"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Saturn's Day In The First Century

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

LittleBoyDrinkingWine

Saturn's Day In The First Century

Postby LittleBoyDrinkingWine » 09 Jan 2008, 15:07

Many believe that Messiah kept the same weekly Sabbath Day as The Jews of His day. I do not because of what He Himself said in Matthew 16:3, however, until now I have not seen any historical proof one way or the other.

The following is historical proof that Saturn's Day, what is today called Saturday, under our Papal/Pagan Gregorian calendar, was kept by the Jews of the first century. What this means is that the Jews of the first century paid homage to the god Saturn, Satyr, Molech, Remphan, Sikkuth, all the same god, which fulfilled the prophecy about those who worship and sear an oath to YHWH, but also swear by Molech as well in Zeph. 1:5. This same fulfillment is alive and well today.

To me this shows that there was a definite faction at work in the first centruy, even over such subjects as what is the true Sabbath day. Considering the fact that YHWH Himself removered (caused to forget) the Sabbath and Appointments (Holy Days) because Judah's idolatry in Lam. 2:6, I can see why Messiah (knowing the scriptures) did not make an issue of it in the gospels, more than what He did. How could He chastise them, if YHWH purposely took the knowledge of the Sabbath away from them.

Anyway, below is a piece of an e-mail that was sent to me on another forum. It was sent to prove Saturday was always kept since the first century, but in light of what the scriptures say in Zeph. 1:5, Amos 5:21-27, Lam. 2:6, Matt. 16:3, Acts 7:42-43 and other verses that make the case that Israel carried the this same pagan god (called the goat demon or Satyr) out of Egypt (Lev. 17:7), referred to in Acts by Stephen right before they murdered him. Rememeber who Stephen was speaking to. It was the same Jews that Messiah told them that they did not know how discern the signs of the Moedim in Matthew 16:3.

The same thing would happen today if one of us told a almighty rabbi at any local Synagogue that they worshiped Molech the greatest enemy of YHWH.

This same god was resurrected by Jeroboam in 2Chron. 11:15, when he set up this same satyr (goat demon) as their image in place of YHWH using a false calendar system (just like is used today), changing the FOT to the eighth month and all this was prophesied to be the dividing line at the end time when YHWH would stretch out His plumb line (Amos. 7:17) on this very subject of the false god Satyr or Saturn and the false calendar system. The result of that prophecy is that those who hold to the false dictates of the Day of Saturn will be lead away into physical captivity.

Here is the historical data.......

1st Century BCE

Dio Cassius, a Roman historian, explained the strategy employed by Pompey in taking Jerusalem in 63 BCE:
If they [i.e., the Jews] had continued defending it [i.e., the Temple] on all days alike, he could not have got possession of it. As it was, they made an exception of what are called the days of Saturn, and by doing no work at all on those days afforded the Romans an opportunity in this interval to batter down the wall. The latter, on learning of this superstitious awe of theirs, made no serious attempts the rest of the time, but on those days, when they came around in succession, assaulted most vigorously. Thus the defenders were captured on the day of Saturn without making any defense, and all the wealth was plundered. The kingdom was given to Hyrcanus, and Aristobulus was carried away.

Dio Cassius, Roman History, book 37, Chapter 16, in Loeb Classical Library, Dio's Roman History, Volume 3, pp.125, 127
First century Jewish historian Flavius Josephus reported on this same event as follows:
“Nor had the Romans succeeded in their endeavors, had not Pompey taken notice of the seventh days, on which the Jews abstain from all sorts of work on a religious account."

