"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

And Few Men Left

Moderator: Watchman555

Lambchop

And Few Men Left

Postby Lambchop » 04 Jun 2008, 19:57

We was studying Isaiah 24 and in verse 6 it says, "Therefore the curse has devoured the earth, and they that dwell in it are found guilty: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, "and few men left."
I had made a commit about how Yahweh was going to empty the earth and there would be "few" left.
Someone said it didn't mean that. They said it meant "few men" would be left upon the earth. Not including women. I disagreed with them. I said this is also including women.
The person said Isaiah 4:1 says more about this. "And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by your name; take you away our reproach.
Any thoughts on this? Am I right or wrong? :? :wink:
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

kickme

Postby kickme » 05 Jun 2008, 12:32

if it is as it has been recorded, "it is not good for man to be alone" then it seems to me that should be the correct light to view a statement such as that.
either that, or few men left and lots of women, therefore the necessity for 7 women to latch onto one man because of scarcity of men.
people forget that as of the curse, the man is responsible for the woman. that's not to say that because of this the woman may be irresponsible, but it does mean that man bears ultimate responsibility. remember, when Hawwah sinned and Adam went along with her, even though Elohim knew what happened already, it was Adam he held responsible first. then instead of being a man, Adam tried to 'pass the buck'. tell me again how that went? to me, the text shows the man receiving the greater curse, and I might add it was deserved, yet mercy reigned, and they were allowed to live for quite sometime before the death sentence took effect.

Nate Heffley

Re: And Few Men Left

Postby Nate Heffley » 19 Mar 2016, 18:50

Shalom Lambchop. I saw you've said: "The person said Isaiah 4:1 says more about this. "And seven women shall take hold of one man in that day saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by your name; take you away our reproach.
Any thoughts on this? Am I right or wrong?"

Maybe much like Hosea was told to take a wife of whoring to manifest the spiritual depravity of a people here: Hos 1:2 The beginning of the word of יהוה with Hoshĕa. And יהוה said to Hoshĕa, “Go, take yourself a woman of whoring and children of whoring, for the land has utterly whored away from יהוה.”

That possibly Isiah is also impressing a physical manifestation of women/assembly latching on to a clean man to take away her/assemblies reproach?

Maybe in looking at this: Isa 1:7 Your land is laid waste, your cities are burned with fire, strangers devour your land in your presence. And it is laid waste, as overthrown by strangers.

And comparing that to this: Eze_44:8 “And you did not guard the charge of that which is set-apart to Me, but you have set others to guard the charge of My set-apart place for you.”

And we know that we are the set apart place. So taking those things into consideration it seems possible that these are inner workings. I mean that the city, land and "strangers" are all going on inside of each of us. Remember a man who doesn't control his spirit is like a broken down city without walls? What then is the man who allows another to guard his heart and it's charges said to be able to "have"?

Joh 8:48 The Yehuḏim answered and said to Him, “Do we not say well that You are a Shomeronite and have a demon?”
Joh 8:49 יהושע answered, “I do not have a demon, but I value My Father, and you do not value Me.

Not Valuing the Father.. Not making the Father the prize of life is said to be one route a demon can come and take the charge we are all told to guard. We know the demons only wish to overthrow and destroy..

Isa 1:7 Your land is laid waste, your cities are burned with fire, strangers devour your land in your presence. And it is laid waste, as overthrown by strangers.

How was all that done, or rather why was the land, inner being, laid waste and burned with fire, consuming and left to be devoured by strangers. What is there to devour if the land is burned up? The land/man himself. The snake and his are to dust all their days right? So, we being made from the dust of the earth I believe is what this entire imagery points too.

Isa 3:12 “My people! Youths exert pressure on them, and women rule over them. O My people! Your leaders lead you astray1, and swallow the way of your paths.” Footnote: 1See also 9:16.
Isa 3:13 יהוה shall stand up to plead, and is standing to judge the peoples.
Isa 3:14 יהוה enters into judgment with the elders of His people and its heads, “It is you who have eaten up the vineyard, the plunder of the poor is in your houses.
Isa 3:15 “What do you mean by crushing My people and grinding the faces of the poor?” declares the Master, יהוה of hosts.
Isa 3:16 And יהוה says, “Because the daughters of Tsiyon are haughty, and walk with outstretched necks and seductive eyes, walking and mincing as they go, making a jingling with their feet,
Isa 3:17 therefore יהוה shall smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Tsiyon, and יהוה expose their nakedness.”

Since shame, nakedness, is exposed in these women/assemblies of peoples by way of letting another guard the charge Yahuah has for them to guard that then they will be longing after those they are able, only after their own shame has come, to see what is clean and feel nothing but desire for it. Check out where that leads them..

Isa 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, “We shall eat our own food and wear our own clothes; only let us be called by your name, to take away our reproach.”

Seeing this from a perspective not of an actual wife but of an actual assembly of peoples removing the blinders and seeing their way as wrong from Yahuah's reproving those He loves and bringing them to shame. I think it's safe to say that 7 women holding onto one man can easily bring about what's next..

Isa 4:2 In that day the Branch of יהוה shall be splendid and esteemed. And the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for the escaped ones1 of Yisra’ĕl. Footnote: 1Joel 2:32, Obad. v. 17.
Isa 4:3 And it shall be that he who is left in Tsiyon and he who remains in Yerushalayim is called set-apart, everyone who is written among the living in Yerushalayim.
Isa 4:4 When יהוה has washed away the filth of the daughters of Tsiyon, and rinsed away the blood of Yerushalayim from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning,
Isa 4:5 then יהוה shall create above every dwelling place of Mount Tsiyon, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night, for over all the esteem shall be a covering,
Isa 4:6 and a booth for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.

It may be nothing and I may be off but it's interesting that there are said to be 7 women taking hold of one man, in attempting to be taught from a headship of what is right instead of all "Your leaders lead you astray, and swallow the way of your paths." Just as their are 7 assemblies written to in Revelation..

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and guard what is written in it, for the time is near.
Rev 1:4 Yoḥanan, to the seven assemblies that are in Asia: Favour to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is coming, and from the seven Spirits that are before His throne,
Rev 1:5 and from יהושע Messiah, the trustworthy witness, the first-born from the dead, and the ruler of the sovereigns of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
Rev 1:6 and has made us sovereigns and priests to His Elohim and Father, to Him be esteem and rule forever and ever. Amĕn.

Asia means "to Rise east".. Hmm..

Pro_4:18 But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.

Just some thoughts.. Shalom
Be at peace among yourselves. And we appeal to you, brothers warn those who are disorderly, encourage the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone Rejoice always, pray without ceasing

Return to “Discussion Forum”