"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Teach Us To Number Our Days

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Teach Us To Number Our Days

Postby Watchman555 » 14 Mar 2014, 18:45

Teach us to number our days.

Psa 90:11 Who knows the power of Your displeasure? And your wrath, according to the fear of You?
Psa 90:12 Teach us to number our days, And let us bring the heart to wisdom.

Gen 1:5 And Elohim called the light ‘day’ and the darkness He called ‘night.’ And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, the FIRST DAY.
Gen 1:8 And Elohim called the expanse ‘heavens.’ And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, the SECOND DAY.
Gen 1:13 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, the THIRD DAY.

...etc

Exo 23:12 “Six days you are to do your work, and on the seventh day you rest, in order that your ox and your donkey might rest, and the son of your female servant and the sojourner be refreshed.
Exo 23:13 “AND IN ALL THAT I HAVE SAID TO YOU TAKE HEED. AND MAKE NO MENTION OF THE NAME OF OTHER MIGHTY ONES, LET IT NOT BE HEARD FROM YOUR MOUTH.

Amo 5:26
but you took up Sikkuth (SATURN) your sovereign and Kiyyun, (SATURN)your idols, your astral mighty ONES, which you made for yourselves!

Deu 4:19
and lest you lift up your eyes to the heavens, and shall see the SUN, AND THE MOON, AND THE STARS – ALL THE HOST OF THE HEAVENS –and you be drawn away into bowing down to them and SERVING THEM, which Yahuah your....

The gregorian calendar which the world uses has given esteem to the hosts of the heavens by honoring them one day in seven, 365 days a year.

http://www.pantheon.org/miscellaneous/origin_days.html

Gregorian first day (G1) = sun's day; shemesh, ra, etc...
G2= moon's day; sin, diana, luna, etc...
G3= ties's day; tiu, day of mars planet/star
G4= woden's day; woden, odin, hermes, mercury planet/star etc...
G5= thor's day, thor, zeus, jupiter planet/star
G6= frig's day, freya, aphrodite, venus planet/star
G7= saturn's day; chronos, chiyunne, molek, etc saturn planet/star

http://yahuahreigns.com/Names%20of%20the%20Days%20of%20one%20Week.html

Classical Greek and Roman accounts
Later commentators have compared these accounts with similar ones from Greek and Latin sources speaking of the offering of children by fire as sacrifices in the Punic city of Carthage, a Phoenician colony. Cleitarchus, Diodorus Siculus and Plutarch all mention burning of children as an offering to CRONUS or SATURN, that is to Ba‘al Hammon, the chief god of Carthage. Issues and practices relating to Moloch and child sacrifice may also have been exaggerated for effect. After the Romans defeated Carthage and totally destroyed the city, they engaged in post-war propaganda to make their arch-enemies seem cruel and less civilized.[6]

Paul G. Mosca, in his thesis described below, translates Cleitarchus' paraphrase of a scholium to Plato's Republic as:

There stands in their midst a bronze statue of Kronos, its hands extended over a bronze brazier, the flames of which engulf the child. When the flames fall upon the body, the limbs contract and the open mouth seems almost to be laughing until the contracted body slips quietly into the brazier. Thus it is that the 'grin' is known as 'sardonic laughter,' since they die laughing.

Diodorus Siculus (20.14) wrote:

There was in their city a bronze image of Cronus extending its hands, palms up and sloping toward the ground, so that each of the children when placed there on rolled down and fell into a sort of gaping pit filled with fire.

Diodorus also relates that relatives were forbidden to weep and that when Agathocles defeated Carthage, the Carthaginian nobles believed they had displeased the gods by substituting low-born children for their own children. They attempted to make amends by sacrificing 200 children of the best families at once, and in their enthusiasm actually sacrificed 300 children.

