"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

this is for real!

Moderator: Watchman555

chosen

this is for real!

Postby chosen » 29 May 2008, 12:44

The Crucifixion and Ice Cream

Inside Orlando's most unusual theme park, the Holy Land Experience

http://www.newsweek.com/id/138347

may they reap what they sow.

kickme

Postby kickme » 29 May 2008, 13:13

what's the difference, them doing that, or so many thinking they actually keep the feast days doing it the way we do it.
Yes, I realize we are in exile, but to say we are actual Torah keepers just isn't true. We keep a shadow of a shadow, and it looks nothing like it was designed to look. Nevertheless, I won't fault people too bad for trying to do what they can, it's better than nothing.

chosen

Postby chosen » 29 May 2008, 13:22

Where ever two or three are gathered in MY Name, there I AM.

shalom,

chosen

Lambchop

Postby Lambchop » 29 May 2008, 15:14

A few years ago my husband and I went to the Holy Land Experince. They do have some interesting things to show, but you can quite tell its all mostly steeped in Christianity.
We looked in their book store and couldn't find one thing with the name of Yahshua or Yahweh on it.
We saw the plays that was being put on and nothing really to get excited about. They are proclaiming a false Messiah.
Probably the most interesting thing we enjoyed there was the re- actment of the sacrifices spoken in the O.T.
My husband spoke to the man that was telling of these sacrifices afterwards, and it was quite plain to see he had no idea what he was talking about. He was a christian with a script.
We did get to speak to several people about the real Ha Moshiach and they ask for our e-mail addresses and we still keep in touch with them.
Within 2 hours we had saw everything and saw the fakeness of it all and felt it was a waste of money.
Its not as big as they make it out to be.
Buy the truth and sell it not. Proverbs 23:23

kickme

Postby kickme » 29 May 2008, 16:13

I kinda figured it would be that way, Lambchop, everyone's looking for a way to milk money out of people.
If I can manage to go to Israel, especially for Feast of Tabernacles, I'd try to do so with the Karaites. Not that they keep it the way it was supposed to be either, but somehow I think they'd be a fun group to hang with, and I'd probably learn more there than anywhere else.

Return to “Discussion Forum”