"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Real Food vs. GMO

Here we can discuss GM/GE foods, shopping techniques, food storage, recipes, and the like.

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Real Food vs. GMO

Postby Watchman555 » 05 Mar 2014, 21:15

Deut. 28:1-5:
1 “And it shall be, if you diligently obey the voice of Yahuah your Elohim, to guard to do all His commands which I command you today, that Yahuah your Elohim shall set you high above all nations of the earth.
2 “And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of Yahuah your Elohim:
3“Blessed are you in the city, and blessed are you in the field.
4 “Blessed is the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground and the fruit of your livestock – the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.
5 “Blessed is your basket and your kneading bowl.

Deut. 28:15-18:
15 “And it shall be, if you do not obey the voice of Yahuah your Elohim, to guard to do all His commands and His laws which I command you today, that all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you:
16 “Cursed are you in the city, and cursed are you in the field.
17 “Cursed is your basket and your kneading bowl.
18 “Cursed is the fruit of your body and the fruit of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.

Ezeki’el 5
1 “And you, son of man, take a sharp sword, take it as a barber’s razor, and you shall pass it over your head and your beard. And you shall take scales to weigh and divide the hair.
2 “Burn with fire one-third in the midst of the city when the days of the siege are completed. And you shall take one-third and strike around it with the sword, and scatter one-third in the wind. And I shall draw out a sword after them.
3 “And you shall take a few hairs from there and bind them in the edge of your garment.
4 “And take again some of them, and throw them into the midst of the fire, and burn them in the fire. From it a fire shall spread unto all the house of Yisra’el.
5 “Thus said the Master Yahuah, ‘This is Yerushalayim which I have set in the midst of the gentiles, with the other lands all around her.
6 ‘But she rebelled against My right-rulings, doing wrong, more than the gentiles, and My laws more than the lands all around her. For they have rejected My right-rulings, and they have not walked in My laws.’
7 “Therefore thus said the Master Yahuah, ‘Because you have rebelled more than the gentiles all around you, and have not walked in My laws, nor done My right-rulings, nor even done according to the right-rulings of the gentiles all around you,’
8 therefore thus said the Master Yahuah, ‘Look I Myself am against you and shall execute judgments in your midst before the eyes of the gentiles.
9 ‘And I shall do among you what I have never done, and the like of which I never do again, because of all your abominations.
10 ‘Therefore fathers are going to eat their sons in your midst, and sons eat their fathers. And I shall execute judgments among you and scatter all your remnant to all the winds.
11 ‘Therefore, as I live,’ declares the Master Yahuah, ‘because you have defiled My set-apart place with all your disgusting matters and with all your abominations, therefore I also withdraw. And My eye shall not pardon, nor shall I spare.
12 ‘One-third of you shall die of pestilence, and be consumed with scarcity of food in your midst. And one-third shall fall by the sword all around you. And I shall scatter another third to all the winds, and draw out a sword after them.
13 ‘And My displeasure shall be completed. And I shall bring My wrath to rest upon them, and I shall be eased. And they shall know that I, Yahuah, have spoken it in My ardor, when I have completed My wrath upon them.
14 ‘And I shall make you a waste and a reproach among the gentiles that are all around you, before the eyes of all who pass by.
15 ‘And it shall be a reproach, an object of scorn, a warning, and an astonishment to the gentiles that are all around you, when I execute judgments among you in displeasure and in wrath and in heated chastisements. I, Yahuah, have spoken.
16 ‘When I send against them the evil arrows of scarcity of food which shall be for their destruction, which I send to destroy you, I shall increase the scarcity of food upon you and cut off your supply of bread.
17 ‘And I shall send against you scarcity of food and evil beasts, and they shall bereave you. And pestilence and blood shall pass through you, while I bring the sword against you. I, Yahuah, have spoken.’ ”

Monsanto. The multi-million dollar agricultural company that claims they apply innovation and technology to help farmers around the world be successful, produce healthier foods, better animal feeds and more fiber, while also reducing agriculture's impact on our environment.

However, is that true? Or are they an evil beast that is tampering with the genetics of the food that Abba gave us for their bottom line leaving us with what appears to be food, but is it really?

More on Monsanto

YirmeYahu 5:11-18:
11 “For the house of Yisra’el and the house of Yehudah have utterly betrayed Me,” declares Yahuah.
12 They have been untrue to Yahuah, and said, “It is not He. No evil comes upon us, nor do we see sword or scarcity of food.”
13 And the prophets have become wind, and the Word is not in them. Thus shall be done to them:
14 Therefore thus said Yahuah Elohim of hosts, “Because you speak this word, see, I am making My words in your mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.
15 “See, I am bringing a nation against you from afar, O house of Yisra’el,” declares Yahuah. “It is an enduring nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language you do not know, nor do you understand what they say.
16 “Their quiver is like an open tomb, all of them are mighty men.
17 “And they shall eat up your harvest and your bread, which your sons and daughters should eat. They shall eat up your flocks and your herds, they shall eat up your vines and your fig trees. With the sword they shall demolish your walled cities, in which you are trusting.
18 “But even in those days,” declares Yahuah, “I shall not make a complete end of you.

It appears that the united States has plenty of food, but if one takes into consideration the following verses:

Lev. 19:19
19 ‘Guard My laws. Do not let your livestock mate with another kind. Do not sow your field with mixed seed (3610). And do not put a garment woven of two sorts of thread upon you.

