"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Lunar Sabbath

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 24 Oct 2007, 04:06

Shalom All,

There has to be another understanding for the sign of Jonah.

A Sabbath on the 17th of Aviv?
Those espousing a 72 hour entombment believe that a "High-day Sabbath" took place on the 15th of Aviv, while a weekly Sabbath fell on the 17th of Aviv. A question not often asked is "Could the 17th of Aviv be a weekly Sabbath?

I should point out the fact that if the 17th of Aviv was a weekly Sabbath, then the 10th of Aviv would also have to be a weekly Sabbath. This is proven by simply doing the math. 10 + 7 = 17 / 17 " 7 = 10. So, we'll ask the question: was the 10th of Aviv a weekly Sabbath? Let us examine some passages akin to the question.

In John 12:1 we read the following concerning the Messiah's entrance to Bethany.

Then Yahweh-shua, six days before the Passover came to Bethany

I should point out that when John references us to the Passover, he speaks of the 15th of Aviv. We see this to be the case in a passage looked at earlier, written also by John; "And it was the preparation of the Passover" This verse describes the day of the crucifixion as the preparation of the Passover. This day had to be the 14th. Thus, just as the preparation for the Sabbath is the day before the Sabbath, the preparation of the Passover is the day before the Passover . Luke 22:1 also shows us that in New Testament times the days of unleavened bread were referred to as the Passover.

Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.

I do realize that the 14th day of Aviv can be called the Passover, and is many times throughout the Scriptures. However, we see that John very clearly, in John 19:14, refers to the feast of unleavened bread as the Passover, and Luke does exactly the same. It therefore stands to reason that in John 12:1, six days before the Passover, has the meaning of six days before the 15th of Aviv.

Six days before the 15th would of a surety be the 9th of Aviv. What is the significance of all this? Well, in John 12:12 we read that “…on the next day (10th) much people that were come to the feast when they heard that Yahweh-shua was coming to Jerusalem, took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him… We find the same account written in Matthew 21:8 where we read that, “…a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strewed them in the way.

If the 10th of Aviv was a weekly Sabbath, what are the people doing cutting branches from trees? We should also wonder why buying and selling was going on during that day as well (Mt. 21:12). Furthermore the Messiah, on this day, healed the blind and lame that came to him (Mt. 21:14). Why no rebuke from the Jewish leaders for breaking their Sabbath traditions? Wouldn't they have rebuked the Messiah for healing on the Sabbath, as they did at other times? I can agree with Mr. Harold W. Hoehner on this point:

Since Messiah was riding on an animal, He would have been breaking the Mosaic Law which states that even animals were not to work on the Sabbath (Deut. 5:14) Since the people were cutting down branches from trees (Matt. 21:8; Mark 11: , they would have also violated the Law (cf. Deut. 5:14; Num. 15:32-36) Certainly if Messiah had violated the Sabbath and caused others to do so, it seems that His enemies would have mentioned something of this during the Passion Week.

I would also like to look a little closer at the belief that six days before the Passover is the eighth day of the month and not the ninth. There are some ministers which have stated my calculations are incorrect; reasoning that the Passover referred in John to is speaking of the 14th day of Aviv, and not the 15th. I do believe that the word Passover does at times refer to the 14th day of Aviv in Scripture, however I feel I have adequately shown that in John's epistle, he uses the term Passover in reference to the 15th day of Aviv.

Let's, however, give this belief the upper hand. Let's say six days before the Passover was the 8th of Aviv, and the following day (9th) Yahweh-shua road into the streets of Jerusalem on a donkey. With this belief system, here are a few things to consider:

1. According to this calculation the Messiah would not have as accurately fulfilled the timing of the Passover lamb. The lambs were to be put or penned up on the 10th of Aviv (Ex. 12:3), not the 9th.

2. If Yahweh-shua road into Jerusalem on the 9th, do we know what happened on the next day, i.e. the 10th? Mark's account (Mark 11:1-20) seems to indicate that the temple was entered by Yahweh-shua two days in a row. Yahweh-shua enters into the temple on the 9th, and then the next day (Mark 11:12-1 He enters the temple again; on the 10th. Thus buying and selling would have been done on both the 9th and the 10th, or more likely and accurately, on the 10th and the 11th.

All of the evidence points towards this 10th of Aviv being an ordinary working day and not a weekly Sabbath day. Therefore the 17th was not a weekly Sabbath day, and the Messiah could not have been in the grave for 72 hours. Thus, either Matthew 12:40 is to be understood as meaning parts of three days, or the phrase heart of the earth does not merely connote the grave.

