"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Full moon on our feast day

This part of the Calendar Forum will be devoted to study links. Please use short comments on what the study is concerning and links. This is to facilitate the ease of finding the studies.

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Full moon on our feast day

Postby Watchman555 » 15 Mar 2014, 14:34

The full moon IS a sign -

Psa 81:3 Blow the ram’s horn at the time of the New Moon, At the FULL MOON, ON OUR FESTIVAL (H2282) DAY.

H2282

chag châg
khag,khawg

A festival, or a victim therefor: - (solemn) feast (day), sacrifice, solemnity.

Exo 12:6 ‘And you shall keep it until the FOURTEENTH DAY of the same month.Then all the assembly of the congregation of Yisra’ĕl shall kill it between the evenings.
Exo 12:7 ‘And they shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses where they eat it.
Exo 12:8 ‘And they shall eat the flesh on that night, roasted in fire – with unleavened bread and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
Exo 12:9 ‘Do not eat it raw, nor boiled at all with water, but roasted in fire, its head with its legs and its inward parts.
Exo 12:10 ‘And do not leave of it until morning, and what remains of it until morning you are to burn with fire.
Exo 12:11 ‘And this is how you eat it: your loins girded, your sandals on your feet,and your staff in your hand. And you shall eat it in haste. It is the Passover of Yahuah.
Exo 12:12 ‘And I shall pass through the land of Mitsrayim on that night, and shall smite all the first-born in the land of Mitsrayim, both man and beast. And on all the mighty ones of Mitsrayim I shall execute judgment. I am Yahuah.
Exo 12:13 ‘And the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I shall pass over you, and let the plague not come on you to destroy you when I smite the land of Mitsrayim.
Exo 12:14 ‘AND THIS DAY SHALL BECOME TO YOU A REMEMBRANCE. AND YOU SHALL OBSERVE IT AS A FESTIVAL to Yahuah throughout your generations – OBSERVE IT AS A FESTIVAL, an everlasting law.

The 14th is a chag

Lev 23:6 ‘And on the FIFTEENTH DAY of this month is the FESTIVAL of Unleavened Bread to Yahuah

Exo 12:17 ‘And you shall guard the Festival of Unleavened Bread, for ON THIS SAME DAY I BROUGHT YOUR DIVISIONS OUT OF THE LAND OF MITSRAYIM. And you shall guard this day throughout your generations, an everlasting law.

The 15this a chag

Lev 23:34 “Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘On THE FIFTEENTH DAY of this seventh month is the FESTIVAL of Booths for seven days to Yahuah.

The 15th is a chag

Psa 81:3 Blow the ram’s horn at the time of the New Moon, At the FULL MOON,ON OUR FESTIVAL DAY.

Book of Hanok 77

5 When the moon rises, it appears in heaven; and the half of a seventh portion of light is all which is in it.
6 IN FOURTEEN DAYS THE WHOLE OF ITS LIGHT IS COMPLETED.
7 Bythree quintuples light is put into it, until in FIFTEEN DAYS ITS LIGHT IS COMPLETED, according to the signs of the year; it has three quintuples.

12 Uriel likewise showed me another regulation, when light is poured into the moon, how it is poured into it from the sun.
13 All the time that the moon is in progress with its light, it is poured into it in the presence of the sun, until its light is in FOURTEEN DAYS COMPLETED in heaven.
14 And when it is wholly extinguished, its light is consumed in heaven; and on the first day it is called the new moon,for on that day light is received into it.
15 IT BECOMES PRECISELY COMPLETED ON THE DAY THAT THE SUN DESCENDS INTO THE WEST, WHILE THE MOON ASCENDS AT NIGHT FROM THE EAST.
16 The moon then shines all the night, until the sunrises before it; when the moon disappears in turn before the sun.
17 Where light comes to the moon, there again it decreases, until all its light is extinguished, and the days of the moon pass away.
18Then its orb remains solitary without light.

Psa81:3 Blow the ram’s horn at the time of the New Moon, At the FULL MOON, ON OUR FESTIVAL DAY.

Philo the historian who lived between 20 BC and 50 AD stated:

ON MATING WITH THE PRELIMINARY STUDIES, X1X (102) it says,

"For it is said in the Scripture: On the tenth day of this month let each of them take a sheep according to his house; in order that from the tenth, there may be consecrated to the tenth, that is to God, the sacrifices which have been preserved in the soul, which is illuminated in two portions out of the three, until it is entirely changed in every part, and becomes a heavenly brilliancy LIKE A FULLMOON, AT THE HEIGHT OF ITS INCREASE AT THE END OF THE SECOND“WEEK”…

(side note – the above quote debunks full moon as new moon)

Special Laws . (178), Philo writes...

“...there is one principle of reason by which the moon waxes and wanes in equal intervals, both as it increases and diminishes in illumination; the seven lambs because it receives the perfect shapes in periods of seven days —THE HALF-MOON IN THE FIRST SEVEN DAY PERIOD AFTER ITS CONJUNCTION WITH THE SUN, FULL MOON IN THE SECOND; AND WHEN IT MAKES ITS RETURN AGAIN, THE FIRST IS TO HALF -MOON, THEN IT CEASES AT ITS CONJUNCTION WITH THE SUN.”

Allegorical Interpretation, 1 IV (8), it says...

“Again,the periodical changes of the moon, take place according to the number seven, that star having the greatest sympathy with the things on earth. AND THE CHANGES WHICH THE MOON WORKS IN THE AIR, IT PERFECTS CHIEFLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS OWN CONFIGURATIONS ON EACH SEVENTH DAY. At all events, all mortal things, as I have said before, drawing their more divine nature from the heaven, are moved in a manner which tends to their preservation in accordance with this number seven. ... Accordingly, on the seventh day, Elohim caused to rest from all his works which he had made.”

Psa81:3 Blow the ram’s horn at the time of the New Moon, At the FULL MOON,ON OUR FESTIVAL DAY.

Return to “Calendar Studies”