Josephus, Wars of the Jews, Book 1, Chapter 7, Section 3, in The Works of Flavius Josephus, p.618

37 BCE

Cassius Dio also recorded the deposing of Antigonus (the son of Aristibolus II, who sought to control the Jews) and the establishment of Herod in Jerusalem in 37 BCE by Gaius Sosius, who was in command of the Roman troops:
The Jews, indeed, had done much injury to the Romans, for the race is very bitter when aroused to anger, but they suffered far more themselves. The first of them to be captured were those who were fighting for the precinct of their god, and then the rest on the day even then called the day of Saturn. And so excessive were they in their devotion to religion that the first set of prisoners, those who had been captured along with the temple, obtained leave from Sosius, when the day of Saturn came round again, and went up into the temple and there performed all the customary rites, together with the rest of the people.

Dio Cassius, Roman History, book 49, Chapter 22, in Loeb Classical Library, Dio's Roman History, Volume 5, p.387

Albius Tibullus, a Latin poet who lived 54 BCE - 19 BCE), explained in one of his poems why he delayed leaving his beloved Delia, saying: “Either I blamed the birds, or words of bad omen; or that the sacred day of Saturn had held one back. (Tibullus, Elegies, book 1, Elegy 3, lines 17, 18, in Loeb Classical Library. Catullus, Tibullus, Pervigilium Veneris, p.206)

The day of Saturn "held one back" due to it be a day unfit for business, as noted by our next writer.

Publius Ovidius Naso (known widely simply as "Ovid"), was a Roman poet who lived 43 BCE - 18 CE. He wrote:
"You may begin on the day . . . less fit for business, whereon returns the seventh-day feast that the Syrian of Palestine observe"

Ovid, Ars Anratoria 1, 413-416; cf. 1,75-80; Remedia Amoris 217-220

70 CE

Sextus Julius Frontinus, a Roman soldier, politician, engineer, and author of the first century CE, wrote of the capture and destruction of Jerusalem by Vespasian in 70 CE as follows:
"The divine Augustus Vespasian attacked the Jews on the day of Saturn, on which it is forbidden for them to do anything serious, and prevailed.

Sextus Julius Frontinus, The Stratagems, book 2, Chapter 1, Section 17, in Loeb Classical Library, Frontinus, Page 98
Cassius Dio likewise wrote of this same historical event as follows:
“Thus was Jerusalem destroyed on the very day of Saturn, the day which even now the Jews reverence most. From that time forth it was ordered that the Jews who continued to observe their ancestral customs should pay an annual tribute of two denarii to Jupiter Capitolinus.

Dio Cassius, Roman History, book 65, Chapter 7, in Loeb Classical Library, Dio's Roman History, Volume 8, Page 271

Ca. 100 - 112 CE

Publius Cornelius Tacitus (ca. 56 CE " ca. 117 CE) was a senator and a historian of the Roman Empire. He also wrote of the Jew\'s observance of the day of Saturn. Hutton Webster interpreted it as follows:
Tacitus (Historiae, V, 4) thinks that the Jewish Sabbath may be an observance in honour of Saturn..." (Hutton Webster, Rest Days: A Study in Early Law and Morality, New York: The MacMillan Company, 1916, p.244-245)

What did Tacitus say specifically?

They were pleased to have a rest on the seventh day, because it brought a release from work. Later, because they became softened by inactivity, the seventh year was also given to idleness. Some hold it to be an honor to Saturn, or perhaps the Idaeans gave them this part of their religion, who the Idaeansi, as we have said before, were expelled together with Saturn, and who, as we have been informed, were the founders of this [Jewish] nation; or else it was because the star [Saturn] moves in the highest sphere, and of the seven planets exerts the principal part of that energy whereby mankind are governed; and indeed most of the heavenly bodies exert their power and fulfill their courses according to the number seven.

Tacitus, The Histories, Book 5, Chapter 2, in Loeb Classical Library. Tacitus, Histories, Annals, Volume 2, p.180
Now before here any join Tacitus\'s chorus and claim the Jews keeping "Saturn\'s Day" were worshipping Saturn, consider this. Dio Cassius, who also testified of the Jew\'s observance of Sabbath on the day of Saturn, wrote of the Jews and their worship as follows:
"They are distinguished from the rest of mankind in practically every detail of life and especially by the fact that they do not honor any of the usual gods, but show extreme reverence for one particular divinity. They never had any statue of him even in Jerusalem itself, but believing him to be unnamable and invisible, they worship him in the most extravagant fashion on earth. They built to him a temple that was extremely large and beautiful...and likewise dedicated to him the day called the day of Saturn, on which, among many other most peculiar observances, they undertake no serious occupation."

