"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

polygyny

Moderator: Watchman555

chosen

Postby chosen » 08 Mar 2008, 16:42

principessa yisraelianna said,

And we have Mordechai that arranged for Esther to become part of the Persian kings 'harem' "

um, i don't think Mordechai "arranged" to have Hadassah to become part of the persian king's harem, not unless he provoked vashti to disobey her husband, and then provoked the king to cast her out, and then provoked the king to decide to gather all the young women to be taken to his palace. That was all done by YAHUAH to bring relief to the "jews" living in persia who were going to be attacked because of the decree made by haman.

Est 1:13 So the sovereign said to the wise men who understood the times (for in this way the sovereign’s matter came before all who knew law and right-ruling,
Est 1:14 and who were close to him: Karshena, Shĕthar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, Memukan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, who saw the sovereign’s face, who sat first in the reign):
Est 1:15 “According to law, what is to be done to Sovereigness Vashti, because she did not perform the command of Sovereign AhÌ£ashwÄ•rosh, through the eunuchs?â€

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 09 Mar 2008, 17:02

chosen wrote:principessa yisraelianna said,

And we have Mordechai that arranged for Esther to become part of the Persian kings 'harem' "

um, i don't think Mordechai "arranged" to have Hadassah to become part of the persian king's harem, not unless he provoked vashti to disobey her husband, and then provoked the king to cast her out, and then provoked the king to decide to gather all the young women to be taken to his palace. That was all done by YAHUAH to bring relief to the "jews" living in persia who were going to be attacked because of the decree made by haman.

Est 1:13 So the sovereign said to the wise men who understood the times (for in this way the sovereign’s matter came before all who knew law and right-ruling,
Est 1:14 and who were close to him: Karshena, Shĕthar, Admatha, Tarshish, Meres, Marsena, Memukan, the seven princes of Persia and Media, who saw the sovereign’s face, who sat first in the reign):
Est 1:15 “According to law, what is to be done to Sovereigness Vashti, because she did not perform the command of Sovereign AhÌ£ashwÄ•rosh, through the eunuchs?â€
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

principessa-yisraeliana

Postby principessa-yisraeliana » 10 Mar 2008, 18:26

eriqbenel wrote:

That's a nice play on words!

:) oh my...we are slipping downhill fast here, methinks! too funny. i actually didn't notice that one until you pointed it out!

Anyway, my view of this topic is inclusive, not exclusive. I agree with you about the true scriptural love, and that LOVE in it's purest sense as meant by the Creator will fulfill the righteous requirements of the Law. That will include protection and provision.

My concern was that too many women that I see think that love is 'romantical' (that was a word used by Alfalfa in that Spanky & the Gang movie of the last decade or so) and that they can just ignore any pragmatic considerations about provision, etc. until they're already in a mess with a guy that doesn't really have the right attitude or personal ethics. In my experience in observing relationships and also business deals gone sour, people put together a deal or agreement but never give serious attention to the particulars and ASSUME much. I don't see anything wrong with serious discussion about finances.

Hopefully men in the kingdom are at least as generous and benevolent as the Persian king who extended his sceptre of favor and granted Esther whatever she wished, up to half of the kingdom! :) How sweet is that...and from a man historically known to have a terrible raging temper, I've heard said.

Of course, the topic is polygyny, but poly marriages have to have everything down right all the more - cuz the problems can be multiplied.
I will sift the house of Ephraim among all nations, as grain is sifted in a
sieve; yet shall not the least kernel fall upon the earth. (Amos 9:9)

principessa-yisraeliana

Postby principessa-yisraeliana » 10 Mar 2008, 18:41

2:7 And he brought up Hadassah, that is, Esther, his uncle's daughter: for she had neither father nor mother, and the maid was fair and beautiful; whom Mordecai, when her father and mother were dead, took for his own daughter.

2:8 So it came to pass, when the king's commandment and his decree was heard, and when many maidens were gathered together unto Shushan the palace, to the custody of Hegai, that Esther was brought also unto the king's house, to the custody of Hegai, keeper of the women.

2:9 And the maiden pleased him, and she obtained kindness of him; and he speedily gave her her things for purification, with such things as belonged to her, and seven maidens, which were meet to be given her, out of the king's house: and he preferred her and her maids unto the best place of the house of the women.

2:10 Esther had not shewed her people nor her kindred: for Mordecai had charged her that she should not shew it.

2:11 And Mordecai walked every day before the court of the women's house, to know how Esther did, and what should become of her.