Go to http://www.lunarsabbath.org/ for a comp;ete study on why the scripture does not teach 3 days and 3 nights in grave/Hell

If the Holy One saw corruption/dekay as some suggest, because after 3 days and 3 nights at that time of year a body will be well on its way rotting.

The Peace offerings were NOT to remain until the 3rd day and would not be accepted, it is an abomination and our Saviour was that pease offering bringing us back to YHWH and so making Pease.
Last edited by BrotherArnold on 06 Nov 2007, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

kathybyers2000

a creative understanding

Postby kathybyers2000 » 24 Oct 2007, 12:47

At the request of a couple of readers here, I would like to share the creative understanding that I have been blessed with regarding the sign of Jonah.

Messiah, Yahushua, was a very spiritual man while he walked the earth. He even went as far as to tell all of his followers that if we even think any evil IT IS DONE IN OUR HEART ALREADY.

Well, the evil and adulterous nation seeks after a sign. So the sign he gives to them (the evil and adulterous nation) is the sign of Jonah. Except there is a difference (spiritually). This man was bizzaro man. He did everything opposite of any carnal man. Jonah spent three days in the belly of the fish to be alone with himself and quiet that inner demon. Yahushua was oppositely placed within the hearts of others which did not silence any demons but only stir them up. Please allow me to quote:

Mat 5:21 ¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

The magnification of the torah. The very purpose that the living word had to come to the world to show even the most righteous their iniquity.

And again,

Mat 26:1 And it came to pass, when Yahushua had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
Mat 26:2 Ye know that after two days is [the feast of] the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

Two more days to passover it is the twelfth of the abib moon

Mat 26:3 Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,
Mat 26:4 And consulted that they might take Yahushua by subtilty, and kill [him].

In their hearts he was dead. Thus, just as jonah was three days in the belly of a fish, so the Son of man was three days in the heart of the earth.

On the twelfth of the abib moon he entered the heart of the earth with their desire to destroy him (in their hearts he was dead already) and on the first of the week of unleavened bread (the fifteenth) he was risen.

Shalom,

Kathy

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 24 Oct 2007, 14:27

Shalom Kathy,

Very interesting understanding; thank you for sharing.

There may be one thing to take into consideraton when Qayapha the high priest prophesied that Yahusha was about to die for the nation (Yah. 11:51) it was then they received the green light to seek to kill Him; and that was some time before the triumphal entry.

Just pondering out loud....

~Greg

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 24 Oct 2007, 14:34

Hi Greg, my guess is that he could buy it on the 9th, and officially "appoint" it on the 10th.

:roll:
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 24 Oct 2007, 14:52

Shalom Kathy,

I enjoyed that as well. It is a very plausible conclusion. One thing tha t makes a conclusion plausible is when it doesn't conflict with other parts of Scripture.

Greg wrote:

There may be one thing to take into consideraton when Qayapha the high priest prophesied that Yahusha was about to die for the nation (Yah. 11:51) it was then they received the green light to seek to kill Him; and that was some time before the triumphal entry.

Good point. I think though, maybe Kathy was saying that the "heart" was there, but Messiah mentioned that He was going to dwell in it.

I will also mention that the Greek word for "earth" indicates an "area of land (above ground) INCLUDING THE OCCUPANTS...

See the Strong's Concordance

Eriq

kathybyers2000

Yes, thank you Eriq.

Postby kathybyers2000 » 29 Oct 2007, 12:17

It wasn't until Yahushua spoke it in to their hearts that it became his reality. My understanding is that he is the living word and thus when HE proclaimed that it was going to be so, he then entered the hearts of them that sought to kill him so that their desire was beyond their minds and entered in to their hearts.

So, although they had been plotting to kill him earlier, he entered their hearts that they might destroy him on the 12th of the moon of Abib upon Yahushua proclaiming it so.

Hope this explains my understanding a little better.

Shalom,

Kathy

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 31 Oct 2007, 09:10

I dont say I agree or disagree but it is as good as any explaination yet and you could add the fact that we are made from the earth, earthy and in the heart of these earthy minded people, He was in there heart to kill Him.