Dio Cassius, Roman History, book 37, Chapter 17, in Loeb Classical Library, Dio's Roman History, Volume 3, pp.127, 129.
Does this testimony sound like these Jews that Dio Cassius said kept the day of Saturn were steeped in idolatry to anyone here? Was he describing saturn worship? Was not Saturn a "usual god"?

Facts are facts. The testimony of how many witnesses have cried out here together to state the same fact, namely this: The Jews kept Sabbath on the day of Saturn in the 1st century BCE, the 1st century CE, the 2nd century CE, and on and on!

This was the same Sabbath that Messiah kept. The same Sabbath the diaspora kept. The same Sabbath observed today.
Last edited by LittleBoyDrinkingWine on 09 Jan 2008, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

JMSchattke

Postby JMSchattke » 09 Jan 2008, 17:39

You are confusing coincidence with causation.

Saturn's Day happened to fall on the seventh day of the week, the sabbath, after the Romans changed to a seven day cycle.

It is only a coincidence that the Sabbath is on Saturday.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

LittleBoyDrinkingWine

Postby LittleBoyDrinkingWine » 09 Jan 2008, 19:27

Am I?

My question to you would be, to whom does the prophecy in Zeph. 1:5 refer to? Who among us today calls upon the name of YHWH and yet swears an oath to Molech (who is actually Satyr or Saturn)? This is obviously an end time event. The time setting is found in verse 14 and verses leading up to that point.

So what group of people could this be speaking of?......the Jews? They do not even know the true name and if they did know it they would not speak it. To them, He is the L_rd or G_D.

There can be no other people than those who call upon YHWH's name (the sacred namers) and keep Saturn's day as their day of worship. Who today is swearing an oath to Saturn? Do you think they know they are doing such a thing? It's called deception!!!!

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 09 Jan 2008, 22:31

You are confusing coincidence with causation.

Saturn's Day happened to fall on the seventh day of the week, the sabbath, after the Romans changed to a seven day cycle.

It is only a coincidence that the Sabbath is on Saturday.

And you are confusing tradition with facts. Without getting into the "prophetic" interpretations of Scripture, what LBDW just displayed for you were historical FACTS.

It is your TRADITION that prohibits you from seeing the obvious connection. Especially since the current tradition has no alternative explanation for it's origin.
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 09 Jan 2008, 23:25

Dear Mr. LBD Wine,

Would you please edit your 1st post, and shorten the row of *****s, and see if it will eliminate the horizontal scroll bar?
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 09 Jan 2008, 23:36

Dear Mr. LBD Wine,

Would you please edit your 1st post, and shorten the row of *****s, and see if it will eliminate the horizontal scroll bar?

Chuck,

What browser are you using? It doesn't effect my screen that way at all. It may be your browser settings.
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 09 Jan 2008, 23:39

LittleBoyDrinkingWine wrote:There can be no other people than those who call upon YHWH's name (the sacred namers) and keep Saturn's day as their day of worship. Who today is swearing an oath to Saturn? Do you think they know they are doing such a thing? It's called deception!!
Dear Mr. LBD Wine,

The above quote makes it appear that you are against the saturday Sabbath? Right?
Facts are facts. The testimony of how many witnesses have cried out here together to state the same fact, namely this: The Jews kept Sabbath on the day of Saturn in the 1st century BCE, the 1st century CE, the 2nd century CE, and on and on!

This was the same Sabbath that Messiah kept. The same Sabbath the diaspora kept. The same Sabbath observed today.
The above quote makes it appear that you are in favor of the saturday Sabbath? Right?

