"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Response to people claiming we can eat pork

Here we can discuss GM/GE foods, shopping techniques, food storage, recipes, and the like.

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Response to people claiming we can eat pork

Postby Watchman555 » 15 Mar 2014, 18:09

Laura Lee said,

“ ‎@Luther -- We are to be mindful of those who are concerned about meat SACRIFICED TO DEVILS. “

REPLY: If you are a Christian do you eat ham on easter? Do you have any idea why the pig is the main course on easter? Do you have any idea about what easter even stands for? Do you even care?

Laura Lee said,

“If ppl have a problem with Christinas eating pork, they are in satanic bondage”

REPLY: Satanic bondage? For following the instructions of the Creator of all things? Satanic bondage? What do you know about satanic bondage? Here’s a little something about Satanic bondage:

Mat 8:28 And when He came to the other side, to the country of the Girgashites, two demon-possessed ones met Him, coming out of the tombs, very fierce, so that no one was able to pass that way.
Mat 8:29 And see, they cried out, saying, “What have we to do with You, Yahusha, Son of Elohim? Have You come here to torture us, before the appointed time?”
Mat 8:30 And at a distance from them there was a herd of many pigs feeding,
Mat 8:31 and the demons begged Him, saying, “If You cast us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”
Mat 8:32 And He said to them, “Go.” And they, coming out, went into the herd of pigs. And see, the entire herd of pigs rushed down the steep place into the sea, and died in the water.

Wow, look at that… Yahusha casting out demons and they wanted to go into the pigs. You would think that might tell us something, but obviously it does not outweigh the taste of pork.

Laura Lee said,

“ and I will show them zero consideration by not eating bacon in front of them. I will eat the bacon and not come under bondage to them under the law. They will not spy out my liberty to bring me under bondage to the law. There's a difference.”

REPLY: Please show us in Scripture where your “liberty” includes eating unclean animals. So you must believe through Yahusha’s death that He has now miraculously cleansed the pig. Are you saying that the pig is cleaner now than it was before Yahusha died? Or tell me; at exactly what point did the pig become clean to eat? Now if the pig is clean so is the dog, the cat, the skunk, the lizard, etc… Now I would imagine if you eat the pig you also eat the dog and the cat. Or would you consider that an abomination? If somehow all these animals are all now clean to eat can you please explain these next Scriptures? You might even use these as your “proof” text:

Act 10:9 And on the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Kĕpha went up on the house-top to pray, about the sixth hour.
Act 10:10 And he became hungry and wished to eat. But while they were preparing, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11 and he saw the heaven opened and a certain vessel like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth,
Act 10:12 in which were all kinds of four-footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping creatures, and the birds of the heaven.
Act 10:13 And a voice came to him, “Rise up, Kĕpha, slay and eat.”
Act 10:14 But Kĕpha said, “Not at all, Master! Because I have never eaten whatever is common or unclean.”
Act 10:15 And a voice came to him again the second time, “What Elohim has cleansed you do not consider common.”
Act 10:16 And this took place three times, and the vessel was taken back to the heaven.
Act 10:17 And while Kĕpha was doubting within himself about what the vision might mean, look, the men who had been sent from Cornelius, having asked for the house of Shimʽon, stood at the gate,

Is this the point where the pig and all the other creeping creatures miraculously became clean to eat? Well, what do we see here:

1. This took place after Messiah died and was resurrected
2. We find Kepha saying “not at all, because I have NEVER eaten whatever is common or unclean” – well, why didn’t he? Surely Kepha would have known that all these creatures were clean for his consumption.
3. Did Kepha rise up and eat? No, he did not. But as we can see in verse 17 that there was more of a meaning to this rather than Yahuah saying that all these creatures were now clean to eat, this is evident by him doubting within himself what the vision might mean. Verse 28 answers his dilemma:

Act 10:28 And he said to them, “You know that a Yehuḏite man is not allowed to associate with, or go to one of another race. But Elohim has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Elohim showed him that he should not call any man common or unclean. He did not say I should not call any creature common or unclean. But I don’t suppose you can see this if you’re heart is set on the delicacies of the unclean.

Isa 66:16 “For by fire and by His sword Yahuah shall judge all flesh, and the slain of Yahuah shall be many –
Isa 66:17 those who set themselves apart and cleanse themselves at the gardens after ‘One’ in the midst, eating flesh of pigs and the abomination and the mouse, are snatched away, together,” declares Yahuah.

