"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

LUNAR SABBATHS ARE PROPHETIC OF SEVENTH DAY SABBATHS

This part of the Calendar Forum will be devoted to study links. Please use short comments on what the study is concerning and links. This is to facilitate the ease of finding the studies.

Moderator: Watchman555

kwolfe

Postby kwolfe » 21 Jan 2008, 02:35

Genesis 1:14.
When the HOLY ONE of Israel created the lights in the firmament, the sun, moon, and stars, He specifically designated them to be for understanding the times and the seasons, days and years.

Revelation 12:1- "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:"

The pure woman (Messiah's people) in Revelation is seen to be clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet. This would mean that she understands the relationship between the sun and the moon in the timing of the Messiah's plan of salvation. This understanding gives her the brilliance of the Sabbaths regulated by the sun and shows that she has conquered the mystery of the moon Sabbaths. The moon only reflects the light from the sun. It has no light of its own. Just so the lunar Sabbaths only reflect the light from the Sabbaths regulated by the sun, they have no light of their own.

All evidence presented in this study will be taken from the original King James Version of the Bible, 1611 edition.
Because of the deliberate adulterations of later versions of the Bible, it is imperative that one uses the King James Version.

In the English translation of the Bible, there is no differentiation made between the different "Sabbaths", the one being the last day of the creation week on which God rested, (Genesis 2:2), and those given to Moses to be calculated and observed from the new moon. (Leviticus 23:11,15,24,27,32,35,39) The King James' Version lists them all as "Sabbaths", in the original 1611 edition. (Subsequent printings, however, of the KJV Bible diminish the glory of the Sabbath by not using a capital "S", writing the word as, "sabbath".) The Sabbath day on which God rested at creation has an uninterrupted seven day sequence, irregardless of the phases of the moon. Those "Sabbath" days given to Moses to govern the timing of the annual feasts were all calculated directly from the new moon. Today, these are often referred to as, "lunar Sabbaths".

Leviticus 23:11-39- "And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it....And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the seventh Sabbath shall ye number fifty days; .... Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a Sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation....Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD....It shall be unto you a Sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your Sabbath....Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD....Beside the Sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD. Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a Sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a Sabbath."

The Bible specifies twelve annual lunar Sabbaths in the sacred year, eight designated in the fifty-two days of the spring feasts ending with the feast of Pentecost; (Leviticus 23:11-16) and four Sabbaths within the twenty-two days of the fall feasts, from the Feast of Trumpets to the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles (Leviticus 23:24-39). Eleven of these Sabbaths are calculated in seven-day sequences, only from the new moon of the first month and from the new moon of the seventh month. The Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur, is the one lunar Sabbath that is not thus calculated, because it is the tenth day of the seventh month (Leviticus 23:27). (The purpose of this will be discussed later.)

Even though eight of these lunar Sabbaths continue into the second and third months, they are all calculated only from the new moon of the first month in perfect seven-day sequence (Leviticus 23:15,16). As specified by Moses, there are only fifty-two days allotted from the fourteenth day of the first month to the "morrow" after the seventh Sabbath, which is the Day of Pentecost (Leviticus 23:16). The Wave Sheaf offering is always made on the third day from Passover (Leviticus 23:11); Passover, being on the evening of the fourteenth day (Leviticus 23:5), the Wave Sheaf always on the sixteenth day, which is the "morrow" after the first Sabbath of the eight (Sabbaths) counting to Pentecost (Leviticus 23:11).

If the lunar Sabbaths of the second and third months were calculated from the new moon of these same months, they would not be in harmony with the fifty-two days specified by Moses for the calculation of the feasts from Passover to Penecost. Therefore,
they are in perfect seven-day sequence only from the new moon of the first month and not from the new moon of the second or third months.

When the Messiah fulfilled the fifty-two days of the spring feasts in C.E. 31, these eight lunar Sabbaths all occurred on the seventh-day Sabbath, just as they were designed to when He delivered the pattern (feasts) to Moses for all Israel. This is irrefutable evidence that the lunar Sabbaths were, indeed, a prophecy of the seventh-day Sabbaths, by the manner in which they coincided in the year of fulfillment, C.E. 31. John 19:31-"The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, (for that Sabbath day was an high day,)"

The Messiah interpreted the entire old tabernacle system, together with the exact timing of each observance, by the fulfillment of the feasts that prophesied His first coming. Only He could give the true light on the lunar sabbaths.