Wait a minute! They can't BOTH be right! What gives?
Chuck Baldwin

By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 09 Jan 2008, 23:52

eriqbenel wrote:
Dear Mr. LBD Wine,

Chuck,
What browser are you using? It doesn't effect my screen that way at all. It may be your browser settings.
Hi Eriq,
I'm using IE7. This happens on EliYah a lot, but 1st time here.

When viewing this particular thread:
The row of *****s is 9.3"
The width of the text area is 10.8"
The width of the info box to the left of the text area is 2.5"
(My monitor width is 12", and my "text size" is "medium")
10.8 + 2.5 = 13.3, which is > 12, hence the scroll bar.

You may have a larger monitor, or be set for smaller text.
If i made my text any smaller, i'd go blind. :mrgreen: (And no comments from the peanut gallery, please!:D)
Last edited by chuckbaldwin on 09 Jan 2008, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Baldwin

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 09 Jan 2008, 23:54

Update: The row of *****s is now only 3.5", and everything is fine.
Thank you LBDW. :mrgreen:
Chuck Baldwin

JMSchattke

Postby JMSchattke » 11 Jan 2008, 02:42

LittleBoyDrinkingWine wrote:My question to you would be, to whom does the prophecy in Zeph. 1:5 refer to? Who among us today calls upon the name of YHWH and yet swears an oath to Molech (who is actually Satyr or Saturn)? This is obviously an end time event. The time setting is found in verse 14 and verses leading up to that point.

Zep 1:1 The word of יהוה which came to Tsephanyah son of Kushi, son of Gedyah, son of Amaryah, son of Hezqiyah, in the days of Yoshiyahu son of Amon, sovereign of Yehudah.
Zep 1:2 "I shall snatch away all from the face of the earth," declares יהוה -
Zep 1:3 "I snatch away man and beast, I snatch away the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, and the stumbling-blocks, with the wrong, when I shall cut off man from the face of the earth," declares יהוה ”.
Zep 1:4 "And I shall stretch out My hand against Yehudah, and against all the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, and cut off every trace of Ba'al from this place, the names of the idolatrous priests, with the priests,
Zep 1:5 and those bowing down to the host of the heavens on the house-tops, and those bowing themselves, swearing by יהוה” and swearing by Malkam;
Zep 1:6 and those who turn away from following יהוה”, and who have not sought יהוה” or inquired of Him."

Um, I suspect there is not a single person swearing by Molech at this date.
So, it certainly can't apply to NOW, can it?

And if the Yehudim don't swear by "יהוה" any more, it certainly cannot aplpy to them.

So, there must have been a time when it COULD apply - in fact, there was, in the temple period. There are extant inscriptions in Paleo Hebrew and ugrit referring to Yehvah along with other Gods, such as Ashteroth, Baal, or Molech.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

LittleBoyDrinkingWine

Postby LittleBoyDrinkingWine » 12 Jan 2008, 00:44

JM,

You wrote:

Um, I suspect there is not a single person swearing by Molech at this date.
So, it certainly can't apply to NOW, can it?

And if the Yehudim don't swear by "יהוה" any more, it certainly cannot aplpy to them.

So, there must have been a time when it COULD apply - in fact, there was, in the temple period. There are extant inscriptions in Paleo Hebrew and ugrit referring to Yehvah along with other Gods, such as Ashteroth, Baal, or Molech.

LBDW; I would say that there are thousands who swear by Molech and do not know it, just as there are millions that swear by Baal and do not know that either. Exodus 31:13-16 forever ties the Elohim you worship to the day set aside for that Elohim and there's no getting around it. "surely my sabbaths you shall keep so that you may know that I am YHWH who sets you apart."

LBDW; The Jews are not who I referred to. The saturday Sabbath keeping COG's are.

