"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Are there no courageous men left? [Banned from EliYah.com]

Moderator: Watchman555

kickme

Postby kickme » 31 Jan 2008, 00:51

how about a good ole pistol duel?
that oughta settle it! :wink:

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 31 Jan 2008, 01:06

Ha Ha Ha !!!! Are you from Texas ? Your comment sounds like the wild wild west..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it!!! Thank you for making me laugh...
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

kickme

Postby kickme » 31 Jan 2008, 11:15

nah, I'm just a redneck yankee
being born yankee and raised rebel does weird things to the brain

this is your brain
this is your brain on christianity
any questions?

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 08 Mar 2008, 15:48

Shalom All~

Well, it's official. We got da boot from Tom at eliyah.com! Wasn't even allowed to say goodbye. I suppose we can chalk this one up for ourselves as prophecy being fulfilled.

Yahuchanon 16:2
“They shall put you out of the congregations, but an hour is coming when everyone who kills you shall think he is rendering service to Elohim.

HalleluYah! Yahuah be praised in all things.

I have sent Tom an e-mail and Yahuah willing, according to his response (if any) I will share it with you later.

~Greg

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 08 Mar 2008, 17:18

Watchman555 wrote:Shalom All~

Well, it's official. We got da boot from Tom at eliyah.com! Wasn't even allowed to say goodbye. I suppose we can chalk this one up for ourselves as prophecy being fulfilled.

Yahuchanon 16:2
“They shall put you out of the congregations, but an hour is coming when everyone who kills you shall think he is rendering service to Elohim.

HalleluYah! Yahuah be praised in all things.

I have sent Tom an e-mail and Yahuah willing, according to his response (if any) I will share it with you later.

~Greg

Hey Greg,

Do you have any clue as to why you were booted?
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 08 Mar 2008, 17:38

Greetings Eriq~

This was my last post at eliyah.com; if you care to read the whole thing; otherwise, I think the part that will answer your question is in orange.

True Shalom only in Messiah,

~Greg

quote:Originally posted by JourneyHome:
Blessings Greg,

I sure do not intend to answer for Eliyah about your questions, but I would like to offer my perspective for your consideration.

The reason for rules is so there is unity and there in not any problems about doctrines.

If there was a 'Christian' that did not yet believe in keepng the Seventh Day Sabbath, but was there to learn and hear so that he could be educated, then I think he would be allowed. If there was a 'Christian' that was a preacher and he wanted to come to refute the Seventh Day Sabbath, then I think he would not be allowed to attend.

It would be my opinion that someone that is considering the Lunar Sabbath and was not sure which one was correct, but agreed that it would not be a topic of discussion with anyone at anytime during the Feast, then I think he would be allowed.

Since you agree that the Sabbath is for today and should be kept, which one are you currently observing? If it 'Saturday' I think you would have a reason to approach Eliyah. If it is 'Lunar', then I think it would not be a good idea.

The whole point of the Feast is unity in spirit and you just can not have that when people see things different on doctrine and it would be a subject of contention.

Hope that helps.

Peace,

JourneyHome

MY REPLY

Shalom JourneyHome,

Thanks for your perspective. I very much agree with what you are saying here and I 100% agree that we should be in unity and not be divided by doctrine, yet here's another one of those reality checks. At this point in time the Body of Messiah does seem to be divided in many different doctrine areas.

I really didn't want to go into the lunar reckoning deal, I mean my intentions right now are not to promote the lunar reckoning, but I would like to say honestly there are other doctrines that can be quite contentious also, it's a matter of the intentions of a person. I mean, if somebody just went to the Feast to promote lunar reckoning or promote anti-Sha'ul, (in which we know full well that there are individuals who do post on this site that are, in fact, anti-Sha'ul)if they're going there just to do that, then they have the wrong motives. What I would like to point out concerning that - Yahusha said, "He who receives you receives Me, he who does not receive you does not receive Me, nor the One Who sent Me." Some believe keeping the 7th-day Sabbath according to the lunar reckoning is a grievious sin and it could be, but if the 7-day continual is wrong, then it also is a sin, too. If Sha'ul is indeed an emissary and he is rejected by an individual, then have they not rejected also the Messiah? So which is worse? Believing in Yahusha, believing all that is required by the testing of the spirit, and believing and being convicted that they are keeping the 7th-day on the correct day versus one who in Yahusha's own words, have rejected Him by rejecting someone He has sent? To tell you the truth, I see the contention of the subject on both sides, but from my perspective I see individuals on both sides of the Sabbath issue confessing the Master and trying to be as obedient as they can to the Torah. So which is worse? Keeping the Sabbath on the wrong day or rejecting one that Yahusha has sent? Another point that could be contentious is when we observe the new moon. Some people keep the 1st light and some people keep the visible crescent as the 1st day of the month. Which no doubt will throw the Feasts off by 1-2 days. So there could possibly be those attending this very Feast that are keeping the High Days differently. Truly, if you're keeping the High Days differently according to different timing, then one of the other is also breaking that Sabbath. Right?

