"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

polygyny

Moderator: Watchman555

kathybyers2000

{{{ADRIANNE}}}

Postby kathybyers2000 » 19 Feb 2008, 12:50

Greetings sister.

Thanks so much for joining us at this forum. This seems to be the "controversial" discussion forum (I love it here). I am glad to see you join us. The more the merrier. Sorry to hear that they booted you from YahSpace (crazy) - their loss. I find as of late, that non-believers are more accepting of me than the believers are. And def. don't want to be witness to the judgment that comes upon another by them saying what is good is evil within me (it's happened, didn't like it). <To elaborate - was a member of an online forum in which the owner and her good friend both stated plainly that by believing in polygyny I was doing the work of satan and the daughter of the evil one and so I left the forum only to discover that there were flying accusations after my departure followed by a very long silence. The group crashed and it took some time before it was up again. He will silence those whom He loves, who place themselves in folly.

Adrianne, it is great to see you here. Have a blessed day sister.

Shalom,

Kathy

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 19 Feb 2008, 17:18

TrueGirlPower wrote:Shalom Y'all!

I'm very new here (just joined actually), but WOW; it is SO amazing to see fellow brothers and sisters discussing things like polygamy. I was just banned from YahSpace for posting an article as such. lol

*Throwing my hat into the ring*
Have any here read these articles? They explain in good detail what y'all are talking about here.

Objection to Polygamy, and Their Common-Sense Answers By Sam Chapman
BIBLICAL PLURAL MARRIAGES RIGHT OR WRONG? WHAT DOES YAHUAH SAY?

Also, here are some articles about Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage; kinda off subject, but it goes into a LOT of what Bro. kickme is talking about.

Marriage, Divorce and Remarriage. by Scott Diffenderfer
What God Has Joined (What does the Bible really teach about divorce?)

There are more, but these will do fine.

I learned about polygamy almost a year ago. The the question was first brought to me, I was kinda like, "can this still be scriptural for today?". Like most, I thought that a man having more than one wife was PURE adultery; I didn't stop to think of our forefathers and foremothers whom had and were in polygamous relationships. Shoot, if it wasn't for them, we would not be here.

Anyways, I studied it out for myself, and WOW; I just saw it.
Ever since then, I just new that Yah wanted me in such a relationship. Well...at least I "thought" it was...no need to open that can of worms. *sighs*

Anyways, I personally see no problems with polygamy what so ever. I see it as a good thing.

Watchman555 said above "what would be some of the reasons for having multiple wives in this season?"
Well, I am sure it varies from man to man and even from woman to woman, but said brother whom I was involved with (not naming names) wanted a big family. He wanted to start a farm and live off the land that Yah would provide us. It was very sweet and endearing actually.
And to be honest, if given the chance, I'd still do it.

I believe whole heartedly the polygamy is both a good and positive thing; it CAN work. All parties have to be of one mind. If there is no unity, it will only cause strife, and if one is using and or lying to the other, it will only end in heart ache.

Shalom and hugs to all.
Adrianne ~

Don't take this the wrong way sister, but are you married now?
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

kathybyers2000

LOL

Postby kathybyers2000 » 20 Feb 2008, 13:01

You are too funny Eriq. What is it you mean to imply by this question? :lol:

Shalom,

Kathy

eriqbenel

Re: LOL

Postby eriqbenel » 20 Feb 2008, 13:37

kathybyers2000 wrote:You are too funny Eriq. What is it you mean to imply by this question? :lol:

Shalom,

Kathy

Nothing! :wink:

I was just curious, I swear... :shock: :oops:

Eriq

Chayil_Ishshah

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 20 Feb 2008, 14:08

Shalom Adrianne and welcome!

You said:
TrueGirlPower wrote:I was just banned from YahSpace for posting an article as such. lol

I am in wonderment exactly what occurred. You see, our daughter Ginnie wanted to join Yahspace and we told her no, we didn't have a tov (good) feeling about it. I initially thought it had something to do with the 2 house restoration, mainly because my husband and I haven't studied all of that and I was unsure about the whole thing, as far as "the two house nazarine Israel myspace" and then not being able to read their core beliefs without registering... :?

Perhaps Yahuah was having us tell her no for another reason entirely...

Just out of wonderment. Thanks Sis.

~dawn

kathybyers2000

oh too much

Postby kathybyers2000 » 20 Feb 2008, 14:11

You are funny. No need to swear. :wink:

Adrianne is a friend of mine. Not sure how often she will visit this space, but I don't mind letting you know that she is not yet married. :)

Shalom,

Kathy

eriqbenel

Re: oh too much

Postby eriqbenel » 21 Feb 2008, 00:26

kathybyers2000 wrote:You are funny. No need to swear. :wink:

Adrianne is a friend of mine. Not sure how often she will visit this space, but I don't mind letting you know that she is not yet married. :)

Shalom,

Kathy

Reeeeaaalllyyyyy... :D No. Just kidding. You are married though, aren't you Kathy? :?:

I am looking for a single woman to ask a question

Eriq

kathybyers2000

yes...