The prophetic fall feast days which relate to the second advent of Messiah will also be perfectly fulfilled, as were the spring feasts at His first coming. Unlike the spring feasts, four of the fall feast days are prophesied to all fall on seventh-day Sabbaths, and are filled with extra special significance in the Sabbath years (Sabbatical years) . This indicates a Sabbatical year as the year of fulfillment.

Deuteronomy 31:10-16-" And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles, When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing. Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:"

The Day of Atonement also had special significance in these Sabbatical years as they were the year of release for a certain class of Hebrew slaves on this day.

Deuteronomy 15:1,12-"At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. And this is the manner of the release....And if thy brother, an Hebrew man, or an Hebrew woman, be sold unto thee, and serve thee six years; then in the seventh year thou shalt let him go free from thee."

But its greatest significance comes in the year following a Sabbatical year, the seventh Sabbatical year, in the great year of Jubile.

Levitucus 25:9,10-"Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubile to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land. And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family."

In this jubile year the Day of Atonement must fall on the seventh-day Sabbath, although none of the other fall feasts do in this year.

Whenever the Feast of Trumpets occurs on a seventh-day Sabbath, the first day and the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles do also; and the Day of Atonement always, without exception, falls on a seventh-day Sabbath the very next year, just as given to Moses and recorded in Leviticus. In this way all four of the lunar Sabbaths in the fall feasts occur on seventh-day Sabbaths in the two last years in the cycle of years, the seventh Sabbatical year and the Jubile year.

The Jubile year represented two great events in the plan of salvation. Isaiah, the prophet, prophesied of the fulfillments of these two events in Isaiah 61:1-3. The cross referencing from these texts refers back to Leviticus 25 to the Jubile prophecy itself. The first fulfillment of the Jubile, " the acceptable year of the Lord", was announced by the Messiah, Himself, in the synagogue on the Sabbath which was the Day of Atonement that Jubile year. This Jubile began Messiah's three and a half year public ministry in C.E. 27. (Luke 4:16-21) While reading Isaiah's prophecy of the Jubile, Messiah stopped in the middle of the sentence and closed the book, handed it back to the minister. Then He proclaimed, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." He did not read the rest of the sentence, "and the day of vengeance of our God;" because it did not apply to this fulfillment of the Jubile. It applies to the last fulfillment of the Jubile, which ushers in the seventh millennium, the thousand year rest for the earth, immediately preceding His second coming.

No human mind, only that of the Infinite, could conceive or fashion such a glorious plan for the salvation of man!

JMSchattke

Postby JMSchattke » 21 Jan 2008, 02:58

when you have nothing new, rinse, recycle, repeat.

<sigh>
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 21 Jan 2008, 06:25

Greetings Kwolfe,

Much in your post was new to me, and things i didn't understand. And BTW, was it REALLY necessary to shout all the way through it?

What little bit i think i got was that you advocate the cyclic 7-day week & Sabbath, PLUS another set of "Lunar Sabbaths", which includes the count to Pentecost? It all got really confusing. Like, during the 7 weeks to PC, there could actually be TWO Sabbaths in each week?
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

kwolfe

Postby kwolfe » 22 Jan 2008, 04:22

Greetings to you, too, Chuck;

I realize much of this is new to Gentile believers and also to alot of us who have a Jewish background, as well. We are not part of any Christian religious corporation. I think. we as believers in Messiah, need to be willing to weigh the evidence from the Scriptures no matter where and by whom it is brought to our attention.

Yes, I do believe in the cyclic 7-day week and the 7th day Sabbath. As I mentioned in my post the "lunar Sabbaths" are a prophecy of the 7th day Sabbaths, yet the "lunar Sabbaths" do not coincide with the 7th day Sabbaths every year. But it is surprizing how often they actually do coincide.

If you study it carefully, it won't seem so confusing. Yes, during those 7 weeks to Pentecost, there could be 1 "lunar Sabbath" and 1 seventh-day Sabbath each week some years. The "lunar Sabbath" was used to calculate the day of Pentecost and, of course, the 7th day Sabbath was observed with its regulations.

