"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Sonship Calling or Bridal Calling - Is There a Difference?

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Sonship Calling or Bridal Calling - Is There a Difference?

Postby Watchman555 » 11 Mar 2014, 20:02

I've heard many teachings concerning the Bridal Calling but I have heard very few teachings concerning Sonship. Are these two one and the same? Some say they are but I think after reading the relevant Scriptures concerning Son-ship we can see there is indeed a difference.

Yahusha said:

Mat 20:16 "Thus the last shall be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen."

Who are the first and who are the last? We could say that the children of Yisra'el, whom Yahuah brought forth from Mitsrayim, would be the first. After all, they were the first on earth that Yahuah gathered together to be His people. The last could be represented by those who will attain the first resurrection; which seems to be indicative of the 144,000.

Rev 7:1-3 And after this I saw four messengers standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another messenger coming up from the rising of the sun, holding the seal of the living Elohim. And he cried with a loud voice to the four messengers to whom it was given to harm the earth and the sea,
3 saying, "Do not harm the earth, nor the sea, nor the trees until we have sealed the servants of our Elohim upon their foreheads."

Rev 14:1-5 And I looked and saw a Lamb standing on Mount Tsiyon, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's Name written upon their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice out of the heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder, and I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps.
3 And they sang a renewed song before the throne, and before the four living creatures, and the elders. And no one was able to learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth.
4 They are those who were not defiled with women, for they are maidens. They are those following the Lamb wherever He leads them on. They were redeemed from among men, being first-fruits to Elohim and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no falsehood, for they are blameless before the throne of Elohim.

Rom 9:27 And Yeshayahu cries out on behalf of Yisra'el, "Though the number of the children of Yisra'el be as the sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved.

As Yahusha said, many are called but few are chosen; which we can relate to this quote from Romans/YeshaYahu. The number of the children of Yisra'el be as the sand of the sea could be likened to "many are called", the remnant shall be saved could be likened to "but few chosen".

Rom 9:21 Does not the potter have authority over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for value and another not for value?

The children of Yisra'el who were brought forth out of Mitsrayim could be considered the vessel for no value and those who are truly servants of Yahuah Elohim could be considered the vessels of value. Now I'm not saying ALL the children of Yisra'el who were brought forth out of Mitsrayim are of no value; after all, Yahuah had His prophets who were no doubt vessels of honor, but the children of Yisra'el as a whole, as the Scriptures say:

Heb 3:7-10
Therefore, as the Set-apart Spirit says, "Today, if you hear His voice,
8 do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 where your fathers tried Me, proved Me, and saw My works forty years.
10 "Therefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, "They always go astray in their heart, and they have not known My ways."

We know that the Scriptures show that the children of Yisra'el were "married" to Yahuah. Many people believe that when the children of Yisra'el first went to the mount to receive the verbal commandments that Yahuah had intended them to be a reign of priests.

Exo 19:3-7 And Mosheh went up to Elohim, and Yahuah called to him from the mountain, saying, "This is what you are to say to the house of Ya'aqob, and declare to the children of Yisra'el:
4 "You have seen what I did to the Mitsrites, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself.
5 "And now, if you diligently obey My voice, and shall guard My covenant, then you shall be My treasured possession above all the peoples - for all the earth is Mine -
6 "and you shall be to Me a reign of priests and a set-apart nation." Those are the words which you are to speak to the children of Yisra'el.
7 And Mosheh came and called for the elders of the people, and set before them all these words which Yahuah commanded him.

As we know the story, the children of Yisra'el did not become a reign of priests as a whole, but only one tribe was designated to be the priests. Why was this? Because the children of Yisra'el were not willing to listen to Yahuah as He tried to speak the commands upon their hearts. The Scripture records:

Exo 20:18-22 And all the people saw the thunders, the lightning flashes, the sound of the ram's horn, and the mountain smoking. And the people saw it, and they trembled and stood at a distance,
19 and said to Moshe, "You speak with us and we hear, but let not Elohim speak with us, lest we die."
20 And Mosheh said to the people, "Do not fear, for Elohim has come to prove you, and in order that His fear be before you, so that you do not sin."
21 So the people stood at a distance, but Mosheh drew near the thick darkness where Elohim was.
22 And Yahuah said to Moshe, "Say this to the children of Yisra'el: "You yourselves have seen that I have spoken to you from the heavens".

