"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Signs of everlasting covenants

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Signs of everlasting covenants

Postby Watchman555 » 22 Feb 2014, 16:27

Gen 9:13
“I shall set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.

Gen 9:16
“And the rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I shall see it, to remember the everlasting covenant between Elohim and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

Gen 17:9-13
9 And Elohim said to Aḇraham, “As for you, guard My covenant, you and your seed after you throughout their generations.
10 “This is My covenant which you guard between Me and you, and your seed after you: Every male child among you is to be circumcised.
11 “And you shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall become a sign of the covenant between Me and you.
12 “And a son of eight days is circumcised by you, every male child in your generations, he who is born in your house or bought with silver from any foreigner who is not of your seed.
13 'He who is born in your house, and he who is bought with your silver, has to be circumcised. So shall My covenant be in your flesh, for an everlasting covenant.

Exo 31:13
“And you, speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘My Sabbaths you are to guard, by all means, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, to know that I, Yahuah, am setting you apart.

Exo 31:14-17
14 ‘And you shall guard the Sabbath, for it is set-apart to you. Everyone who profanes it shall certainly be put to death, for anyone who does work on it, that being shall be cut off from among his people.
15 ‘Six days work is done, and on the seventh is a Sabbath of rest, set-apart to Yahuah. Everyone doing work on the Sabbath day shall certainly be put to death.
16 ‘And the children of Yisra’ĕl shall guard the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as an everlasting covenant.
17 ‘Between Me and the children of Yisra’ĕl it is a sign forever. For in six days Yahuah made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

The lessor light that shines in a dark place. The sign of the everlasting covenant. He delivered Mitsrayim at the time of the full moon. He died at the time of the full moon. There is no coincidence that Yahuah's everlasting covenants all show a circular pattern.

Gen 1:14-16
14 And Elohim said, “Let lights come to be in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and appointed times, and for days and years,
15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth.” And it came to be so.
16 And Elohim made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars.

Philo’s writings:

In Allegorical Interpretation, 1 IV (8), it says…

“Again, the periodical changes of the moon, take place according to the number seven, that star having the greatest sympathy with the things on earth. And the changes which the moon works in the air, it perfects chiefly in accordance with its own configurations on each seventh day. At all events, all

mortal things, as I have said before, drawing their more divine nature from the heaven, are moved in a manner which tends to their preservation in accordance with this number seven. … Accordingly, on the seventh day, Elohim caused to rest from all his works which he had made.” …

The Decalogue XXX (159),

“But to the seventh day of the week he has assigned the greatest festivals, those of the longest duration, at the periods of the equinox both vernal and autumnal in each year; appointing two festivals for these two epochs, each lasting seven days; the one which takes place in the spring being for the perfection of what is being sown, and the one which falls in autumn being a feast of thanksgiving for the bringing home of all the fruits which the trees have produced”…

Special Laws I. (178),

“…there is one principle of reason by which the moon waxes and wanes in equal intervals, both as it increases and diminishes in illumination; the seven lambs because it receives the perfect shapes in periods of seven days—the half-moon in the first seven day period after its conjunction with the sun,

full moon in the second; and when it makes its return again, the first is to half-moon, then it ceases at its conjunction with the sun.”

In vol. 6, chapter 16 of The Stromata, Clement plainly writes that:

“in periods of seven days the moon undergoes its changes. In the first week she becomes half moon; in the second [week], full moon; and in the third [week], in her wane, again half moon; and in the fourth [week] she disappears.”

Jer 10:2
2 Thus said Yahuah, “Do not learn the way of the gentiles, and do not be awed by the signs of the heavens, for the gentiles are awed by them.

Lam 2:5-6
5 Yahuah has been like an enemy. He has swallowed up Yisra’ĕl, He has swallowed up all her palaces, He has destroyed her strongholds. And He increases mourning and lamentation In the daughter of Yehuḏah.
6 He has demolished His booth like a garden, He has destroyed His place of meeting. Yahuah has made the appointed times and Sabbaths To be forgotten in Tsiyon,

Return to “Calendar Discussion”