"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

When Does the Day Begin?

For the open discussion of all calendar related issues.

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Re: When Does the Day Begin?

Postby Watchman555 » 15 Apr 2014, 15:20

Here is more “conclusive evidence” that the day cannot begin in the evening-

Luk 24:1 And on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared,

It's the first day of the week, the day Yahusha rose as the first-fruit offering.

Luk 24:13 And see, two of them were going THAT SAME DAY to a village called Amma’us, which was twelve kilometres from Yerushalayim.

We're still in the “same day” and the fellas are on the road to Ammaus when Yahusha starts to walk with them.

Luk 24:21 “We, however, were expecting that it was He who was going to redeem Yisra’ĕl. But besides all this, today is the third day since these matters took place.

It is the third day since the impalement; meaning it is still the first day of the week, the same day.

Luk 24:28-29 And they approached the village where they were going, and He seemed to be going on.
29 But they urged Him strongly, saying, “Stay with us, for IT IS TOWARD EVENING, AND THE DAY HAS DECLINED.” And He went in to stay with them.

This specifically tells us it was toward evening the day has declined. It is not yet evening, but the 12 hours of the day are declining.

Luk 24:30-34 And it came to be, when He sat at the table with them, having taken the bread, He blessed, and having broken, He was giving it to them.
31 And their eyes were opened and they recognized Him. And He disappeared from their sight.
32 And they said to each other, “Was not our heart burning within us as He was speaking to us on the way, and as He was opening the Scriptures to us?”
33 And rising up that SAME HOUR they >>>returned to Yerushalayim,<<< and found the eleven and those who were with them gathered together,
34 saying, “The Master was truly raised, and has appeared to Shimʽon!”

The same hour and we know it is toward evening and since “hour” is mentioned it should be speaking of one of the 12 hours of the day when the sun is in the sky. We can see that they, the same hour, went back to Yahrushalym.

Yahuchanon picks up the account with more specifics of what time of the day it is:

Joh 20:1 And on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK Miryam from Maḡdala came early to the tomb, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been removed from the tomb.

Same witness of it being the first day of the week; using this for context.

Joh 20:19 When THEREFORE IT WAS EVENING ON THAT DAY, THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, and when the doors were shut where the taught ones met, for fear of the Yehudim, יהושע came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace to you.”

Now we see that it is evening on that day – the first day of the week. There is no way that the day can begin in the evening and it still be the first day of the week. This is absolutely conclusive that the fellas were on the road to Ammaus as the day was declining and it was towards evening, they ate and returned that same hour to Yahrushalym and when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week. The same day.

There is no way the day can begin in the evening according to these Scriptures. Otherwise, it would have been recorded as “evening on the next day – the second day of the week”.

Here's something not many people understand. There are two givings of the set-apart spirit. The first time happens on the evening of the first day of the week – the same day as Yahusha being the wave sheaf offering is also the same day of the first-fruits of the set-apart spirit. The second was at “pentecost”.

Joh 20:20-22 And having said this, He showed them His hands and His side. The taught ones therefore rejoiced when they saw the Master.
21 Then Yahusha said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”
22 And having said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Set-apart Spirit.

It is perfectly fitting that Yahusha was raised early in the morning. This is the day of the first fruit offering on the morrow after the Sabbath. He ascended to the Father that day and He said before He gave His life -

Joh 16:7 “But I say the truth to you. It is better for you that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you at all, but if I go, I shall send Him to you.

We see clear evidence that not only was Yahusha the wave sheaf offering on the morrow after the Sabbath but He also sent the set-apart spirit by breathing on them telling them to receive it on the very same day.

First fruits of the spirit given on the morrow after the Sabbath when evening came it was still the first day of the week. This is what the Scriptures tell us. There's no way the day could begin in the evening according to this account.

Shalom,
Greg.

Return to “Calendar Discussion”