"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Invisible Qualities

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Invisible Qualities

Postby Watchman555 » 14 Mar 2014, 17:39

Rom 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible qualities have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, both His everlasting power and Mightiness, for them to be without excuse,

I would like to delve into some of the invisible qualities of Yahuah. According to the Scripture we can gain understanding from what has been made.

Gen 1:16
And Elohim made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars.

In this verse we see the sun referred to as the greater light to rule the day the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars. According to these next Scriptures we can gain an understanding that the messengers are referred to as stars.

Rev 12:3-4

3 And another sign was seen in the heaven: and see, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns on his heads.
4 And his tail draws a third of the stars of the heaven and throws them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Dan 8:8-11

8 And the male goat became very great. But when he was strong, the large horn was broken, and in place of it four conspicuous ones came up toward the four winds of the heavens.
9 And from one of them came a little horn which became exceedingly great toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the Splendid Land.
10 And it became great, up to the host of the heavens. And it caused some of the host and some of the stars to fall to the earth, and trampled them down.
11 It even exalted itself as high as the Prince of the host. And it took that which is continual away from Him, and threw down the foundation of His set-apart place.

Job 38:7
when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of Elohim shouted for joy?

Not only are the stars equated with messengers but with people also.

Gen 37:9-10
9 And he dreamed still another dream and related it to his brothers, and said, “See, I have dreamed another dream, and see, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars bowed down to me.”
10 And he related it to his father and his brothers. And his father rebuked him and said to him, “What is this dream that you have dreamed? Shall we, your mother and I and your brothers, indeed come to bow down to the earth before you?”

Yahuah gave this dream in which He likened the 11 stars to be Yoseph’s brothers, He reckoned the sun and the moon to be Yoseph’s father and mother. I believe we can assume that the sun would represent his father because it is the greater light and the moon would represent his mother as the lesser light.

1Co 15:40-42
40 And there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the esteem of the heavenly is truly one, and the esteem of the earthly is another,
41 one esteem of the sun, and another esteem of the moon, and another esteem of the stars – for star differs from star in esteem.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead: it is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption;

We can see here that the sun and the moon and the starts each have a different esteem; even the stars differ in esteem. So also is those who let their light shine before men. Some shine brighter than others.

Again, Genesis –

Gen 1:16
And Elohim made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars.

Obviously the sun is the greater light and it rules the day. The lesser light, the moon rules the night. I want to make very clear at this point that we do not worship the sun, the moon, nor the stars. The Scripture confirms that we can understand spiritual things through what has been created and we are doing this comparison to understand not only the physical order to the luminaries but the spiritual order in which they have a comparison.

Jas 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no change, nor shadow of turning.

Mal 3:6
“For I am Yahuah, I shall not change, and you, O sons of Yaʽaqob, shall not come to an end.

I am suggesting that as the sun and moon represented Yoseph’s father and mother, so in like manner the sun and moon follow a manner of headship order which would be likened to father and first-born son that also has a mother connotation in order. If we look at the sun and the moon; the sun has no shadow of turning while the moon does have a shadow of turning. We know that without the sun there is no life in the physical. And without the Father there is no life also. The sun is a continuously burning orb with its continuing light, unchanging. The sun is a fire and fire is directly related to spirit in the Scriptures. The moon on the other hand, the lesser light, is a rock. Messiah is referred to as a Rock. The moon was made to rule over the night.

2Pe 1:17-19
17 For when He received respect and esteem from Elohim the Father, such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Esteem, “This is My Son, the Beloved in whom I did delight.”
18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the set-apart mountain.
19 And we have the prophetic word made more certain, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts,

Yahusha is the Light that shines in a dark place. He has also been given the authority to rule over the spiritual principalities and powers of darkness. All power and authority has been given by Yahuah to Yahusha. The light of the physical moon is a direct reflection of the sun. The moon does not produce light on its own.

Joh 14:8-10
8 Philip said to Him, “Master, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
9 Yahusha said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.