You know when I first responded to this post I'm sure there were those saying, "Oh, here he goes again...trying to bring up the lunar deal". To tell you the truth, I really don't care. Everyone here has the same opportunity to study it for themselves and that's all I would suggest. When somebody becomes convicted of something, they should stand firm, but that does not mean that one has to beat somebody else over the head with it or belittle them. I mean, the Scriptures are very clear:

Matt. 5:19:
19 “Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the heavens; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.

It is very obvious here, there will be those who broke commandments and even taught others the same will be allowed to be in the reign of the heavens. Truthfully, I believe Yahuah is understanding enough and compassionate enough to forgive us even though we were deceived into breaking the Sabbath. Which ever way it goes. Like I said before, which is worse? The one breaking the Sabbath or the one rejecting the one whom Messiah has sent.

That's why I brought up this topic. It's not about the Sabbath. It's about rejecting others. I do have concern for the judgment in which all of us mete out, because it very well could be met back to us. Think about what is being done here, that's all I'm asking. Believe me, there are people that keep the first day of the week, that keep the 7th-day of the week, that keep the lunar reckoning, that can be mature enough to look past the differences and understand that we are all on a path seeking to do what is pleasing to our Abba in the heavens.

I will be open and honest with you, at the turn of the year we will be going to the lunar reckoning, and as you know we will no longer be permitted to post on this forum. So I guess we will only be able to post here for another 18 days or so.

We will be having a small gathering for Passover and ULB; some of us will be keeping the lunar reckoning, and some of us will be keeping another 7th-day, we have already decided to accommodate them in their beliefs and we look forward to growing with these individuals together. Because even though we keep a different 7th-day, our Redeemer remains the same.

May Yahuah show kindness and compassion to us all,

~Greg

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 08 Mar 2008, 21:41

Brother Greg,

That was a great post.

I guess you were banned for the same reason we were, Tom's cowardice.

Eriq

kickme

Postby kickme » 08 Mar 2008, 23:35

well, I'm a 7 day continual keeper, and I expressed my concerns to this brother, may Yahweh do the work from here on....

chosen

Postby chosen » 08 Mar 2008, 23:40

which brother, kick me?

kickme

Postby kickme » 08 Mar 2008, 23:46

well, I'd rather not say, and let Yahweh bring any seeds he wishes to bear fruit

Chayil_Ishshah

Postby Chayil_Ishshah » 09 Mar 2008, 00:32

Nice try chosen, but your post on tom's forum was deleted.

Were you also?

8)

~dawn

chosen

Postby chosen » 09 Mar 2008, 16:40

one word for tom:

FEAR :oops:

chosen

chosen

Postby chosen » 09 Mar 2008, 16:52

this is what i posted at tom's.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what are you so afraid of, tom? you deleted my post to journey home and for what reason? renae posts things written by shield of david (who was banned for believing in the lunar sabbath) all the time and you don't delete those posts. the answer i provided for greg and dawn to the question that journey home asked had nothing to do with the lunar sabbath.

i hope journey home saw the answer before you deleted it. if not, journey home, please could you give me your email, if you are really interested in the "requirements" for inclusion of the Passover at greg and dawns.

shalom,

angeL/chosen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we'll see how long he lets that stay.

chosen

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 09 Mar 2008, 16:55

Brother Arnold and I were discussing this issue recently and we have seen this pattern every single time when somebody can't defend their doctrine in Scripture.

"Truth has no fear of open debate"

Individuals like Tom and Troy feel as though they have to "protect" people from false doctrine by "hiding" information from them!

We are all adults, perfectly capable of deciding for ourrselves what we want to believe. Adults certainly don't need anybody to "hide" information from them to protect their faith. Neither the Messiah, the prophets, Apostles or even YHWH ever did anything like that.

If you want to protect people, preach the word and speak out against false doctrine, but you can't "hide" information from people. Only coward's "hide".

Eriq

chosen

Postby chosen » 09 Mar 2008, 17:16

it's gone.

what a surprise!

NOT

didn't take him long to do that.

this is what i posted, notice i am not banned, yet!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

journey home,

could you please email me.

mrshopperton at hotmail dot com

thank you,

angeL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let's see how long that lasts.

chosen

Return to “Discussion Forum”