03 Jun 2008, 09:07

chuckbaldwin wrote:
BrotherArnold wrote:RESPONSE; Apparently the extra 1.2422 day didn't exist in Enoch's time, OR apparently someone used Enoch's name.
That's always a possibility, but it would have had to be someone who lived long before 46 BC at least, since the 365.2422 day solar year has been known at least since then.

(Actually, i believe it was thought to be 365.25 at that time, but the point is the same.)
RESPONSE; I had not finish my above post before you wrote your. I don't see why someone could not have forged Enoch's name to their work after 46 B.C. but my point would still be the same, and that is the Enoch calendar does not match the calendar that the Almighty gave to Moses and Moses wrote Genesis and would have known if anything had changed. Most people would have knew the length of a year by counting from equinox to equinox. And besides this, whoever wrote Enoch says that they should not accept the 365 day year.

Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold

See www.lunarsabbath.info

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 03 Jun 2008, 16:07

Shalom Fellas,

I don't know, maybe my post was cloaked, seems that most of my posts are cloaked. Maybe I just seem so far out there, nobody wants to respond. Oh well.

Concerning Enoch calendar, there is no problem that Enoch spoke of a 364 day year and we now have a 365 day year. The ordinances of the sun and moon which are both described in Enoch remains the same. It is the earth that has changed. Need I remind you that we are all erets? We are all made of the dust of the earth, therefore we are earth. Yahuah doesn't change. We are the ones that are changing. Just like the possibility that the earth was struck by something at the time of the flood which increased it's rotation speed by 1.2422 days. Just because the earth is spinning slightly faster does not mean that the ordinances of the sun and moon have changed.

As far as my study with the Enochian calendar, I see harmony. The Enochian calendar is not solar only, as a matter of fact, I don't think he considered it a calendar, parse. But more a description of the luminary functions. If we consider someone plagiarizing Enoch's name and putting it on their own writings, we might consider that for the New Testament writings also, for we find in Yahudah a word for word quote. So apparently, the emissaries had the scrolls of Enoch; how else would they have quoted from it? Of course, you might say, they had the original, but what we have now is defiled. I might remind ourselves that Yahuah warned us about the very Scriptures that we hold so dear and sacred to ourselves of the lying pen of the scribes.

Like I said, I have no problem with the writings in Enoch. Some of it seems quite outrageous, but no more outrageous than people believing that we came from rocks. Anyway, for myself Enoch has helped me understand not only the functions of the luminaries, but through those writings and the Set-Apart Spirit I have a greater understanding of the spiritual truths of function and order.

~Greg

wstruse

Postby wstruse » 04 Jun 2008, 14:51

Daniel 2:20-22 20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of Elahh for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: 21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: 22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

Joshua 10:12-13 12 ¶ Then spake Joshua to YHWH in the day when YHWH delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. 13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Jasher 88:64 ------ “And the Lord hearkened to the voice of Joshua, and the sun stood still in the midst of the heavens, and it stood still six and thirty moments, and the moon also stood still and hastened not to go down a whole day.”

Ecclesiasticus 46:4 ----- Did not the sun go back by his means? and was not one day as long as two?
(The Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach, or Ecclesiasticus)

Return to “Calendar Discussion”