2:12 Now when every maid's turn was come to go in to king Ahasuerus, after that she had been twelve months, according to the manner of the women, (for so were the days of their purifications accomplished, to wit, six months with oil of myrrh, and six months with sweet odours, and with other things for the purifying of the women;)

2:13 Then thus came every maiden unto the king; whatsoever she desired was given her to go with her out of the house of the women unto the king's house.

2:14 In the evening she went, and on the morrow she returned into the second house of the women, to the custody of Shaashgaz, the king's chamberlain, which kept the concubines: she came in unto the king no more, except the king delighted in her, and that she were called by name.

2:15 Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her for his daughter, was come to go in unto the king, she required nothing but what Hegai the king's chamberlain, the keeper of the women, appointed. And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her.

2:16 So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.

I have always believed that the extent of Mordechai's involvement is inferred - and he did take Mordechai to be as his own daughter in her parents' stead.

Altho, the king definitely looked at the young maidens as his property because he was the Sovereign.
I will sift the house of Ephraim among all nations, as grain is sifted in a

sieve; yet shall not the least kernel fall upon the earth. (Amos 9:9)

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 11 Mar 2008, 01:39

)
oh my...we are slipping downhill fast here, methinks! too funny. i actually didn't notice that one until you pointed it out!

I'm a man... What can I say :)

Anyway, my view of this topic is inclusive, not exclusive. I agree with you about the true scriptural love, and that LOVE in it's purest sense as meant by the Creator will fulfill the righteous requirements of the Law. That will include protection and provision.

This is true. A man who doesn't seek to protect and provide for his wife is no man at all and certainly doesn't "love" her.

I think I took issue that women should impose a "standard" of provision on men that is higher than the Scriptures require.

My concern was that too many women that I see think that love is 'romantical' (that was a word used by Alfalfa in that Spanky & the Gang movie of the last decade or so) and that they can just ignore any pragmatic considerations about provision, etc. until they're already in a mess with a guy that doesn't really have the right attitude or personal ethics. In my experience in observing relationships and also business deals gone sour, people put together a deal or agreement but never give serious attention to the particulars and ASSUME much. I don't see anything wrong with serious discussion about finances.

You are absolutely right. If a woman is negotiating her own "contract", she should definitely know what she's getting herself into in every way, including financial.

If Cheri is saying that women believe that "love will conquer all" so much that they IGNORE the signs that a man might be a lazy, dead beat, then she is right. Most women (and men) find out the hard way that there ain't enough love to conquer such things. Unless you went in knowing he was a lazy, dead beat...

Hopefully men in the kingdom are at least as generous and benevolent as the Persian king who extended his sceptre of favor and granted Esther whatever she wished, up to half of the kingdom! :) How sweet is that...and from a man historically known to have a terrible raging temper, I've heard said.

Girl please! I would love to have the power to tell my wife when she can and cannot enter into my presence!!!

Of course, the topic is polygyny, but poly marriages have to have everything down right all the more - cuz the problems can be multiplied.

Surely this is true.
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

Chayil_Ishshah

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 11 Mar 2008, 13:13

eriqbenel wrote:
Girl please! I would love to have the power to tell my wife when she can and cannot enter into my presence!!!

Isn't that called selective hearing by today's standards? :mrgreen: :?: :mrgreen: :lol:

TrueGirlPower

Postby TrueGirlPower » 19 Mar 2008, 00:55

Shalom! Sorrys; I've been preparing for house guests as of late; I've not looked at the forum in a week or to. :(

[quote="eriqbenel"]Dear Sister Adrienne,

There is a difference between marrying “forâ€

yhuhsmessenger

Re: polygyny

Postby yhuhsmessenger » 07 Jul 2015, 08:29

Poly was MY suggestion to my husband which came at him from out of nowhere. YHUH put on my heart through bible study and prayer to become a sister wife. I am not depressed nor oppressed, either, unless you want to call the government's laws against polygyny, oppression. I am excited about this opportunity to play such an important and prophetic part in enlarging the beautiful tents of Jacob, if YHUH were to bring that to pass. I don't want to just tolerate the other woman, I am looking forward to having a close, like-minded female friend and sister in YHUH in the same home and family. Polygyny not only benefits men, but women as well, not to mention the Kingdom. My husband and children all agree that it would be a blessing.

YHUH gave heed to Leah, and she conceived and bore Jacob a fifth son. Then Leah said, "YHUH has given me my wages because I gave my maid to my husband." So she named him Issachar. Leah conceived again and bore a sixth son to Jacob.…Genesis 30:17-19

Apparently Leah understood that YHUH blesses women who bless their husbands with other wives, lol.

"The heart of her husband trusts in her, And he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil All the days of her life." Proverbs 31:11-12

Return to “Discussion Forum”