"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

The Manna in the wilderness

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

The Manna in the wilderness

Postby Watchman555 » 06 Mar 2015, 15:33

Here is an interesting claim against the lunar reckoning....

“According to the Scroll of Yashar- THE MANNA STOPPED ON THE 15TH DAY OF THE MONTH OF ABIB.”

Yashar Chapter 88

12 “AND THE MANNA CEASED AT THAT TIME ON THE>MORROW< OF THE PASSOVER, and there was no more manna for the children of Israel, and they ate of the produce of the land of Canaan.”

-> Notice that it states that “the manna ceased at that time on the morrow of the Passover”? That means that the manna was not found as expected (forty years’ worth) on the next day AFTER Passover. ->

If the 15th of the month was a lunar based Sabbath (as per LSD claims), and as a norm, the manna would not be found on the 7th day Sabbath. Thus the above reference would be a moot point to have mentioned it. For it would have been the norm that there would be no manna on the 7th day Sabbath of Lev. 23:3, and that the manna would have not been found on the next day (the 16th), and that the writer of the Book of Yashar would then have mentioned that the manna had stopped on the 16th being two days after the Passover instead of the day after the Passover.

Response:

Joshua 5
10 And the children of Yisra’el camped in Gilgal, and performed the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month at evening on the desert plains of Yeriḥo.
11 And THEY ATE OF THE STORED GRAIN OF THE LAND ON THE >MORROW< AFTER THE PASSOVER,unleavened bread and roasted grain ON THIS SAME DAY.
12 And THE MANNA CEASED ON THE DAY AFTER THEY HAD EATEN THE STORED GRAIN OF THE LAND. And the children of Yisra’el no longer had manna, but they ate the food of the land of Kenaʽan that year.

According to Yasher the manna ceased on the 15th, the morrow after the Passover, the day they ate the stored grain of the land. According to the Scriptures it ceased on the morrow after they ate the stored grain on the 15th, the 16th.

Yashar Chapter 88
12 “AND THE MANNA CEASED AT THAT TIME ON THE >MORROW< OF THE PASSOVER, (The 15th)

Joshua 5
12 And THE MANNA CEASED ON THE DAY AFTER THEY HAD EATEN THE STORED GRAIN OF THE LAND. (The 16th)

Is there a contradiction between the book of Yashar and the Scriptures?

Is this a mistake? Which one is correct? The answer is they BOTH are correct...

The 15th is the 7th day Sabbath by lunar reckoning, the manna ceases on the 7th day. This means the 1st day of the week, the 16th, it should have resumed falling … But it ceased to fall at its scheduled time.

The only way these two witnesses can be correct is with the lunar reckoning.

Let me correct that statement... They would have to admit that the Passover (14th) was 6th day, the 15th was 7th day, and the 16th was the 1st day....

One is saying the manna ceased on the 15th the other on the 16th... Both are correct...

More importantly let us not forget...

Exodus 16
35 And the children of Yisra’el ATE MANNA FORTY YEARS,until they came to an inhabited land. They ate manna until they came to the border of the land of Kenaʽan.

When did it start?

Exodus 16
1 And they set out from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Yisra'el came to the Wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, ON THE FIFTEENTH DAY OF THE SECOND MONTH after their going out of the land of Mitsrayim.
2 And all the congregation of the children of Yisra’el grumbled against Mosheh and Aharon in the wilderness.

Exodus 16

8 And Mosheh said, “In that Yahuah gives you meat to eat in the evening, (The 15th) and in the morning bread to satisfaction, (the 16th)

The manna started to fall on 2/16

Exodus 16
21 And they gathered it every morning, each one according to his need. And when the sun became hot, it melted.
22 And it came to be, on the sixth day, that they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for each one. And all the rulers of the congregation came and told Mosheh.
23 And he said to them, “This is what Yahuah has said, ‘Tomorrow is a rest, a Sabbath set-apart to Yahuah. That which you bake, bake; and that which you cook, cook. And lay up for yourselves all that is left over, to keep it until morning.’ ”
24 And they laid it up till morning, as Mosheh commanded. And it did not stink, and no worm was in it.
25 And Mosheh said, “Eat it today, for today is a Sabbath to Yahuah, today you do not find it in the field.

They first started to gather the manna on 2/16 which was a 1st day of the week the morrow after a 7th day... The last day the manna fell was 1/14 a 6th day of the week the day before the Sabbath.

Remember what Yahusha said.