Joh 12:44-47
44 Then Yahusha cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me.
45 “And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.
46 “I have come as a light into the world, so that no one who believes in Me should stay in darkness.
47 “And if anyone hears My Words but does not watch over them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

These verses clearly show that Yahusha is a direct reflection of the Father Who sent Him. As with the light seen on the moon; it is a direct reflection of the luminary where the light originates; the sun.

We know that the appointed times are according to days of the month. We also know that these appointed times are shadows of things to come pertaining to Yahusha.

Col 2:16-17
16 Let no one therefore judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths –
17 which are a shadow of what is to come – but the Body of the Messiah.

Scripture confirms that the appointed times are to be reckoned by the moon.

Psa 104:19
He made the moon for appointed times; The sun knows its going down.

So why would the lesser light; which rules over the night be in charge of determining when the appointed times are? It’s very simple. Yahuah, the greater Light, put all things into the authority of the lesser Light, Yahusha.

Joh 3:35
“The Father loves the Son, and has given all into His hand.

Mat 12:8
“For the Son of Aḏam is Master of the Sabbath.”

So if Yahusha is the Master of the Sabbath why would the Sabbath not also be according to the moon in which all the other mo’edim (appointed times) follow? 

Part II

I don’t know if anybody has ever considered why we would use the moon to determine the appointed times as the Scriptures say.

Psa 104:19
He made the moon for appointed times; The sun knows its going down.

So why would Yahuah make the moon for appointed times? So let’s take a look at Bereshith to understand the moon a little better.

Gen 1:14-19

14 And Elohim said, “Let lights come to be in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be for signs and appointed times, and for days and years,
15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth.” And it came to be so.
16 And Elohim made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, and the stars.
17 And Elohim set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,
18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And Elohim saw that it was good.
19 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, the fourth day.

We know that these lights are both referred to as “great lights”, it even refers to the “greater” light that rules the day; which obviously is the sun because it is the source of light that causes day. And Yahuah appointed the lesser light to rule the night and the stars. In our common understanding I think most of us could agree that the moon is what determines the appointed times. The question is whether we should use the moon to determine the Sabbaths also. The question still lingers – why use the moon at all? Why not just use the sun because after all, it is the greater light. Let’s look at a few Scriptures to gain some understanding:

Rom 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible qualities have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, both His everlasting power and Mightiness, for them to be without excuse,

We can see that Elohim’s invisible qualities can be seen by what has been made and this is going back to Creation. We know in the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. We also know that the sun and the moon are in the heavens, so what kind of invisible qualities can we see in the sun and the moon?

Psa 19:1
The heavens are proclaiming the esteem of Ěl; And the expanse is declaring the work of His hand.

Who is Elohim’s hand? Yahusha?

It’s obvious that the sun and the moon are the most visible luminaries from our perspective and as the invisible qualities can be clearly seen by what has been made, what can we gain in understanding from the sun and the moon? Let us make a comparison between the sun and the moon, the greater light and the lesser light to the Father and the Son in which Yahusha said:

Joh 10:29-30
29 “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. And no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
30 “I and My Father are one.

Joh 14:28
“You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming to you.’ If you did love Me, you would have rejoiced that I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I.

Yahusha is saying that Abba is greater than Himself, He also said:

Joh 14:9-10
9 Yahusha said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, and how do you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself. But the Father who stays in Me does His works.

As Yahusha says here, “If you have seen Me you have seen the Father,” He says the “words that I speak to you I do not speak from Myself”. Now the sun is the greater the light, the moon is the lesser light so if we compare the greater light and the lesser light to the Father and the Son we can see a likeness in the qualities. Obviously the sun is the greater light for it in itself contains all light (from a physical perspective) the moon is only a reflection of the light of the sun as Yahusha was a direct reflection of the Father. So the light that we saw through Yahusha was the light of the Father being reflected.

1Jn 1:5
And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that Elohim is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

These qualities are very similar – Yahusha expressed Himself as a reflection of the Father, the moon is a reflection of the light given to it from the sun.

When we start to see this we can have a better understanding of why we use the moon for the appointed times. Yahusha tells us that even though the Father is greater that all things have been put into His hands –

Joh 3:35
“The Father loves the Son, and has given all into His hand.