Not very many people notice this, but a distinct change happened at this point. Because the people trembled and stood at a distance and said to Moshe "You speak with us and we hear but let not Elohim speak with us, lest we die" at that point Yahuah honored their request and continued speaking through Moshe; thereby, changing their status from what could possibly have been a Sonship status and Yahuah had made a provision for them by bringing them into the family, not as adopted sons but as a bride through marriage. Which could possibly give us understanding why these first would become last.

Rom 9:22-23 And if Elohim, desiring to show wrath, and to make His power known, with much patience tolerated the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His esteem on vessels of compassion, which He had prepared beforehand for esteem,

So who are those that are prepared beforehand for esteem?

Eph 1:3-5 Blessed be the Elohim and Father of our Master Yahusha Messiah, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Messiah,
4 even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be set-apart and blameless before Him in love,
5 having previously ordained us to adoption as sons through Yahusha Messiah to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His desire,

Notice it says "previously ordained us to adoption as sons through Yahusha Messiah to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His desire"? Notice he does not say "ordained us as brides to Yahusha Messiah to Himself"?

Rom 9:24-27 even whom He called, not only us of the Yehudim, but also of the gentiles?
25 As He says in Hoshea too, "I shall call them My people, who were not My people, and beloved, who was not beloved."
26 "And it shall be in the place where it was said to them, "You are not My people," there they shall be called sons of the living Elohim."
27 And Yeshayahu cries out on behalf of Yisra'el, "Though the number of the children of Yisra'el be as the sand of the sea, the remnant shall be saved.

Notice here also that they will be called "sons of the living Elohim"? It does not say "bride of the living Elohim" nor "bride of the Messiah"?

Gal 4:4-7 But when the completion of the time came, Elohim sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under Torah,
5 to redeem those who were under Torah, in order to receive the adoption as sons.
6 And because you are sons, Elohim has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, "Abba, Father!"
7 So you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, also an heir of Elohim through Messiah.

So what do we see the intent of Yahuah through Yahusha? To redeem those under the Torah in order to receive the adoption as sons. It does not say "in order to receive the bride of Messiah". It is speaking of the adoption of sons. A wife is not adopted. She is taken in marriage. Also we can learn through a physical understanding that a wife is not an heir; although, in some cases a woman can be an heir if there are no sons. But according to the Scriptures the right of inheritance belongs to the sons, not the daughters. When a woman is married to a man it is then that she shares an inheritance with her husband but it was her husband who received the inheritance from his father. But notice 4:7 says "also an heir of Elohim through Messiah". Again, this is not speaking of an inheritance by marriage; it is speaking of an inheritance by adoption as sons.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of Elohim, these are sons of Elohim.

This does not say "for as many are led by the Spirit of Elohim these are the bride of Elohim", being a bride has a distinct connotation of a female gender, sons of Elohim has the male connotation.

Rom 8:15-21 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father."
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of Elohim,
17 and if children, also heirs - truly heirs of Elohim, and co-heirs with Messiah, if indeed we suffer with Him, in order that we also be exalted together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the esteem that is to be revealed in us.
19 For the intense longing of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of Elohim.
20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not from choice, but because of Him who subjected it, in anticipation,
21 that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage to corruption into the esteemed freedom of the children of Elohim.

Verse 8:19 does NOT say, "For the intense longing of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the bride of Messiah."