So when will Yahuah judge all flesh? He even has a warning concerning those who consider themselves set-apart and cleansed eating flesh of pigs. This clearly shows that when Yahuah shall judge all flesh that He will also judge those who eat the flesh of pigs. Oh and the mouse also, surely from your stand point the mouse is also clean. Do you eat the mouse also? If not, why? It’s clean, right? What would you say of others if they were eating the mouse, lizard, dog, cat… would you say they are ‘disgusting’? Do you discriminate on what is clean and unclean by what you eat and what you don’t? Why is it so far from someone’s understanding to think that there are limitations on what we can eat? These next verses show us what Yahuah Elohim tells us we can eat and what we cannot eat, how dare Him tell us what we can and cannot eat.

Lev 11:2 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘These are the living creatures which you do eat among all the beasts that are on the earth:
Lev 11:3 ‘Whatever has a split hoof completely divided, chewing the cud, among the beasts, that you do eat.
Lev 11:4 ‘Only, these you do not eat among those that chew the cud or those that have a split hoof: the camel, because it chews the cud but does not have a split hoof, it is unclean to you;
Lev 11:5 and the rabbit, because it chews the cud but does not have a split hoof, it is unclean to you;
Lev 11:6 and the hare, because it chews the cud but does not have a split hoof, it is unclean to you;
Lev 11:7 and the pig, though it has a split hoof, completely divided, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean to you.
Lev 11:8 ‘Their flesh you do not eat, and their carcasses you do not touch. They are unclean to you.

Rom 16:17 Now I call upon you, brothers, watch out for those who cause divisions and stumbling, contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

Lev. 11 is the teaching concerning what we are to eat and what we are not to eat. Where do you think the teaching came from? Do you think they were studying the “New Testament” at that time? No, their teaching came from the Torah.

Rom 16:18 For such ones do not serve our Master Yahusha Messiah, but their own stomach, and by smooth words and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the innocent.

Eze 22:26 “Her priests have done violence to My teaching and they profane My set-apart matters. They have not distinguished between the set-apart and profane, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean. And they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, and I am profaned in their midst

Eze 44:23 “And they are to teach My people the difference between the set-apart and the profane, and make them know what is unclean and clean.

What you consider “your liberty” is in direct opposition to what the Torah instructs. Anyways, was it not Yahusha that was giving these commands to Mosheh to be written down for the children of Yisra’el? Is not Yahusha the Word? Is He not the Spokesman for the Father? He told us in His Torah that certain things were clean and unclean. How many pairs of unclean animals did Mosheh put on the ark? Do you think the clean and unclean just came about through the Torah? No obviously before the flood there was a distinction between clean animals and unclean.

1Ti 4:1 But the Spirit distinctly says that in latter times some shall fall away from the belief, paying attention to misleading spirits, and teachings of demons,
1Ti 4:2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having been branded on their own conscience,
1Ti 4:3 forbidding to marry, saying to abstain from foods which Elohim created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4 Because every creature of Elohim is good, and none is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,
1Ti 4:5 for it is set apart by the Word of Elohim and prayer.

4:3 says “abstain from foods which Elohim created to be received with thanksgiving”. Question – which foods did Elohim create to be received with thanksgiving? Pigs? Dogs? Raccoons? Lizards? Skunks? NO. Lev. 11 tells us which foods are to be received with thanksgiving. But of course you might stick with verse 4 alone “every creature of Elohim is good, none to be rejected if it’s received with thanksgiving”. You take this one verse out of context not considering which foods Elohim created to be received with thanksgiving. You also take it out of context without verse 5 which says the creatures of Elohim are set-apart by the Word of Elohim. So please provide the Scripture from the TaNaK (old testament) that shows that any unclean animal is set-apart by His Word that we might eat it.

Now remember, the Word of Elohim that is being spoken of here is not the New Testament because it had not been written yet, the only Word of Elohim being spoken of here is the TaNaK. And you say we are in ‘satanic bondage’? Personally, it is your choice whether you choose to eat the unclean. We do not judge you nor condemn you, nor say that you are “going to hell” for eating the pig, or the dog, or the cat, or the mouse. But just consider it a warning because you might just be spanked over it.

Luk 12:47 “And that servant who knew his master’s desire, and did not prepare, nor did according to his desire, shall be beaten with many stripes. Luk 12:48 “But he who did not know, yet did what deserved flogging, shall be beaten with few. And everyone to whom much is given, from him much shall be demanded. And to whom much has been entrusted, from him much more shall be asked.

Mat 5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done. Mat 5:19 “Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the heavens; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.

So tell me why is it that those who choose to follow Yahuah’s instructions from the Torah are in some kind of “satanic bondage”? You think because we follow His instructions we deny the ‘grace of Messiah’? Isn’t that a common cliché? Did you ever stop to consider that because sin is transgression of the law and those that believe in Messiah want to stop sinning so they follow the instructions in the Torah that tells us what sin is?