LOBDW; You are right there was a time when it did apply, but it was not the anti-typicla event spoke of in this text (Zeph. 1). The time setting is found in verse 1:2-3 and in verse 7. It is the day of YHWH, , which has not happened yet, but is fast approaching.

LBDW; Those Saturday keeping COG are the ones who swear by both YHWH and Molech or Satyr.', '');

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 15 Jan 2008, 09:38

Shalom All,

I believe that Messiah kept the same weekly Sabbath Day as The Jews of His day, and according to the Historical evidence found in Philo, they kept Lunar Sabbaths.

The Historical evidence also shows that at one time the 8th , 15th, 22nd, and 29th, day of the moon were called Saturn’s day. I have continually challenged anyone to find a pen pointed Saturn’s day that was not on one of the major phases of the moon.

I have personally pinpointed 20 Saturn’s day in History and every one of them was on either the 8th , 15th, 22nd, and 29th, day of the moon and this is no coincidence, there is a reason for it. I will list them later when I get back to my computer. At any rate, it is obvious that they began naming the days of the week after the planets, BEFORE they went to the continual uninterrupted seven-day mathematical count and this explains why the two corresponded with each other. It is a Historical fact that every time you find a pinpointed Saturn’s day, it corresponded with the true Sabbaths that were by major moon phases and on these dates. The Historical evidence shows that the weeks were originally by the phases of the moon and the seventh day of the LUNAR week was called Saturn’s day.

As I said before, it is no coincidence that every recorded pinpointed Saturn’s day, is ALWAYS on one of these for moon phases and when I get back to my computer you will see what I’m talking about, and how this is not an accident. It is conclusive proof that at one time the day that they called Saturn’s day was the true Sabbath with a pagan name attached to it. This proves that they day they called Saturn's day originally by the phases of the moon and how that every eighth, 15th, 22nd, and 29th of the month was called Saturn;s day.

I have never found a pinpointed Saturn’s day that was not on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th, day of the moon and you will not either, no more than you can find a pinpointed weekly Sabbath in Scripture that was not on one of the four major phases of the moon and that is because the moon is for the weekly worship appointments/moeds.

All of the WORSHIP Moeds are by the moon, which Eliyah failed to mention, which I will deal with in my rebuttal.

Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 16 Jan 2008, 02:14

BrotherArnold wrote:All of the WORSHIP Moeds are by the moon, which Eliyah failed to mention, which I will deal with in my rebuttal.
Maybe he failed to mention it, because the Scriptures fail to mention it. :mrgreen:
Chuck Baldwin

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 16 Jan 2008, 10:39

chuckbaldwin wrote:
BrotherArnold wrote:All of the WORSHIP Moeds are by the moon, which Eliyah failed to mention, which I will deal with in my rebuttal.
Maybe he failed to mention it, because the Scriptures fail to mention it. :mrgreen:

RESPONSE: read Leviticus 23 if you don't believe the weekly Sabbath is a worship Moed/holy convocation. The major subject of Leviticus 23 is the weekly SEVENTH DAY Moed/holy convocations and the SEVENTH DAY weekly Moed on the 15th of the first month is specifically mentioned because it is a feast for seven days and is even called the SEVENTH DAY in Exodus 13:6 although you don't want to admit it. See my article on the 15th is called the SEVENTH DAY in the first month every year, which conclusively proves LUNAR SABBATHS, at http://lunarsabbath.info/_wsn/page8.html

We have proven that all Moed's are not necessarily moon related. How did we do this??? Simply by turning to Scriptures such as the evening and morning sacrifices, which are Moed's/appointments for the Priest, BUT THEY ARE NOT WORSHIP MOED'S. Why cannot we do the same for the weekly SABBATH WORSHIP MOED'S??? i.e. prove they are not moon related by simply turning to a scripture as we did with the evening and morning sacrifices, and show CONCLUSIVE PROOF where the WEEKLY SABBATH was not one of HIS worship Moed's that is by the moon as ALL the others are in Leviticus 23??? Don't the scripture teach to prove all things? I challenge anyone to conclusively prove that even ONE of HIS WORSHIP MOED'S are not moon related. If he had a worship Moed that was not moon related, how would you find it??? This is a serious question that deserves an answer, where in scripture does it teach us when to begin the count for the six workdays so that we can keep the correct seventh day???