Deut 22:9
9 “Do not sow your vineyard with different kinds of seed ([color=#BF0000]3610
), lest the yield of the seed which you have sown and the fruit of your vineyard be defiled.[/color]

#3610 - kil'ayim two kinds, mixture forbidden practice among cattle (cross breeding), seeds (sowing)

Is the mixing of seeds the planting of say tomatoes and carrots in the same field? Possibly. Or was Yahuah seeing such a time as this and knowing that companies such as Monsanto would be taking genetic product from one seed and mixing it with genetic product from something else?

Something else to consider - The book of Jasher is referred to in Joshua and Second Samuel and it states:

Chapter IV
18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and THE SONS OF MEN IN THOSE DAYS TOOK FROM THE CATTLE OF THE EARTH, THE BEASTS OF THE FIELD AND THE FOWLS OF THE AIR, AND TAUGHT THE MIXTURE OF ANIMALS OF ONE SPECIES WITH THE OTHER, in order therewith to provoke {Yahuah}; and {Elohim} saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

Human genes in rice.
Jellyfish genes in potatoes.
Human genes in goat milk.

Spider genes were inserted into goat DNA, in hopes that the goat milk would contain spider web protein for use in bulletproof vests.
Cow genes turned pigskins into cowhides.
Jellyfish genes lit up pigs' noses in the dark.
Artic fish genes gave tomatoes and strawberries tolerance to frost.
Potatoes that glowed in the dark when they needed watering.
Human genes were inserted into corn to produce spermicide.
Corn engineered with human genes (Dow)
Sugarcane engineered with human genes (Hawaii Agriculture Research Center)
Corn engineered with jellyfish genes (Stanford University)
Tobacco engineered with lettuce genes (University of Hawaii)
Rice engineered with human genes (Applied Phytologics)
Corn engineered with hepatitis virus genes (Prodigene)

Romans 14:2-13:
2 One indeed believes to eat all food, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 He that eats, let him not despise him who does not eat, and he that does not eat, let him not judge him who eats, for Elohim received him.
4 Who are you that judges another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. But he shall be made to stand, for Elohim is able to make him stand.
5 One indeed judges one day above another, another judges every day alike. Let each one be completely persuaded in his own mind.
6 He who minds the day, minds it to Yahuah. And he who does not mind the day, to Yahuah he does not mind it. He who eats, eats to Yahuah, for he gives Elohim thanks. And he who does not eat, to Yahuah he does not eat, and gives Elohim thanks.
7 For not one of us lives to himself, and not one dies to himself.
8 For both, if we live, we live unto the Master, and if we die, we die unto the Master. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Master’s.
9 For unto this Messiah died and rose and lived again, to rule over both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you despise your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Messiah.
11 For it has been written, “As I live, says Yahuah, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to Elohim.”
12 Each one of us, therefore, shall give account of himself to Elohim.
13 Therefore let us not judge one another any longer, but rather judge this, not to put an obstacle or a stumbling-block in our brother’s way.

A part of punishment for whoring from Elohim is not dwelling in the land of Yahuah and eating unclean food.

Hoseah 9:1-4:
1 O Yisra’el, do not rejoice with exultation like the peoples, for you have whored from your Elohim. You have loved a love-fee at all threshing-floors. 2 Threshing floor and winepress shall not feed them, and new wine shall fail in her.
3 They shall not dwell in the land of Yahuah, but Ephrayim shall return to Mitsrayim, and eat unclean food in Ashshur.
4 They do not pour wine offerings to Yahuah, nor are their offerings pleasing to Him – it being like bread of mourners to them, all who eat it are defiled. For their bread is for their life, it does not come into the House of Yahuah.

What food can be brought into Yahuah’s storehouse? Surely not the food in Ashshur. How is it the bread in Ashshur cannot come into the House of Yahuah? Was Ashshur’s bread unclean? Unclean bread?

Malachi 3:10-18:
10 “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, and let there be food in My house. And please prove Me in this,” said Yahuah of hosts, “whether I do not open for you the windows of the heavens, and shall pour out for you boundless blessing!
11 “And I shall rebuke the devourer for you, so that it does not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor does the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,” said Yahuah of hosts.
12 “And all nations shall call you blessed, for you shall be a land of delight,” said Yahuah of hosts.
13 “Your words have been harsh against Me,” said Yahuah, “but you have said, ‘What have we spoken against You?’
14 “You have said, ‘It is worthless to serve Elohim. And what did we gain when we guarded His Charge, and when we walked as mourners before Yahuah of hosts?
15 ‘And now we are calling the proud blessed – not only are the doers of wrongness built up, but they also try Elohim and escape.’ ”
16 Then shall those who fear Yahuah speak to one another, and Yahuah listen and hear, and a book of remembrance be written before Him, of those who fear Yahuah, and those who think upon His Name.
17 “And they shall be Mine,” said Yahuah of hosts, “on the day that I prepare a treasured possession. And I shall spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.
18“Then you shall again see the difference between the righteous and the wrong, between one who serves Elohim and one who does not serve Him.

2 Chron. 7:14: If My people upon whom My Name is called, shall humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I shall hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin and heal their land.

May Yahuah guide us all.

Return to “In the Kitchen”