In the book The History of Sicily from the Earliest Times the author recounts the tale slightly differently. He states that the Carthaginian nobles had actually acquired and raised children not of their own for the express purpose of sacrificing them to the god. The author states that during the siege, the 200 high-born children were sacrificed in addition to another 300 children who were initially saved from the fire by the sacrifice of these acquired substitutes.[7]

Plutarch wrote in De Superstitiones 171:
... but with full knowledge and understanding they themselves offered up their own children, and those who had no children would buy little ones from poor people and cut their throats as if they were so many lambs or young birds; meanwhile the mother stood by without a tear or moan; but should she utter a single moan or let fall a single tear, she had to forfeit the money, and her child was sacrificed nevertheless; and the whole area before the statue was filled with a loud noise of flutes and drums took the cries of wailing should not reach the ears of the people.

Jewish rabbinic commentary

The 12th-century Rashi, commenting on Jeremiah 7:31 stated:

Tophet is Moloch (SATURN), which was made of brass; and they heated him from his lower parts; and his hands being stretched out, and made hot, they put the child between his hands, and it was burnt; when it vehemently cried out; but the priests beat a drum, that the father might not hear the voice of his son, and his heart might not be moved.

A rabbinical tradition attributed to the Yalkout of Rabbi Simeon, [8] says that the idol was hollow and was divided into seven compartments, in one of which they put flour, in the second turtle-doves, in the third a ewe, in the fourth a ram, in the fifth a calf, in the sixth an ox, and in the seventh a child, which were all burned together by heating the statue inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch

Deu_12:31 “Do not do so to Yahuah your Elohim, for every abomination which Yahuah hates they have done to their mighty ones, for THEY EVEN BURN THEIR SONS AND DAUGHTERS IN THE FIRE TO THEIR MIGHTY ONES. (SATURN)

Jer 7:30 “For the children of Yehuḏah have done what is evil in My eyes,” declares Yahuah.“They have set their abominations in the house which is called by My Name, to defile it.
Jer 7:31 “And they have built the high places of Topheth (SATURN), which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to BURN THEIR SONS AND THEIR DAUGHTERS IN THE FIRE, which I did not command, nor did it come into My heart.

Act 7:41 “And they made a calf/APIS (SATURN) in those days, and brought an offering to the idol (SATURN), and were rejoicing in the works of their own hands.
Act 7:42 “So Elohim turned and gave them up to worship the host of the heaven, as it has been written in the book of the Prophets, ‘Did you bring slaughtered beasts and offerings unto Me during forty years in the wilderness, O house of Yisra’ĕl?
Act 7:43 ‘And you took up the tent of Moleḵ, (SATURN) and the star of your mighty one Kiyyun, (SATURN) images which you made to bow before them. Therefore I shall remove you beyond Baḇel.’

Jer 8:1 “At that time,” declares Yahuah, “they shall bring the bones of the sovereigns of Yehuḏah, and the bones of its heads, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Yerushalayim, out of their graves,
Jer 8:2 and shall spread them before THE SUN AND THE MOON AND ALL THE HOST OF THE HEAVENS, which they have loved and which they have served and after WHICH THEY HAVE WALKED, which they have sought, and to which they have bowed themselves. They shall not be gathered nor buried, they shall be for dung on the face of the earth.

Don't take me wrong, I do not think that anybody would worship these hosts of heaven purposely, my concern is, exactly how much are we going to be held accountable by what comes out of our mouths? Every idle word...???? Then I'm proclaiming a certain day to be the 'moon's day' or 'sun's day' or 'saturn's day'? Think about it, if we're held to that high of accountability it would sure seem the enemy would use this against us. By what we speak could it be considered honoring and dedicating the day to that host deity? If those days were indeed in honor of then what is x-mas, easter, etc in honor of? I don't think there's a lot of people, there are some, that intentionally honor the mithras and the saturnalia, from my perspective I want to stay away from it. I say whatever Sabbath one keeps let's try not to give honor to those enemies who would try to steal it.

That's why I really wonder - how accountable are we for what comes out of our mouths?

Mat 12:36 “And I say to you that for every idle word men speak, they shall give an account of it in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37 “For by your words you shall be declared righteous, and by your words you shall be declared unrighteous.”

Return to “Calendar Discussion”