"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Lunar Sabbath

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 11 Jan 2008, 06:48

Watchman/Greg

If your post above is trying to object to a 1st-year Jubilee interfering with the sowing & reaping, i simply see it as an exception, just like annual holydays (esp. the Day of Atonement & Pentecost) are exceptions to the "6 days shall you labor...".

It's not a problem for me, although it does appear to be a good argument, depending on how you look at it.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 11 Jan 2008, 19:41

Brother Chuck says, "Pentecost is the "50th day", but is also the 1st day of a new week."

People can say that the 7th day of the week is also the 1st day of the week, but this also defies mathematical certainties.
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 12 Jan 2008, 04:16

Well, Arnold, i guess we had a gross misunderstanding.

In that case, your comments about the 49th & 50th year occupying the same space, had no bearing on the discussion, and only served to confuse the discussion.

In your last post, you said:
People can say that the 7th day of the week is also the 1st day of the week, but this also defies mathematical certainties.
I reply: WHO SAYS THAT? NOBODY!
I would say that the "8th" day would be the same as the "1st" day (of a new week). And that is comparable to saying the "50th" year would be the same as the "1st" year (of a new Jubilee cycle).

I apologize for thinking that you were twisting my words.
Instead, it seems like your own words are twisting the whole subject, in order to draw attention away from what I was saying. Or maybe you just don't understand what i'm saying. If so, i give up.
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 12 Jan 2008, 10:05

Brother Chuck says, "Pentecost is the "50th day, but is also the 1st day of a new week.

THEN I SAID, First of all true Pentecost is not the first day of the week but even If it was it would NOT be the same thing because it is impossible for the 49th year and the 50th year to occupy the SAME SPACE at the SAME TIME I.e. the 50th year cannot be both the 49th year and the 50th year.
... How much sadder can it be?

Chuck;s reply: It can be much sadder if someone doesn't read what they're responding to, like above.

Arnold, where did you ever get the idea of me saying the 49th year occupied the same space as the 50th year??? I never said that!

Arnold's RESPONSE; where did you ever get the idea THAT I SAID THAT YOU SAID the 49th year occupied the same space as the 50th year??? I never said that you said that!

I correctly said "Brother Chuck says, "Pentecost is the "50th day, but is also the 1st day of a new week.

I never said you said what you said I said. Or I Never said what you accused me of, if so copy and paste it for all to see.

Again, this is what you said, "Pentecost is the "50th day, but is also the 1st day of a new week. That is what I said you said.

YOU WROTE,

"In fact you correctly quoted me immediately before you twisted my words around to say something else. Regarding Jubilees, i said that "the 50th year is also the 1st year (not the 49th year) of the new cycle. But i guess some people twist other people's words when they're trying to "protect their doctrine".

MY RESPONSE; I agree that some people twist other people's words when they're trying to "protect their doctrine" but from the above evidence it is YOU that is doing what you are accusing me of.

You also said, "Regarding Jubilees, i said that "the 50th year is also the 1st year (not the 49th year) of the new cycle.

MY RESPONSE; Are you saying that IT's NOT THE 49TH AND 50TH BUT the 1st year and the 50th year that occupied the same space AT THE SAME TIME???

Just as I (NOT YOU) said the 49th and the 50th year cannot occupy the same space at the same time I ALSO say the 50th year and the 1st year cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

Brother Arnold

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 12 Jan 2008, 11:55

Shalom All,

Not only are we to believe that TWO 50 year Jubilees consist of 99 years instead of 100, but we are to believe that the FIRST Seven-year to Jubilees consist of only FIVE YEARS of planting and reaping instead of the required SIX YEARS of planting and reaping according to Scripture because the first and seventh year are land rests according to Brother Chuck, this is not possible. Not only does the perverted interpretation only have FIVE years of planting and reaping, but it has TWO LAND RESTS in the first seven years instead of the required ONE because the first and seventh year are land rests according to those who believes what Brother Chuck is suggesting. We have discussed this before and much more but it didn’t matter to Brother Chuck then and I doubt it will mean anything to him now, same as scholars know that His Name is YHWH but they insist in using the erroneous traditional name. But it matters to me that the Scripture says there are is six years of planting and reaping during ALL of the seven times seven years before the 50th year of Jubilees.

