"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Lunar Sabbath, Pentecst in 4th Month, Day Issue, etc.

This part of the Calendar Forum will be devoted to study links. Please use short comments on what the study is concerning and links. This is to facilitate the ease of finding the studies.

Moderator: Watchman555

BrotherArnold

Lunar Sabbath, Pentecst in 4th Month, Day Issue, etc.

Postby BrotherArnold » 03 Feb 2008, 20:33

Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

YHWHsavesdotcom

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 04 Feb 2008, 17:08

BrotherArnold, I believe a proper response to your question can be found in the combination of 2 posts ive made on closely related issues. I will copy and paste them here for your review.

We know that YHWH's calendar is determined by the moon phases. There are 354 days in a 12 moonth (year) cycle. There are 365.25 days in a solar year cycle. What we see then is that the Lunar Year would eventually fall behind that of the Solar year, by approx. 11 days each year, so that one would be attempting to celebrate Passover, for instance, in mid winter.

We know that an additional lunar month had to be inserted every so often in order to keep that from happening and this is justified by the command to keep the festivals 'in their seasons' or Moedim (Lev 23:4). For the evidence that an 'intercalary year' (the addition of a lunar month to reconcile the lunar year calendar with the growing season (solar year), please see my short study here: http://www.yhwhsaves.com/intercalary

So what we find is that if we wait too many years before inserting this lunar month, we would actually be celebrating the Feast of First Fruit (Passover) BEFORE the first harvest. But there is a command that makes that impossible eh? The command to keep the feast in its proper season...which is AFTER the first harvest. We are told that this 'moonth' is called 'abib' or 'green ears' because it is the first harvest month of the year. Exactly what is meant by 'green ears' seems to be a point of contention among various proponents. And certainly the green ears must be not only 'found' but must also be far enough into the growing season so that it can be harvested BEFORE the festival itself (as the High priest, ante-typical of Messaih, must waive the first shucks before the Temple altar (ante-typical of his resurrection). So this obvious command is really not where we should focus since everyone agrees that this is correct.

There are, among those who use a 'lunar calendar', a variety of methods used that often are not in line with all the commands YHWH gives that have a direct bearing on the EXACT time or year that this intercalary month should be inserted. They are overlooked because they seem to have nothing to do with the BEGINNING of the year but in fact, if the beginning is not properly ascertained, these commands are broken...at least one time in a three year cycle. But once is enough eh

Celebrate the Feast of Harvest with the firstfruits of the crops you sow in your field. Celebrate the Feast of Ingathering at the end of the year, when you have gathered in your crops from the field. Ex. 23:16

Celebrate the Feast of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the turn of the year. Ex. 34:22

If in fact the first chodesh cycle beginning the year is prolonged and does not come in Spring proper, that is 'after the equinox' (though not called 'equinox', was understood as the 'turn' of the year in Hebrew...and known by man even before farming began), then at least one out of every three years, the FALL festival (Succot) will be celebrated BEFORE the 'turn of the year' in the fall...WHILE THE BULK OF THE HARVEST IS STILL IN THE FIELD (sometimes before harvest even begins)!!

So, if we wait just one too many years before inserting the 'intercalary moonth,' we can perhaps be congruent with the law regarding the Abib...yet still be breaking the laws regarding the END HARVEST...which is ante-typical of THE DAY we all await

If you wait too long you may miss the boat

ObedYah

Brother Arnold, I am familiar with the Disciples recieving the ruach (which is the necessary component enabling the keeping of the higher law through faith) on the 'pentecost'. I argue that the greek interpretation of this may actually lead us astray a bit. We must look at the original Hebrew commands and understanding on this issue. By so doing we are left with many questions which I cannot pretend to answer. But it seems to me that the larger pictures given in ex. 19 should certainly not be overlooked or disregarded by replacement with our 'greek understanding'.

In other words, I'm pointing at the patterns and their consistency in order to determine what YHWH is trying to convey to us; not just in this feast but in all of them. Therefore yes, they came to moon mountain and entered into verbal covenant with YHWH (before the law was enumerated) on the 15th, the actual count for shavuot takes one to the 16th day (which no one seems to know or celebrate), and then the law was enumerated and the covenant ratified on the 17th. And mind you that Moses had not yet recieved the written instructions and then the subsequent worship of the calf below by the whorish nation. It must also be noted that the nation was required to 'consecrate themselves' for ALL THREE of those days, not just one. I believe these are important details often overlooked. For this reason alone I argue that this is (at the very least) a THREE DAY festival. I don't think it should be understated that they were commanded to consecrate themselves for ALL THREE of these days. Certainly each has it's own mini detail associated with it. But to focus on one day over another rather than all of them as a cohesive whole (even as ALL the festivals themselves seem to be pointing to the same, 'bigger picture') is perhaps the reason for the MANY ERRORS surrounding the issue. By focusing on one as to be understood APART from the others, will actually lead one to an ERRONEOUS understanding. So for myself, to keep this festival, with the practical Beginning on the 15th, understanding (and meditating on) what happened on the two subsequent days, from the perspective of the Law AND the Spirit in all accounts, and then ending that fiftieth WEEK (or SEVEN/COMPLETENESS) of the feast of WEEKS (SEVENS/COMPLETENESS) with the 22nd day Sabbath, even as both the other feasts are, I believe YHWH will eventually bring me to an even greater understanding than I have now, in 'TIME.'

It seems to me that this area of study is one of those where only 'kings' will bother to look into, as YHWH seems to have 'covered over the matter' fairly well. In regard to keeping this feast in the fourth month as you suggest. Allow me to point out that I posted somewhere in these forums as regarding when the year begins, the reckoning of the first month. I demonstrated that most begin the year too early and not only is Shavuot celebrated early, but there is an actual command regarding the keeping of Succot AFTER the fall harvest and this is disobeyed by most today as they celebrate it (at least one time out of three) while the harvest is either NOT substantially complete or sometimes before even begun!

Furthermore, it seems clear that the ancients understood (though this simple knowlege is lost to our generation of enlightened fools living under satanic deception) that the first chodesh after the turn of the year, which happens on March 21/22 of the Edomite Calendar (EC), was the beginning of the year. The religion of 'sun worshippers' (sol invicutus), changed the calendar so that it was no longer dependent upon the moon but rather the sun. This is why they originally called this month (in their error and deception) the 'FIRST MONTH' originally. Why? Because it was understood that the 'new year' begins AFTER the 'turn of the year' or as we call it today, the 'equinox'.

How do we know this? because long before the beginning of the year was changed to January, and even before they have the final name forms they have come to be known by, they were originally numbered with march being number ONE; as it was the month in which the 'turn of the year' occurred. This can be clearly seen in the fact that some of the months are still called by their original, Latin names: September (seven), October (eight), November (nine) and December (ten). These retain their original numbers according to the way the Sun Worshippers called them; before July (Julius) and Augustus (August) and any other vain name changes occured.

Hope this helps

Return to “Calendar Studies”