Col 1:15-19
15 who is the likeness of the invisible Elohim, the first-born of all creation.
16 Because in Him were created all that are in the heavens and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or rulerships or principalities or authorities – all have been created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all, and in Him all hold together.
18 And He is the Head of the body, the assembly, who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that He might become the One who is first in all.
19 Because in Him all the completeness was well pleased to dwell,

Now to understand this a little better we see that the Father Who is greater than Yahusha (much like a father who gives his inheritance to the son) has given this Creation to Yahusha to do the Father’s will. Now don’t take me wrong, Yahusha is subordinate to the Father but the Father has placed Yahusha at His right hand.

Psa 110:1
Yahuah said to my Master, “Sit at My right hand, Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

Yahusha said that He came as a light into this world and as the moon was made to rule the night and night is a metaphor for evil things, so let’s look at some other Scriptures as Yahusha being light –

Joh 8:12
Therefore Yahusha spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall by no means walk in darkness, but possess the light of life.”

Joh 11:9-10
Yahusha answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.
10 “But if anyone walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.”

Joh 12:44-50
44 Then Yahusha cried out and said, “He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me.
45 “And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.
46 “I have come as a light into the world, so that no one who believes in Me should stay in darkness.
47 “And if anyone hears My Words but does not watch over them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48 “He who rejects Me, and does not receive My Words, has one who judges him: the Word that I have spoken shall judge him in the last day.
49 “Because I spoke not from Myself, but the Father who sent Me has given Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 “And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, as the Father has said to Me, so I speak.”

2 Pe 1:19
And we have the prophetic word made more certain, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts,

Joh 1:1-5
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Elohim, and the Word was Elohim.
2 He was in the beginning with Elohim.
3 All came to be through Him, and without Him not even one came to be that came to be.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Psa 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Yahuchanon 1:5 specifically says that Yahusha is the light that shines in the darkness and His word is a lamp unto our feet a light on the path. This shows a specific relationship between Yahusha and the moon because as the moon rules over the darkness of the night it was Yahusha that was given to rule over the darkness (evil of the earth). When we think about the sun as an orb it is all light, there is no darkness in it, there is no darkness in Yahusha either so this is metaphoric. The moon is the luminary that shines in the dark that is somewhat like a lamp unto our feet in the physical, so what these are is likenesses of the luminaries to Yahuah and Yahusha’s invisible qualities. When we recognize why we use the moon for the appointed times we can understand through these Scriptures the relationship the moon has with the sun as the Son has with the Father. Now if the Sabbath is not according to the moon as we have seen in Psalms 104:19 then not everything was given into His hand as Yahusha said, He is Master of the Sabbath. As I said, we can see a distinct understanding in the relationship between the luminaries and the relationship between the Father and the Son and if the Sabbath is not according to the moon then it is according to a solar count which comes from the sun; which means that was not given into the luminary of the moon but rather kept for the luminary of the sun; so technically not everything was given into His hands. We can also see why the lesser light is used to govern all the appointed times because as the Scriptures say:

Eph 1:17-23

17 that the Elohim of our Master Yahusha Messiah, the Father of esteem, would give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, so that you know what is the expectation of His calling, and what are the riches of the esteem of His inheritance in the set-apart ones,
19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who are believing, according to the working of His mighty strength,
20 which He wrought in the Messiah when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenlies,
21 far above all rule and authority and power and mastery, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
22 And He put all under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all, to the assembly,
23 which is His body, the completeness of Him who fills all in all.

Pro 30:4a
Who has gone up to the heavens and come down?

Joh 3:12-13
12 “If you do not believe when I spoke to you about earthly matters, how are you going to believe when I speak to you about the heavenly matters?
13 “And no one has gone up into the heaven except He who came down from the heaven – the Son of Aḏam.

Joh 16:28
“I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father.”

It seems that most everyone is in agreement that the appointed times are by the moon – barring Sabbath and in that most of us can recognize that all these appointed times directly point towards Yahusha, from the Passover to the Last Great Day – all these appointed times have great spiritual meanings, understandings, and fulfillment by our Messiah Yahusha. But oddly enough Yahusha is the Master of the Sabbath which some would say has nothing to do with the moon?

Return to “Discussion Forum”