Brother Arnold

Ps. Perhaps we could start another thread for this subject, and continue our discussion, so as not to mess up this topic.

Brother Arnold

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 16 Jan 2008, 14:54

Shalom All,

I apologize in advance for the lengthy post but I have not separated all that I could so I am posting some of our discussion with Brother Chuck and Brother Larry concerning this issue.

I wrote, "Brother Matthew, I believe Brother Larry is right concerning the Sabbath being called the day of Saturn but maybe it should be pointed out to him and Brother Chuck that the evidence is OVERWHELMING to say the least, that Saturn's day always fell on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, or 29th each month, before the lunar month was abandoned and replaced with the solar month which not only done away with the lunar month, but the lunar weeks also. I.e. the solar months and weeks replaced the lunar months and weeks. See proof below.

Larry writes,
"I have turned to the historical record for help. And everywhere I turn, the evidence shows that at least by the first century B.C.E., Judaism was observing a "continuously-repeating" weekly Sabbath. We have the testimony of heathen historians that Jerusalem was captured on the same "cay of Kronos" (Saturn) on three separate occasions, two of which were first century B.C.E., plus the guy [Tibullus] who in 19 B.C.E. wrote that the "cay of Saturn" prevented him from leaving Rome .... The only reason a certain "cay would prevent such a departure would be because of an association with the weekly Sabbath. This, combined with the (mistaken) heathen notion that Jews fasted on the "cay of Saturn," whereas they simply didn't cook that day, is such a clear demonstration that the Jews of that day worshipped on the same day they worship on today ... in the same unbroken sequence.

RESPONSE; we also have turned to history and have found that the day of Saturn was originally on the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th of the month/moon before they disregarded the new moon days and it became a "continuously-repeating" cycle of one through seven without paying any attention to the moon/month or its phases/weeks. I.e. the month became a solar count of 30 or 31 days and the week a continuous one through seven count and neither count paid any attention to the moon or its Phases.

Before the Romans disregarded the moon in the their calendar, they were using it, and in my World Book Encyclopedia 1937 edition under calendar it states that the Romans around 700 B.C. were using a 354 days in the lunar year, same as the ancient Greek calendar which consisted of alternate 30 and 29 day months.

When we look at Larry's above Historical proof that Jerusalem was captured on the day of Saturn and comparing it to other Historical facts how that Jerusalem was captured on the EIGHTH DAY of the month/moon, this conversely proves that the day of Saturn was on the EIGHTH DAY of the moon/month. I.e. originally the eighth day of the month was known as Saturn's day.

It is found in Samuele Bacchiocchi (who keeps the traditional Sabbath) Book from Sabbath to Sunday page 245, concerning a Roman soldier and writer which says,

"Sextus Julius Frontinus (ca. A.D. 35-103), a Roman soldier and writer, in his work The Stratagems, referring to the fall of Jerusalem of A.D. 70, writes that Vespasian " attacked the Jews on the day of Saturn,

Josephus proves that the day of Saturn was referring to the eighth day of the month/moon, which was a weekly Sabbath at that time and was called the day of Saturn.

In Josephus page 750, The Wars of the Jews Chapter 10 -1. (435) "And thus was Jerusalem taken, in the second year of the reign of vespasian, on the eighth day of the month Gorpieus [Elul].

This proves that before the change, the day that is called Saturn's day and the eighth day of the month was one and the same/Sabbath.

There is another pinpointed time when the Temple was destroyed on a weekly Sabbath and it was also recorded that it was the 8th day of the month which we know as the weekly Sabbath and it was ALSO called Saturn's day which AGAIN proves the day of Saturn's day and the eighth day of the month are synonymous.

