"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

banana-chocolate chip bread

Here we can discuss GM/GE foods, shopping techniques, food storage, recipes, and the like.

Moderator: Watchman555

Torahwoman

banana-chocolate chip bread

Postby Torahwoman » 21 Nov 2007, 08:40

Shalom...

regular ol' mixing and baking for this quickbread....

This was shared by a Torah sister up here in Maine, given to her by her mother.

Angela's Banana (Chocolate Chip) Bread

about 3-6 bananas, mashed [i had 7 in freezer, mashed them, then 'eyeballed it'
for dividing mixture in half; i put other 1/2 back in
freezer, thinking for banana pancakes maybe. TW]
4 eggs
2 c. sugar [sister said she uses turbinado sugar; i didn't have enough of that. TW]
1 c. oil [she said she doesn't like using veg. oil, so may use butter or some other oil.TW]
1 tsp. vanilla [yeah, the real stuff -- you ought to check out what's in artificial. Yuck. TW]
3 1/3 c. flour [she says you can mix whatever flours you want.TW]
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon [did you know that "90+ % of 'cinnamon' in U.S. is really cassia" ? i think
i spelled that correctly. TW]
about 1 c. chocolate chips
other optional ingredients you can add: coconut, nuts, ginger, clove... YaHrusha said she likes putting in some of these; i'm not sure if her Mom puts the choc. chips in, or maybe she only goes by the basic banana recipe. Anyway, i've had the loaves YaHrusha has made in the past, and they are very tasty -- which is why i asked for the recipe! She said she doesn't really measure some stuff, but it comes out great anyway, far as i'm concerned!

Bake at 350 deg. F., for about 55-60 min. depending on your oven -- mine didn't take that long, i don't think. Was a leeeeetle bit overdone on edges, but inside was delicious.
Makes 2 loaves, or as YaHrusha makes - about 7 mini-loaves, in those throwaway tins.

tw
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

chosen

me want banana bread!!!!

Postby chosen » 21 Nov 2007, 12:54

ohhh, i looooooove banana bread with chocolate chips, YUMMMMMMY! I used to make it all the time when A was little, don't know why i stopped.

I used honey (from the bee keeper) instead of sugar, apple sauce instead of oil and peanut butter just to make it peanut butter-y! Oh my, was it ever deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious! LOL

Then in the morning i would toast it, and put butter on it, and maybe some cream cheese! Wowzers was that ever decadent! I could eat almost a whole loaf in one day! Of course, i was nursing then, and i didn't have to worry about the extra calories.

I am definately going to make some soon.

Oh, and i want to let you know, A made chocolate chip cookies all by herself the other day! All i did was take them off the cookie pan and put 'em on the wire racks to cool. They are tasty, too.

Thanks for sharing that recipe, tw aka pen.

Love ya sis!

(((((((((((((((((((((((tdub))))))))))))))))))))))))

chosen

Torahwoman

b. bread...

Postby Torahwoman » 21 Nov 2007, 19:35

Shalom...

heyyy great to hear about A making those cookies! Way to go, A! :D

Now that you mention it, i think YaHrusha did say something about applesauce... ? i'm sure she'd like the p.b. idea too; and the honey she does use in some stuff, and i myself wondered if i could use it in place of the sugar.... as i know some recipes need the consistency of one OR the other, and not always interchangeable... ? Anyway.. glad to share with you and everyone, and no doubt will probably be putting more recipes on the board.... i had said to YaHUaH i wanted to return to cooking as i hadn't done hardly any while i was away, and i missed it, and He caused it to be! :D i never claimed to be a great cook, but some things i do enjoy making, and i thank Him that i can. \o/
On today's to-do list: Pick over the bird -- i took the leftover turkey and put it on to boil so as to make a nice broth, and loosen the meat off the bones -- and then put together a turkey soup. Great for the way the weather is up here now -- a bit on the white side.
~~ Sigh.... ~~

tw hugs u back! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((chosen and A))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

Return to “In the Kitchen”