Yahuchanon 6

31 “Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, as it has been written, ‘He gave them bread out of the heaven to eat.’”
32 Therefore Yahusha said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, Mosheh did not give you the bread out of the heaven, but MY FATHER GIVES YOU THE TRUE BREAD OUT OF THE HEAVEN.
33 “FOR THE BREAD OF ELOHIM IS HE WHO COMES DOWN OUT OF THE HEAVEN AND GIVES LIFE TO THE WORLD.”
34 So they said to Him, “Master, give us this bread always.”
35 And Yahusha said to them, “I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE. He who comes to Me shall not get hungry at all, and he who believes in Me shall not get thirsty at all.
36 “But I said to you that you have seen Me, and still do not believe.
37 “All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I shall by no means cast out.
38 “Because I have come down out of the heaven, not to do My own desire, but the desire of Him who sent Me.
39 “This is the desire of the Father who sent Me, that all He has given Me I should not lose of it, but should raise it in the last day.
40 “And this is the desire of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him should possess everlasting life. And I shall raise him up in the last day.”
41 Therefore the Yehuḏim were grumbling against Him, because He said, “I AM THE BREAD WHICH CAME DOWN OUT OF THE HEAVEN.”
42 And they said, “Is not this Yahusha, the son of Yoseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that He says, ‘I have come down out of the heaven’?”
43 Then Yahusha answered and said to them, “Do not grumble with one another.
44 “No one is able to come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him. And I shall raise him up in the last day.
45 “It has been written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by Yahuah. ’Everyone, then, who has heard from the Father, and learned, comes to Me.
46 “Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from Elohim – He has seen the Father.
47 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me possesses everlasting life.
48 “I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE.
49 “Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness and they died.
50 “THIS IS THE BREAD WHICH COMES DOWN OUT OF THE HEAVEN, SO THAT ANYONE MIGHT EAT OF IT, AND NOT DIE.
51 “I AM THE LIVING BREAD WHICH CAME DOWN OUT OF THE HEAVEN. IF ANYONE EATS OF THIS BREAD, HE SHALL LIVE FOREVER. AND INDEED, >>THE BREAD THAT I SHALL GIVE IS MY FLESH,<< >>WHICH I SHALL GIVE FOR THE LIFE OF THE WORLD.”
52 The Yehuḏim, therefore, were striving with one another, saying, “How is this One able to give us His flesh to eat?”
53 Yahusha therefore said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Aḏam and drink His blood, you possess no life in yourselves.
54 “HE WHO EATS MY FLESH AND DRINKS MY BLOOD POSSESSES EVERLASTING LIFE, AND I SHALL RAISE HIM UP IN THE LAST DAY.
55 “For My flesh is truly food, and My blood is truly drink.
56 “He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood stays in Me, and I in him.
57 “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me shall live because of Me.
58 “THIS IS THE BREAD WHICH CAME DOWN OUT OF THE HEAVEN, not as your fathers ate the manna and died. He who eats this bread shall live forever.”

Remember the last day of the physical manna last fell the morning of 1/14, Yahusha's trial began the morning of 1/14.

Matthew 27
1 And morning having come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Yahusha,so as to put Him to death.

Exodus 16
22 And it came to be, on the sixth day, that they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for each one. And all the rulers of the congregation came and told Mosheh.
23 And he said to them, “This is what Yahuah has said, ‘Tomorrow is a rest, a Sabbath set-apart to Yahuah

Yahuchanon 19
31 Therefore, since it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the stake on the Sabbath – for that Sabbath was a high one – the Yehuḏim asked Pilate to have their legs broken, and that they be taken away.

And when did the Manna From Heaven appear?

Mark 16
9 And HAVING RISEN EARLY ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, He appeared first to Miryam from Magdala,

Luke 24
1 And ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared,
2 and they found the stone rolled away from the tomb.
3 And having entered, they did not find the body of the Master Yahusha.
4 And it came to be, as they were perplexed about this, that see, two men stood by them in glittering garments.
5 And becoming frightened and bowing their faces to the earth, these said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead?
6 “He is not here, but has been raised up! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galil,
7 saying, ‘THE SON OF ADAM HAS TO BE DELIVERED INTO THE HANDS OF SINNERS, AND BE IMPALED, AND THE THIRD DAY RISE AGAIN.’ ”

Yahuchanon 6
33 “For the bread of Elohim is He who comes down out of the heaven and gives life to the world.”
34 So they said to Him, “Master, give us this bread always.”

1/16 the true Bread

Give us this bread always!!!!!

Return to “Discussion Forum”