If one understands that the entire old tabernacle system with all the specifications right down to the Jubile year had only one purpose; that was to teach God's plan of salvation. It was all a prophecy. A schoolmaster that teaches us the events in the plan of salvation and the timing of these events. If we lose the importance of the connection between the prophecy and the fulfillment, we lose the key to understanding the whole old tabernacle system. The Key is the weekly seventh-day Sabbath. And the "lunar Sabbaths" only reflect the light of the seventh-day Sabbath.

Shalom and Blessings,
kwolfe@starband.net

P.S. Sorry, about the bold type. I just found it easier to read and I thought others might also.

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 22 Jan 2008, 07:07

kwolfe wrote:Greetings to you, too, Chuck;

I realize much of this is new to Gentile believers and also to alot of us who have a Jewish background, as well.
And what about us non-gentile non-Jewish Israelite believers? (That's kind of a rhetorical question.:))
If you study it carefully, it won't seem so confusing. Yes, during those 7 weeks to Pentecost, there could be 1 "lunar Sabbath" and 1 seventh-day Sabbath each week some years. The "lunar Sabbath" was used to calculate the day of Pentecost and, of course, the 7th day Sabbath was observed with its regulations.
Well, at least i understood 1 point; the rest is way deep. Thank you for explaining.
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 23 Jan 2008, 06:04

Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines found in scripture and one of the hardest to get people to take an honest look at.

Lunar Sabbaths not only can be conclusively proven from Scripture but Mathematically, Historically, Scientifically, and from Nature itself,

The evidence provided here will prove that the true weekly seventh day Sabbath of the scriptures is always observed on the same days of the Moon each month, and that is on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th. The author offers a $10,000 reward to anyone who can pinpoint a weekly Sabbath on any other day than by the moon.

We have pinpointed ( in scrupture) seventy two (72) weekly Sabbath days, observed by the holy men of old, and every one of them is on either the 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th day of the Moon, without exception. The reason for this is that they never counted the New Moon worship day when counting out the six workdays.

In examining the evidence set forth in this work, you will see the true Sabbath comes after the six workdays of the week, and the New Moon worship day is not one of the six ordinary work days, no more than the Sabbath day is. . A new week always began after the New moon worship day or the wekly Sabbath worship day, they are both worship days, and not one of the six work days.

Ezech 46:1 says, "Thus saith the YHWH; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be "shut" the "six working day;" but on the "sabbath" it shall be opened, "and" in the day of the "new moon" it shall be opened.

YHWH describes 3 catagory of days, BOTH New moon and Sabbaths are differant than ordinary work days, they are BOTH worship days and the 1st day of the week begins after the New moon or Sabbath worship day.

Isa. - 66:23 From one New moon to another and from one Sabbath to another shall all flesh come and worship before me saith YHWH.

This and the following explains why the Sabbath days in the scriptures are always on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of the month,without exception. It is exciting to read the examples set forth in this work based on the oldest history book in the world, and the only inspired one.

It might pay everyone to find out what a scriptual 7th day is, even though you might think you know. Go to http://lunarsabbath.info/_wsn/page20.html

Click Here For The Truth and to download the free Lunar Sabbath Book

FOR Sister site Click Here For Other Articles

Or http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/hypnautechs/

RADIO Time WWCR 5.070 Saturday @ 7:30 pm on Short Wave and changes to 12.160 in late spring.
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

JMSchattke

Postby JMSchattke » 23 Jan 2008, 16:22

hey, look... he recycled an old post!

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 23 Jan 2008, 21:03

JMSchattke wrote:hey, look... he recycled an old post!
Yeah, that's one of his MO's -- over & over & over. That's why i'm so weary (and sometimes short-tempered) after 3 years of the same.
Chuck Baldwin

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 23 Jan 2008, 21:36

chuckbaldwin wrote:
JMSchattke wrote:hey, look... he recycled an old post!
Yeah, that's one of his MO's -- over & over & over. That's why i'm so weary (and sometimes short-tempered) after 3 years of the same.