Postby kathybyers2000 » 21 Feb 2008, 02:47

I am married. Can't wait to see what the question is though (just cuz I can be a tad nosey when my mind is tweeked just right) :D

Shalom,

Kathy

Debbie

Postby Debbie » 21 Feb 2008, 05:24

Eriq,
I am a single woman and plan on staying that way. Ask me your question.
Look only for the good in everything, so you absorb the quality of beauty

TrueGirlPower

Re: {{{ADRIANNE}}}

Postby TrueGirlPower » 21 Feb 2008, 08:12

kathybyers2000 wrote:Greetings sister.

Thanks so much for joining us at this forum. This seems to be the "controversial" discussion forum (I love it here). I am glad to see you join us. The more the merrier. Sorry to hear that they booted you from YahSpace (crazy) - their loss. I find as of late, that non-believers are more accepting of me than the believers are. And def. don't want to be witness to the judgment that comes upon another by them saying what is good is evil within me (it's happened, didn't like it). <To elaborate - was a member of an online forum in which the owner and her good friend both stated plainly that by believing in polygyny I was doing the work of satan and the daughter of the evil one and so I left the forum only to discover that there were flying accusations after my departure followed by a very long silence. The group crashed and it took some time before it was up again. He will silence those whom He loves, who place themselves in folly.

Adrianne, it is great to see you here. Have a blessed day sister.

Shalom,

Kathy

Shalom, Shalom, SHALOM!

OMGosh, this is SO wonderful. Thank you SO much for the invite. :)

Well, the YahSpace guy got back to me; he said that he did not mean to ban me, but wanted to delete my blogs about polygamy and about the LUNAR SABBATH. He said something about no Lunar Sabbath stuff there. OUCH! Another brother trying to cover up Yah's truth. :(

Interesting about the other group.

Yahuah bless you all!
Adrianne ~

TrueGirlPower

Postby TrueGirlPower » 21 Feb 2008, 08:15

eriqbenel wrote:Don't take this the wrong way sister, but are you married now?

lol No sir, I'm not, but Yah willing someday. :)

Shalom!
Adrianne ~

TrueGirlPower

Postby TrueGirlPower » 21 Feb 2008, 08:24

Chayil_Ishshah wrote:Shalom Adrianne and welcome!

You said:
TrueGirlPower wrote:I was just banned from YahSpace for posting an article as such. lol

I am in wonderment exactly what occurred. You see, our daughter Ginnie wanted to join Yahspace and we told her no, we didn't have a tov (good) feeling about it. I initially thought it had something to do with the 2 house restoration, mainly because my husband and I haven't studied all of that and I was unsure about the whole thing, as far as "the two house nazarine Israel myspace" and then not being able to read their core beliefs without registering... :?

Perhaps Yahuah was having us tell her no for another reason entirely...

Just out of wonderment. Thanks Sis.

~dawn

Shalom Dawn!

The owner of YahSpace told me it was an accident banning me. He only meant to delete my blogs about polygamy, and to delete EVERYTHING I have about the Lunar Sabbath. He is VERY apposed to Lunar Sabbath; which I had know idea of; not shock however. His website is very miss leading; there a question he put for everyone to answer on there own pages; it asked something like 'how do you reckon the Sabbath? fri sundown to sat sundown, by the moon' and some other options. From that, I "thought" he may be open to Yah's true Sabbath.

I have been thinking for a long wile not to start a community for Lunar Sabbath keepers. I don;t have a tone of knolige about "web stuff" but I think I could do it. idk...not sure if Yah is calling me to that or now. I guess I should really pray about it.

I hope this helps.
*BIG HUGS ALL*
Adrianne ~

TrueGirlPower

Re: oh too much

Postby TrueGirlPower » 21 Feb 2008, 08:33

eriqbenel wrote:I am looking for a single woman to ask a question

You have both Debbie and I here; ask away! Though, I kind of think I know what question you are wanting to ask.

By any chance, is it something like "would you want to be in a polygamous marriage?"?
I've been asked that before, SO maybe that could be the question.

Hugs & Shalom!
Adrianne ~

BTW, here is a link to the The Polygamy Sourcebook
It was done by a good friend and brother of mine.[/url]

JMSchattke

Postby JMSchattke » 21 Feb 2008, 13:35

Honestly, I think anyone who thinks that a man marrying multiple women at the same time is "unscriptural" just does not know the scriptures.

Monogamy, like Sunday as the rest day, is a Popism. Made up by the Pope for control. And another example of why almost all "protestants" aren't protesting and are insincere in "sola scrupitura" - the claim that the Bible is their sole authority.

Most people are frightened, but I know "perfect love casts out fear."
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 21 Feb 2008, 13:41

Debbie wrote:Eriq,
I am a single woman and plan on staying that way. Ask me your question.

Shalom Debbie!

I would ask you but the "plan to stay that way" comment sort of disqualifies you. :)

I hope you are not anti-man or marriage. Have you been hurt? Do you need a hug? Ladies.... give Debbie a hug please! :D :mrgreen:

Eriq

Return to “Discussion Forum”