"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Daniel's Prophecy

This part of the Calendar Forum will be devoted to study links. Please use short comments on what the study is concerning and links. This is to facilitate the ease of finding the studies.

Moderator: Watchman555

Lambchop

Daniel's Prophecy

Postby Lambchop » 11 Nov 2007, 02:42

Shalom Everyone,
I was reading Bro. Arnold's writing on the prophecy of Daniel and the thought came to me since the "little horn" would have changed the times and laws, what about the years?
According to the jewish calendar today would be, Cheshvan 29, 5768
Is it possible that the year is also wrong ? Could we be closer to the 7000 year without realizing this ?

I had a dream a couple of years ago and in this dream I saw a long table with baskets full of beautiful fruits sitting in the middle of the long table. The lighting surrounding the table was very bright.
I remember thinking what a beautiful table with all this fruit. Then I saw sitting on the end of the table a watch. I picked up the watch and it was like 2 minutes before midnight. Then I heard a voice say, Time is later then you think. And with that I woke up.

What do you think ?
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 15 Nov 2007, 05:30

According to Archbishop Ussher's dates, which i think are more accurate than the Jewish reckoning, we're in the year 6011-12.

According to the ages given in the LXX for the patriarchs, we're in the year 7700 or thereabouts. I don't think this is correct.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 15 Nov 2007, 14:18

chuckbaldwin wrote:According to Archbishop Ussher's dates, which i think are more accurate than the Jewish reckoning, we're in the year 6011-12.

According to the ages given in the LXX for the patriarchs, we're in the year 7700 or thereabouts. I don't think this is correct.

It would be easier to consider your statements if you were able to offer some support for them.

Why are "Ussher's" dates MORE ACCURATE? We can't just go by what you think..
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

chosen

counting years

Postby chosen » 15 Nov 2007, 15:42

There has been speculation that the "rabbis" have changed the count of the years, so no one would know when haMashiac was coming - for them, and returning - for us. I think we can all agree that whatever year it actually is, we know that haMashiac is returning relatively soon.

Doesn't the temple have to built in Yerushalayim, first before He returns, anyway?

Shalom,

chosen
Last edited by chosen on 15 Nov 2007, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherArnold

Re: counting years

Postby BrotherArnold » 15 Nov 2007, 16:20

chosen wrote:There has been speculation that the "rabbis" have changed the count of the years, so no one would know when haMashiac was coming - for them, and returning - for us. I think we can all agree that whatever year it actually is, we know that haMashiac is returning relatively soon.

Doesn't the temple have to built in Yerushalym, first before He returns, anyway?

Shalom,

chosen

Shalom Chosen,

I have no reason to believe the Temple has to be built first. I could be wrong but have never seen anything to support this teaching.

Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 15 Nov 2007, 20:26

Chosen, Is the Temple that you are refering to, the Temple spoken of in Ezekiel ?
If it is this temple you are speaking about, this temple won't be built until the 1000 yr. reign of Yahshua. Ez. 48 : 35b even tells us that the name of the city from that day shall be,yahweh is there. :D

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 15 Nov 2007, 21:02

Chuck, that date sounds more closer to what I have been thinking, but for some reason, I feel we're even farther then that.
I began thinking about this when I read the book of Jasher, 5th chapter where Yahweh spoke to Noah and Methuselah and gave them a time frame of 120 yrs. to tell the people, if they'd repent of their evilness, then Yahweh would not distroy the earth.
Matthew 24:37, But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son fo man be.
Matthew 24:38, For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, and marrying, and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Where I have been going with this is, if we have also been given that same time frame of 120 years, when would it have begun ?
Would it have begun with the budding of the fig tree in 1948 ? Or during ww2, or another time ?
This are thoughts that I think about when I think back to that dream I had, that time is later then we think.
I'd like to know what your thoughts are on this. :)

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 16 Nov 2007, 00:11

Ez. 48 : 35b even tells us that the name of the city from that day shall be,yahweh is there.

Good thought

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 16 Nov 2007, 00:39

I began thinking about this when I read the book of Jasher, 5th chapter where Yahweh spoke to Noah and Methuselah and gave them a time frame of 120 yrs. to tell the people, if they'd repent of their evilness, then Yahweh would not distroy the earth.
Matthew 24:37, But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son fo man be.
Matthew 24:38, For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, and marrying, and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Response;

I don't reply for or against what you are saying because I have not studied it but I do say there is contradictory between Josher and Gen- because Noah did not preach for 120 years according to Gen- because he was 500 years old when he got 3 sons and when he was 600 years old the flood was upon the earth, making it imposable for the sons to grow up, marry etc. even if triplets. I fingered he shortened the days in Noah's time or the wicked would have destroyed him and as it was then so shall it be at His coming. My point is he could shorten the time as Gen- teaches it never went the 120 years.

Just food for thought

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

BrotherArnold

Re: Daniel's Prophecy

Postby BrotherArnold » 16 Nov 2007, 00:54

I had a dream a couple of years ago and in this dream I saw a long table with baskets full of beautiful fruits sitting in the middle of the long table. The lighting surrounding the table was very bright.
I remember thinking what a beautiful table with all this fruit. Then I saw sitting on the end of the table a watch. I picked up the watch and it was like 2 minutes before midnight. Then I heard a voice say, Time is later then you think. And with that I woke up.