Think of how frustrating it is on our end... When you keep trying to tell someone the truth "over and over" and they won't listen. I bet your mothers had the same problem with you... :mrgreen:

I will be glad when you guys "get it" so Arnold doesn't have to keep "reposting" the same information "over and over and over".
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

kwolfe

Postby kwolfe » 24 Jan 2008, 04:37

BrotherArnold,
I'm wondering how do you understand the Day of Atonement, "It shall be a Sabbath unto you." It is on the tenth day of the 7th month. Your listing of lunar Sabbaths shows the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and the 29th.

The first day of the seventh month is a lunar Sabbath, and the 15th and the 22nd of this same month. The Day of Atonement is the 10th day of the same month. These all are mentioned as lunar Sabbaths. In the original text the word used for the "Sabbath" for the Day of Atonement is the same word used for the seventh-day Sabbath. How can you explain this?

I do not find evidence that the 8th day and the 29th day of the seventh month are ever listed in the inspired Word as "Sabbaths".

Concerning the first month, the 15th day is the first lunar Sabbath in the first month (Lev. 23:11). The 22nd is listed as a lunar Sabbath within the 50 day count of 7 Sabbaths to Pentecost; Pentecost being on the morrow after the 7th Sabbath, which would make NONE of these lunar Sabbaths harmonize or fall in sequence with the new moon of the 2nd or the 3rd month, as you say that they would, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Just count them, yourself. You have exactly 50 days including the day of the Wave Sheaf Offering and including the Day of Pentecost. All these 7 Sabbaths that are listed within the 50 days are required to be calculated from the day of the Wave Sheaf Offering, which in turn is calculated from the new moon of the first month.

I would await your comments,
Blessings,
kwolfe@starband.net

JMSchattke

Postby JMSchattke » 24 Jan 2008, 16:54

eriqbenel wrote:Think of how frustrating it is on our end... When you keep trying to tell someone the truth "over and over" and they won't listen. I bet your mothers had the same problem with you... :mrgreen:

silly. Reposting means you have nothing new to say, that is, you lost the debate entirely.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 24 Jan 2008, 22:13

silly. Reposting means you have nothing new to say, that is, you lost the debate entirely.

Dude. This has been a debate for more than four years! You think you can jump in and win in a few posts? Get real!

Your arguments are the same old arguments which require the same old responses.
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

kwolfe

Postby kwolfe » 25 Jan 2008, 03:38

Greetings Chuck,

You asked, "Where does this leave non-Gentile, non Jewish Israelite believers?" As Paul says his prayer for Israel is, that they might be saved. He also says, in Messiah there is no difference between Jew or Greek, etc. Yet, he still asks, "What advantage than hath the Jew," And he answers, "Much in every way, but, chiefly, because unto them were committed the oracles of God." "Oracles" in the dictionary is defined, "prophecies".

The Jews, then, were to be the keeper's of these divine predictions. The meaning had been all but lost and the Jews grew weary of the multitude of rituals. The true Interpreter must come and fill full of meaning the ritual service by His fullfillment-- as Passover Lamb, Wave Sheaf, Pentecost, etc.

The timing of these events had to be exactly and precisely as had been delivered unto Moses. Wherever it says,"It shall be a Sabbath unto you", it means just that. It means when it really happened in the fulfillment, it would be on "Sabbath". Wherever it says, "It would be on the morrow after the Sabbath, it would be on the day after the "Sabbath". Really very simple and easy to understand. Just allow yourself to think outside of tradition.

The very conservative Jewish understanding has always been that when a "lunar Sabbath" falls on the seventh-day Sabbaths, then that Sabbath is termed a "high day". This point is something that non Jewish believers might not readily understand.

Shalom and Blessings,
kwolfe@starband.net

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 25 Jan 2008, 05:15

Kwolfe,

I'm still confused about your belief. Can you briefly and clearly answer the following, per your understanding:

What are lunar Sabbaths, and how are they reckoned?
Are they ONLY the Annual Sabbaths of Lev.23?
Are they the 7th, 14th, 21st, & 28th of each lunar month? or
Are they the 8th, 15th, 22nd, & 29th of each lunar month?

How is the 7th-day Sabbath reckoned?
If it's the same as the currently understood Sabbath, how can we be sure it has been preserved?
Chuck Baldwin

kwolfe

Postby kwolfe » 26 Jan 2008, 04:45

Chuck,

I really appreciate your questions. If my explanations are not clear, please ask again.

