"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

bread-machine recipes

Here we can discuss GM/GE foods, shopping techniques, food storage, recipes, and the like.

Moderator: Watchman555

Torahwoman

bread-machine recipes

Postby Torahwoman » 21 Nov 2007, 08:11

Shalom!

here are a couple to start with... Quick Sourdough Bread, and English Muffin Bread. Both are from a website (will look up the link so i can share that here, too).
The Sourdough Bread, i made today, and it came out well -- light and very tasty. The English Muffin Bread, i made yesterday, and though it fell, the flavor was still delicious -- Mom really liked both. :D i used to think that with the machines there wouldn't be the problem of humidity, etc. but i was wrong. Oh well, live and learn! :shock: :wink: Will keep using the machine as long as it holds out, if YaHUaH so chooses. Yes, i could attempt again making it completely by hand but why should i put a stumblingblock -- read: semi-edible doorstop -- before someone? :lol:

Anyway... here they are....

English Muffin Bread

1 1/4 c. water
3 c. bread flour
2 tsp. sugar
3 Tblsp. nonfat dry milk
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. yeast [ 1 pkg. = 2 1/4 tsp.; i usually measure out of the jar. TW]
1/4 tsp. baking soda

The machine i use -- a Breadman -- calls for liguid ingredients to go in first, on the bottom, then the dry, then yeast on top, as it says to be careful not to let yeast become wet (before it mixes, i guess).
i use the simple white bread setting, which process takes 2 hrs. 40 min. total time -- mixing, kneading, rising, and baking.
The lady who shared the recipe says that she sprinkles a little cornmeal on top right before the baking phase, but i eliminated that (though i like it), because my machine makes the loaf vertically, instead of horizontally (which is what i would have preferred).

Quick Sourdough Bread

3 c. sifted bread flour
2 3/4 tsp. yeast
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
3 Tblsp. butter
1 Tblsp. oil
1/2 c. sour cream or plain yogurt [i used sour cream. TW.]
2 tsp. lemon juice
2/3 c. water

Again, my machine requires liguids go in first, then dry, then the yeast on top; i put the butter in between the lig. and the dry. The lady who shared this recipe did state that the ingredients should be measured exactly.

Both 'directions' are my suggestions, as the recipes did not give any (not really needed, with a machine :P ) , but only gave a few notes.
Enjoy! Let me know if you try these -- whether one or both -- and how you fared with your machine, etc.

tw
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

Torahwoman

link for above recipes...

Postby Torahwoman » 21 Nov 2007, 10:17

Shalom !

here's the link for those two recipes, and more!

http://www.breadnet.net/

it has regular bread recipes as well. :D

tw
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

Return to “In the Kitchen”