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Rom 7:7 What, then, shall we say? Is the Torah sin? Let it not be! However, I did not know sin except through the Torah. For also the covetousness I knew not if the Torah had not said, “You shall not covet.” So how are we to know what to eat and what not to eat if we do not read it in the Torah?

Maybe you could explain how it is that Yahusha came to save us from our sins yet we can continue to ignore the instructions given in the Torah? How is it that the whole world will be judged for their lawlessness yet those who believe in the Messiah can go about doing lawless deeds and be saved by this “grace” ? Or how is it that when the Messiah comes that you will be raised up with Him to be kings and priests over the world to teach and enforce the laws that you yourselves do not obey because of “your liberty”? Doesn’t that seem kind of odd? That the world will be judged for their lawlessness yet the Christians can continue in their lawlessness because they are ‘saved’ and then they will turn around in the millennium and teach the laws that they themselves never kept. Hmmmm No wonder homosexuality is accepted in some Christian churches, I mean everything is clean right? You’re not bound by the law, right?

Paul Perreault said,

“Besides Jesus Christ gave us a NEW COVENANT and the Old Law is now Jesus Christ......If we focus on the OLD LAW we would ALL GO TO HELL!!!! FOR NOT ONE MAN IS TOTALLY RIGHTEOUS! People seem to forget the IMPORTANCE OF JESUS CHRIST AND HIS SACRIFICE!!!”

REPLY:

Psa 19:7 The Torah of Yahuah is perfect, bringing back the being; The witness of Yahuah is trustworthy, making wise the simple;
Psa 19:8 The orders of Yahuah are straight, rejoicing the heart; The command of Yahuah is clear, enlightening the eyes;
Psa 19:9 The fear of Yahuah is clean, standing forever; The right-rulings of Yahuah are true, They are righteous altogether,

Paul that is absolutely ridiculous to say that somebody is going to hell for obeying what is written in the Torah. Did you ever stop to consider that if it wasn’t for Yahusha saving us from our sins that we would care less about keeping the commands? The truth is, the Messiah Himself and through His unmerited kindness towards us causes us to be obedient to His Word. Now the statements you have made are in no way Scriptural at all. You are speaking from your own understanding and not the Scriptures.

If you are speaking from the Scriptures then you will tell us where, what verse shows us that if a man obeys the commandments in the Torah that he will “go to hell”. Apparently you would say that David is out to lunch. He didn’t know what he was talking about. He says the Torah of Yahuah is perfect bringing back the being. Bringing them back from where? A sinful state. What you are in turn doing is calling Yahuah a liar and you are mocking and belittling those who choose to be in obedience.

If you truly believe that the Old Testament laws are done away with then you better not have anything to say about those who commit homosexuality, bestiality, rape, incest, adultery, fornication, etc, etc Are there any laws you observe yourself? Do you murder? If you don’t murder then you’re denying the grace of Messiah. If you don’t commit homosexuality then you’re denying the grace of Messiah. If you don’t sleep with your dog or your mother then you’re denying the grace of Messiah, etc, etc.

Here’s the fact – you will pick and choose of your own accord exactly what commands you will observe or not. Pick and choose. Far be it from YOU to let the Elohim of all Creation tell you what you can and can’t do. Are you married? If you are then you better let your wife commit adultery with whomever she chooses otherwise you’re denying the grace of Messiah. Will you try to tell us you keep the 10 commandments? If so, do you really.

Paul said,

“We are not bound by the OLD LAW BUT BY THE NEW LAW GIVEN TO US BY JESUS CHRIST! Serously Ellie you need to put your focus on the LIVING GOD rather than the OT/ Mosaic laws....Jesus Christ paid for ALL of our sins, so this is quite irrelevant IMO.

REPLY: And that is exactly what it is, your opinion and not what the Scriptures say. Exactly what is the “new” law? Please quote it.

Paul Perreault said,

“The reason pig was unclean in the OT was because it was not cultivated/herded and pigs like we still know of today will EAT ANYTHING!!! Even their own feces...And whatever they eat grows on their rib cage literally that day! Therefor it becomes unclean....However today that is different.”

REPLY: The pig is unclean because Yahuah said it is unclean. But of course you think man can come along and by simply giving them grains would make them clean? Apparently you don’t have any idea about the biology of a pig. Why do you think they grow human tissue such as ears and organs from a pig? Did you ever think because they are so closely related in genetic make-up to the human? Do you know what cannibals refer to humans as? Long pig. Why? It ain’t because they taste like chicken!

Paul here is what I would seriously suggest to you – run as far away from the preachers you have been listening to, immerse yourself in the Word and prayer to Yahuah Elohim Most-High and do what HE says rather than man’s twisting of the Scripture so that they might enjoy their lawlessness without conviction.

Return to “In the Kitchen”