So let's just see how the "bride status" relates to the parable Yahusha spoke to the Sadducees:

Luk 20:27-36 And some of the Sadducees, who deny that there is a resurrection, came to Him and asked Him,
28 saying, "Teacher, Mosheh wrote to us that if a man's brother dies, having a wife, and he dies childless, his brother should take his wife and raise up offspring for his brother.
29 "Now, there were seven brothers, and the first took a wife, and died childless.
30 "And the second took her as wife, and he died childless.
31 "And the third took her, and in the same way the seven also. And they left no children, and died.
32 "And last of all the woman died too.
33 "At the resurrection, then, whose wife does she become? For the seven had her as wife."
34 And Yahusha answering, said to them, "The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage,
35 but those who are counted worthy of attaining that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are they given in marriage,
36 for neither is it possible for them to die anymore, because they are like messengers and are sons of Elohim, being sons of the resurrection."

So those who only speak of the "bride status" have somewhat of a problem when it comes to this parable - there is no doubt that the resurrection being spoken of here is concerning the first resurrection, for it says "neither is it possible for them to die anymore".

Rev 20:6 Blessed and set-apart is the one having part in the first resurrection. The second death possesses no authority over these, but they shall be priests of Elohim and of Messiah, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

So the bride will be the priests?? But that's not the BIG problem. Yahusha said, "Those who are counted worthy of attaining that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are they given in marriage." Now tell me, how is it possible that Yahusha said they neither marry nor are given in marriage yet as the 'bride' you will be enter into a marriage covenant with Him and you will rule and reign with Him as priests sitting on His throne?? Has the marriage taken place yet? NO. Will the marriage take place after He returns? YES. So tell me, how is this possible that the first resurrection neither marries nor is given in marriage yet those who claim the 'bride status' will be given in marriage and will be married to Yahusha?

Gal 3:26 For you are all sons of Elohim through belief in Messiah Yahusha.

Is not verse 28 basically telling us the same thing Yahusha told us in Luke? "because they are like messengers and are sons of Elohim, being sons of the resurrection."

Mat 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, because they shall be called sons of Elohim."

This verse does not say, "Blessed are the peacemakers, because they shall be called bride of Messiah"

Mat 5:1-12 But when He saw the crowds, He went up on a mountain. And when He was seated His taught ones came to Him.
2 And having opened His mouth, He was teaching them, saying,
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, because theirs is the reign of the heavens.
4 "Blessed are those who mourn, because they shall be comforted.
5 "Blessed are the meek, because they shall inherit the earth.
6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, because they shall be filled.
7 "Blessed are the compassionate, because they shall obtain compassion.
8 "Blessed are the clean in heart, because they shall see Elohim.
9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, because they shall be called sons of Elohim.
10 "Blessed are those persecuted for righteousness' sake, because theirs is the reign of the heavens.
11 "Blessed are you when they reproach and persecute you, and falsely say every wicked word against you, for My sake.
12 "Rejoice and be glad, because your reward in the heavens is great. For in this way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Mat 22:1-14 And Yahusha responded and spoke to them again by parables and said,
2 "The reign of the heavens is like a man, a sovereign, who made a wedding feast for his son,
3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast. But they would not come.
4 "Again he sent out other servants, saying, "Say to those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner. My oxen and fattened cattle are slaughtered, and all is ready. Come to the wedding feast.""
5 "But they disregarded it and went their way - this one to his field, that one to his trade.
6 "And the rest, having seized his servants, insulted and killed them.
7 "But when the sovereign heard, he was wroth, and sent out his soldiers, destroyed those murderers, and set their city on fire.
8 "Then he said to his servants, "The wedding feast, indeed, is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 "Therefore go into the street corners, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding feast."
10 "And those servants went out into the street corners and gathered all whom they found, both wicked and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 "And when the sovereign came in to view the guests, he saw there a man who had not put on a wedding garment,
12 and he said to him, "Friend, how did you come in here not having a wedding garment?" And he was speechless.
13 "Then the sovereign said to the servants, "Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and throw him out into the outer darkness - there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

Many people assume that this parable is referring to the bride being called to the wedding feast, but yet this does not refer to the bride at all, it refers to the servants who were sent out, these are the same servants that come to wake up the bride who was sleeping (10 virgins). Yet at this point the servants are not sent to the bride, the servants are sent to gather both wicked and good to fill the wedding hall with guests. Guests? Are the guests marrying the Bridegroom? NO. The guests are those who have been invited to the marriage supper, but they are not the bride themselves. Servants? Are the servants marrying the Bridegroom? NO. The servants are the friends of the bridegroom; such as Yahuchanon.