1. The words "lunar Sabbaths" are not found in the Bible. We often term these special Sabbaths as "lunar Sabbaths" simply because they were calculated from the New Moon of the first and the seventh month, exclusively. In Leviticus, these special days were just named as "Sabbath" in the King James' Version of the Bible. In Hebrew, however, there is a differentiation made between the 7th day of the week (Sabbath), commonly known as Saturday; and the special Sabbaths within the feast days which Israel was to observe as a "rehearsal" of a 7th day "Sabbath".

In fact, we might understand the whole old tabernacle system better, if we understood all the feast days as "rehearsals" of events in the plan of salvation at the exact time of the week and at the exact time of the year, and the exact time within the 50 year cycle, when the real event, which it foreshadowed, would occur. These "rehearsals" all occurred within the 7 lunar months of the Sacred Year which began in spring.. (The Civil Year had 12 or 13 months and began in the fall)

Leviticus 23 lists the names of the different feast days and specifies how to count from the New Moon of the first month and the seventh month to reach to the correct day of the month for the observance of the different feast days. Some of the feast days are "Sabbaths" and some are NOT
But all are calculated from the New Moon of the first and seventh lunar months only.

2. Your question- "Are they ONLY the Annual Sabbaths of Lev.23?
The answer is, yes, if you are referring to only the 12 days which are specifically mentioned as "Sabbaths". But if you are referring to Passover, Wave Sheaf and Pentecost, the answer would be, no. These feast days are specified to occur a day before a "lunar Sabbath", such as Passover; or a day after a "lunar Sabbath", such as, Wave Sheaf and Pentecost. One might call Wave Sheaf and Pentecost, annual Sundays, as they are specified to come on the morrow after a "lunar Sabbath".

3. The "lunar Sabbaths" do not occur every lunar month. They occur in the 1st month, 2nd month, the 3rd month and the 7th month only. But they are all calculated from the 1st day of the 1st month and the 1st day of the 7th month only. There are only 12 lunar Sabbath. They are all mentioned in Leviticus 23. 11 of these actually occur in 7 day cycles from the New Moon of the 1st lunar month and from the New Moon of the 7th lunar month only. The "lunar Sabbaths" never come on the-- "Are they the 7th, 14th, 21st, & 28th of each lunar month?"

4. "or Are they the 8th, 15th, 22nd, & 29th of each lunar month?" I would also, have to say "no" to this question. I am repeating myself, but the "lunar Sabbaths" do not occur every lunar month. In the 1st month of the year, the 15th day of the month is referred to as a "Sabbath"(a "lunar Sabbath"), from there, Israel was to count off 7 additional Sabbaths (of course in 7 day sequences) That would make the 22nd and the 29th day (of this same 1st month) "lunar Sabbaths". This 7 day sequence count was to continue onward from the 29th day until 5 more "lunar Sabbaths" were counted--a total of 7 "lunar Sabbaths" --a total of 50 days---- "from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; 7 Sabbaths shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the 7th Sabbath, shall ye number 50 days." Leviticus 23:15, 16. This shows that the count continued on through the 2nd and 3rd lunar months, but the "lunar Sabbaths" were not reckoned from the New Moon (or 1st day) of the 2nd or 3rd lunar months..

In the 7th lunar month, there are 4 "lunar Sabbaths" specified. The New Moon- 1st day of the 7 lunar month was a "lunar Sabbath", and also the 15th day and the 22nd day. The 8th or the 29th
are not mentioned. 3 of these "lunar Sabbaths" follow the same 7-day sequence as we see in the "lunar Sabbaths" of the 1st lunar month.

The 1 "lunar Sabbath" out of sequence with the other 11, is the Day of Atonement, on the 10th day of the 7th lunar month. The reason for this would take too long to explain in this post.

The reckoning of the 7th day Sabbath is as Genesis states, the evening and the morning. Therefore, the Sabbath begins Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. The Messiah kept the same Sabbath as we keep today. It has never been lost. In the calendar changes that have occurred, they only changed the dates of the month, the days of the week have not been changed.

I hope I haven't confused you more by my explanation. I tried to keep it as brief as I could.

Blessings,
kwolfe@starband.net

Return to “Calendar Studies”