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

HeHoldsMyHand

Postby HeHoldsMyHand » 04 Nov 2007, 19:26

Hi All,

Further to Kathy's explanation, in all of Yahushua's parables (or the rest of scripture, come to think of it), man's heart has always been described as the earth, or soil etc. Such as in the parable of the seed landing on different types of soil (man's heart). So that would support her explanation of 'the heart of the earth'.

And can I just say, its nice to find a forum where there isn't any bickering!
I'm looking forward to learning and sharing.

Lindsey

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 04 Nov 2007, 23:14

YirmeYahu 51:50:
Remember Yahuah from afar, and let Yerushalayim come to your heart.

The Tanak being a physical example of a spiritual parable ? 8)

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 06 Nov 2007, 03:56

Shalom All,

I had a library to send me a copy of an article out of the Universal Jewish Encyclopedia under Sabbath, which was written by a well respected Rabbi who actually stated that the Sabbath was obscure and in another article the same author, Max Joseph, admits that the Sabbath was originally by the phases of the moon. He also tells how that it was on the Sabbath that the Israelites were delivered from Egypt’s bondage and given rest on the Sabbath day and quotes Deut-5:15. We know from Numbers 33:3 that they were delivered on the 15th of the 1st month and we know from Ex-16 that the weekly Sabbath was on the 15th again in the 2nd month and we know that it is imposable to have the traditional Sabbath fall on the 15th two months in a row and we know it is only possible with Lunar Sabbaths.

That is why it is impossible to find a Sabbath that was not on one of the 4 major phases of the moon in scripture. And imposable to find Historical evidence of the Jews keeping the traditional Sabbath during the time that the Temple was still standing.

We can prove from scripture that the Savior and the Apostles kept the SAME Sabbath as the Jews and we can prove from the Historical evidence that the Jews kept Lunar Sabbaths. Philo the Jew was a Levite Priest who lived and wrote at the time of the Messiah and was an eye witness as how they kept Sabbaths. See http://lunarsabbath.info/_wsn/page3.html

Brother Arnold

Ps I am trying to figger out how to scan the Info to here for everyon to examine.

Brother Arnold

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 06 Nov 2007, 12:12

HeHoldsMyHand wrote:Hi All,

Further to Kathy's explanation, in all of Yahushua's parables (or the rest of scripture, come to think of it), man's heart has always been described as the earth, or soil etc. Such as in the parable of the seed landing on different types of soil (man's heart). So that would support her explanation of 'the heart of the earth'.

And can I just say, its nice to find a forum where there isn't any bickering!
I'm looking forward to learning and sharing.

Lindsey

Shalom Lindsey!

That may be a VERY interesting point. Could you please provide some examples in Scripture where the heart is referred to as soil or earth?

I earnestly pray we are able to keep the bickering away.

Eriq

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 09 Nov 2007, 20:30

I had posted in the wrong place.

Brother Arnold
Last edited by BrotherArnold on 10 Nov 2007, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Brother Arnold

Yahprophetess

Why I keep the lunar sabbath

Postby Yahprophetess » 09 Nov 2007, 23:55

The calendar of Yahweh is untouched by man as it is in the sky. They cannot alter it or corrupt it. It is a perfect calendar which follows the commandment of working 6 days and resting the 7th. Following his calendar is really submitting to following all the ways of Yahweh , instead of worshipping him in our own ways and man made ways. I am able to keep the correct sabbath which Yahweh made, instead of the sabbath man devised. For there is great rewards in keeping HIS sabbath correctly, as written in Isaiah 58, he will cause you to ride upon the high places in heaven and feed you with the heritage of Jacob. I appreciate all the articles here on keeping the lunar sabbath , as I instruct many to follow Yahweh's calendar .
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other , for there is no other name under heaven given amoung names whereby we must be saved.

Watchman555

Greetings and Welcome

Postby Watchman555 » 10 Nov 2007, 15:08

Shalom Yahprophetess,

Welcome to "The Forum". We're very excited to see you here and to read your posts and get to know you better; as well as everyone else here.

In great expectation and prayers to Yahuah that He would kindly draw those individuals that He has elected to join us here that His body parts might edify one another that we grow in perfection into that mind of Messiah and unity that we all desire.

Thanks for coming,

~Greg and dawn

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 14 Nov 2007, 04:46

eriqbenel wrote:Hi Greg, my guess is that he could buy it on the 9th, and officially "appoint" it on the 10th.
:roll:
I know, Eric, you're just mad because i came up with an answer. :P :mrgreen:
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

Return to “Calendar Discussion”