Joh 3:29
"He that has the bride is the bridegroom, but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the voice of the bridegroom. So this joy of mine is complete.

Yahuchanon was a friend of the bridegroom; he is not part of the "bride status". Are the emissaries the bride?

Joh 15:15 "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, for all teachings which I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

So Yahusha no longer called them servants but He calls them friends. That does not mean they are no longer servants, it means that they are now friends. Friends of the bridegroom.

So in the progressive order of things when a marriage takes place the servants give the announcement and invitation to the guests, the guests fill the hall in anticipation for the bride to show up. The next parable takes place when the guests have been established:

Mat 25:1-6 "Then the reign of the heavens shall be compared to ten maidens who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "And five of them were wise, and five foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish, having taken their lamps, took no oil with them,
4 but the wise took oil in their containers with their lamps.
5 "Now while the bridegroom took time, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard, "See, the bridegroom is coming, go out to meet him!"

Even in the order of these parables we can see the servants went out to fill the hall with guests, next the bride is woken up as she slumbered and slept and is taken to the wedding feast that has been prepared beforehand by the servants inviting the guests. Three distinct groups of individuals - the servants, the guests, the bride.

Now remember the servants are likened to the friends of the bridegroom and the servant being a friend of the bridegroom is also no longer a servant but a son and also heir of Elohim.

Joh 15:15 "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, for all teachings which I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Gal 4:7 So you are no longer a slave/servant but a son, and if a son, also an heir of Elohim through Messiah.

Rev 2:7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him who overcomes I shall give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of Elohim."

Rev 2:11 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. He who overcomes shall by no means be harmed by the second death."

Rev 2:17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies. To him who overcomes I shall give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I shall give him a white stone, and on the stone a renewed Name written which no one knows except him who receives it."

Rev 2:26 "And he who overcomes, and guards My works until the end, to him I shall give authority over the nations,

Rev 2:27 and he shall shepherd them with a rod of iron, as the potter's vessels shall be broken to pieces, as I also have received from My

Rev 2:28 "And I shall give him the morning star.

Rev 3:5 "He who overcomes shall be dressed in white robes, and I shall by no means blot out his name from the Book of Life, but I shall confess his name before My Father and before His messengers.

Rev 3:12
"He who overcomes, I shall make him a supporting post in the Dwelling Place of My Elohim, and he shall by no means go out. And I shall write on him the Name of My Elohim and the name of the city of My Elohim, the renewed Yerushalayim, which comes down out of the heaven from My Elohim, and My renewed Name.

Rev 3:21 "To him who overcomes I shall give to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Rev 21:7 "The one who overcomes shall inherit all this, and I shall be his Elohim and he shall be My son.

This verse does not say, "The one who overcomes shall inherit all this, and I shall be his Elohim and he shall be My Son's bride". The fact that the phrase "to him who overcomes" is quite fitting; "him" refers to the male gender as also "he shall be my son". The bride represents a female role, son represents a male role. For further understanding of this subject it would be highly suggested for one to learn the Scriptural roles of a male and a female concerning rights of inheritance, and authority order. Here are some things to look for: Can a woman/bride reign as a priest? Did or can a woman/bride sit on the king's throne righteously? What is a woman/bride's inheritance rights? Can a son marry a son?

1Jn 3:1-2 See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of Elohim! For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
2 Beloved ones, now we are children of Elohim. And it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of Elohim, these are sons of Elohim.

Return to “Discussion Forum”