One example is found in "the Talmud the Steinsaltz Edition", Volume XIV Tractate Ta\'anit Part II ( 1995 by Israel Institute for Talmudic Publications and Milta Books), pages 205-206. It says the following regarding the destruction of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem-built by Solomon, and destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar's army: Page 205: "then late on the day of the ninth, close to nightfall, they set the Temple on fire, and it continued to burn the entire next day, on the tenth." Page 206: "when the Temple was destroyed for the first time at the hands of Nebuzaradan [captain of the guard], that day was the ninth of Av, and it was the day following Shabbat, and it was the year following the Sabbatical Year.... And similarly when the Temple was destroyed a second time at the hands of Titus, the destruction occurred on the very same day

The above is no coincidence that these weekly Sabbaths were on the eighth day of the scriptural month. There has never been a pinpointed weekly Sabbath found, in ancient history or scripture, that was not by the phases of the moon. This is an absolute.

When a date goes down in history such as the signing of the Declaration of Independence, George Washington birthday, Pearl Harbor, 911, etc. which are no where near as momentous events as the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem's capture, it is not hard to look back and pinpoint these dates.

Another proof that the day that they call Saturn was originally on the 8th 15th 22nd and 29th is found on page 239 of the same book,
"A calendar of the time of Agustus (the Fasti of Philocalus dated "BEFORE" 27 B.C.) beside the date August 9th reads: "Soli indigiti in colle Quirinali-to the native Sun on Quririnal hill.

In this particular Chapter Samuel is pointing out things concerning Sunday and how that beside the date AUGUST 9TH was called native Sun or Sunday and that it was dated "BEFORE" 27 B.C.

I would like to point out this is ANOTHER pinpointed WEEKLY SABBATH ON THE EIGHTH, 15th, 22nd, and 29th.

Samuel recognizes that Sunday is the first day of the week and was on the NINTH of August and by default the eighth of August would be the seventh day of the week and would have been called Saturn's day.

I know the traditional Sabbath keepers will say that this was just another coincidence where the weekly Sabbath just happened to fall on the eighth, 15th and 22nd and 29th but they cannot find even "oNe" AND THAT's NO COINCIDENCE EITHER because there isn't any on the other day.

How many coincidences do it take before it becomes fact? If you keep getting wet every time you walk out into the rain, that is no coincidence, and if you keep finding the weekly Sabbaths ALWAYS falling on one of these dates of the moon, it is no coincidence either. You cannot find a weekly Sabbath that was not on one of these dates, and as I said above, that is no coincidence that they cannot find even one. in ancient History or Scripture, and this is no coincidence, whether anyone wants to accept it or not. People can holler coincidence all they like but they are still getting wet. This would be more than a coincidence, it would be a MIRACLE to say the least.

I would like to point out that August would have been the first-day of the month/new moon day and at this time would not have been counted when counting out the days of the weeks, which were named after the planets. The months/new moon days are separate days all by themselves, as Ezekiel 46:1 teach, and were named after other gods but the days of the weeks were named after the planets.

On page 246 of Samuele Bacchiocchi's book from Sabbath to Sunday we read, "A pictorial calendar found on the wall of the ruins of the baths of Titus (A. D. 79-81) deserves mentioned on account of its originality. In the square frame there appear in the upper row the pitchers of the seven planetary gods. In the center are the twelve signs of the zodiac representing the months and on the two sides appear the numbers of the days, on the right the days 1 to XV, and the left, the days XVI to XXX. Beside each of these there are holes where knobs were inserted to indicate the month, the number of the days and the protecting planetary god"?.

I am going to stop for now and may post more later but my main point is to show that no one has ever shown a conclusive weekly Sabbath in scripture or Ancient History where a weekly Sabbath or SATURN's day ever landed on any other day other than one of the four major phases of the month/moon.

Brother Arnold

Return to “Calendar Discussion”