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 12 Jan 2008, 13:40

Shalom All~

Lev. 25:22:
22 "And you shall sow in the eighth year, and eat of the old crop until the ninth year. Eat of the old until its crop comes in.

This verse here is telling me that the count to jubilee is a continuous count. In other words, instead of numbering 1-7 seven times it is numbered 1-50. I say that because it goes on from the 7th year to the 8th year to the 9th year, now within this count of 50 years, there is also a shabuah count -

Lev. 25:8:
8 "And you shall count seven Sabbaths of years for yourself, seven times seven years . And the time of the seven Sabbaths of years shall be to you forty-nine years.

This verse clearly shows us we are to count 7 Sabbaths of years. This verse even shows us the mathematical equation, and that is:

7 x 7 years = 49

7 x 7 = 49 years + the 50th year (Jubilee) 7 x 7 = 49 years + the 50th year (Jubilee) continuous

If the 50th year is also the first year as Chuck is saying, the calculation for the 50th year would look like this from it's going forth:

7 x 7 years = 49 years + the 50th year (Jubilee) after this first set of 50 years, if the 50th year is also the first year and the Jubilee says no sowing or reaping the count would continue like this:

1) 5 years of sowing and reaping + 1 year of rest = 6 years
2) 7 x 6 years = 42 years
3) 42 years + 6 years = 48 years

#1 seems to violate:

Lev 25:3:
"Six years you sow your field, and six years you prune your vineyard, and gather in its fruit

also verse 8, see above.

~Greg

Luneee

Postby Luneee » 12 Jan 2008, 14:49

Deleted
Last edited by Luneee on 23 Jan 2008, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 13 Jan 2008, 05:17

I am curious as to how you stand on the issue.

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 13 Jan 2008, 05:54

BrotherArnold wrote:But it matters to me that the Scripture says there are is six years of planting and reaping during ALL of the seven times seven years before the 50th year of Jubilees.
Arnold, where does it say that, and i mean an EXACT QUOTE?
Chuck Baldwin

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 13 Jan 2008, 05:59

Watchman,

In reply to your most recent post, please see my post at the top of this page.
Chuck Baldwin

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 13 Jan 2008, 12:58

chuckbaldwin wrote:
BrotherArnold wrote:But it matters to me that the Scripture says there are is six years of planting and reaping during ALL of the seven times seven years before the 50th year of Jubilees.

RESPONSE; you just quoted it.

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 14 Jan 2008, 03:35

BrotherArnold wrote:
chuckbaldwin wrote:
RESPONSE; you just quoted it.
Arnold, since you failed to produce the quote i asked for, and claimed that i quoted it, when i did nothing of the kind, i guess this discussion is done. :mrgreen:
Chuck Baldwin

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 16 Jan 2008, 18:17

chuckbaldwin wrote:Watchman/Greg

If your post above is trying to object to a 1st-year Jubilee interfering with the sowing & reaping, i simply see it as an exception, just like annual holydays (esp. the Day of Atonement & Pentecost) are exceptions to the "6 days shall you labor...".

It's not a problem for me, although it does appear to be a good argument, depending on how you look at it.

RESPONSE; there's no exception to the six-day shall you labor, but there is an understanding and that is that the six-day shall you labor is referring to the instructions that you have six days to do all your work before the weekly Sabbath and you're not to work on it. You must not go over six workdays without a Holy convocation. You can and do have back-to-back rest days but you must never go over six workdays without a Holy convocation. You don't have to work six days before you rest BUT YOU HAVE six days in which to do all your work but you must rest on His Holy convocation/Sabbath. See my article on the definition of a scriptural seventh day rest at http://lunarsabbath.info/_wsn/page20.html You Cannot have a scriptural seventh day of rest after working only two or three days. See Genesis one. Therefore The Day of Atonement and Pentecost etc. are not exceptions, they are SPECIFIC COMMANDMENTS, same as the rest of the calendar that is specified in Leviticus 23.

Brother Arnold

Brother Arnold

Return to “Calendar Discussion”