What do you think ?

RESPONSE; I am not much for dreams but I had a similar experience about 20 or so years ago with a similar meaning. I can't say if I was a sleep or in a daze, but had been fasting and I saw a huge hand that I could not see (if that makes sense) with a needle and thread in it and it was going up and down through the earth, all the way through the earth as if the earth was folded over like you would a pancake and the hand kept going up and down through the earth and when it got to the water it kept going through the ocean and I did not hear anything but I was hearing something (if that makes sense) and it was saying I am sewing it up, I am sewing it up, the Gospel is being preached and I knew everything but saw or heard nothing, if that makes sense. Guess that is why I remember it, I tell folks that I have a real good memory, it's just short.

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 16 Nov 2007, 04:45

Brother Arnold,
Your dream makes perfect sense to me. As a woman, when making a dress or something of that source, it isn't completed until the sewing is finished. Could it be that you was being showed that Yahweh is finishing up all that he said He'd do through speaking through His prophets.
The end of this age won't come until all things that the prophets of old spoke of has been fullfilled, and we are seeing this happening before our eyes these days , all through the news media.
The folding of the earth is Yahweh's way of showing you He's bringing His word together.
This is what I got from your dream, vision, whatever you want to call it.
This is what's so great about fasting and really seeking of Yahweh. He shows us small tads of His truths.

Years ago, even before I knew Yahweh and His son Yahshua, I woke up one night, and got out of bed and went and sat on the sofa in the dark.
It was as if I had been woke up for some reason, which I wasn't sure why, but I was sitting there quietly on the sofa, thinking of nothing, but what am I doing up at this hour of the night.
In a very soft voice, I heard in my head, I was told, Connie, your life is going to change soon.
I thought that was strange. I didn't think that thought, yet it was put there.
I wondered how is my life going to change. I thought it was going to happen within the next day or so, and I waited but no change happened. This change happpened about 3 years later, and it was at that time that I came out of christianity and came to know Yahweh and accepted Yahshua as my Saviour.
I tell you this as our timing isn't Yahweh's timing.
When He shows us things, we humans tend to think its going to happen asap. The fact that your dream or vision happened 20 or so years ago isn't important. What is important is that Yahweh showed you something that He felt you was ready to recieve.
Now tell me. What did you recieve from this dream or vision ?

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 16 Nov 2007, 05:32

eriqbenel wrote:
chuckbaldwin wrote:According to Archbishop Ussher's dates, which i think are more accurate than the Jewish reckoning, we're in the year 6011-12.

It would be easier to consider your statements if you were able to offer some support for them.

Why are "Ussher's" dates MORE ACCURATE? We can't just go by what you think..
I only said "i think", merely expressing an opinion. I don't need to support it, since i'm not trying to promote it, but here's my reasons:

Ussher's dates are in line with YHWH's 7000 year plan, with minor adjustment.
With the LXX figures, there would be no 7000 year plan, or either it completed 700 years ago. :mrgreen:
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

chuckbaldwin

Re: counting years

Postby chuckbaldwin » 16 Nov 2007, 05:35

chosen wrote:There has been speculation that the "rabbis" have changed the count of the years, so no one would know when haMashiac was coming - for them, and returning - for us. I think we can all agree that whatever year it actually is, we know that haMashiac is returning relatively soon.

Doesn't the temple have to built in Yerushalayim, first before He returns, anyway?
I believe there DOES have to be a temple for the "man of sin" to occupy, but it could possibly be a different temple than in Jerusalem. :mrgreen:
Chuck Baldwin

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 16 Nov 2007, 05:38

Lambchop wrote:Chuck, that date sounds more closer to what I have been thinking, but for some reason, I feel we're even farther then that.
I began thinking about this when I read the book of Jasher, 5th chapter where Yahweh spoke to Noah and Methuselah and gave them a time frame of 120 yrs. to tell the people, if they'd repent of their evilness, then Yahweh would not distroy the earth...
I'd like to know what your thoughts are on this. :)
I don't have any idea about a 120 year time frame in our time, although i can't say there's NOT one. :mrgreen:
Chuck Baldwin

wstruse

Postby wstruse » 21 Jan 2008, 04:15

Lambchop,

I believe you and Chuck are correct. The Jewish calendar actually lost 240 years. Ironically they lost these years because of a misapplication of Daniel 9 and the Seventy "Weeks" vision. Isaac Newton noted this in his study of the prophecy of Daniel. They originally applied the vision to the 2nd year of Darius Hystaspes with it fulfillment in Judas Maccabaeus. When that failed they then applied it to each succeeding Persian king thus as Newton noted "eclipsing" the kingdom of Persian. If you would like to see how this happened you can go to the link below. It is a PDF file. Skip down to chapter 3 entitled Daniel 9 and Historical Messianic Expectancy.

http://www.countdowntothemessiah.com/70WeeksCountdown/
Countdown_to_the_Messiah__Daniel's_Seventy_Weeks__70_Weeks_Fulfilled.pdf

Warm Regards,

Wstruse
Last edited by wstruse on 21 Jan 2008, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Calendar Studies”