"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Yahushua versus Yahusha

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Yahushua versus Yahusha

Postby Watchman555 » 26 Apr 2008, 14:58

[color=blue]Shalom Everyone~

Recently there has been a new study where the pronunciation of Yahusha’s Name is under fire. Here is the link to a site written by Tom Martincic, it is called the "Scroll of EliYah" :roll: linking to a study where he states emphatically – “However, it is easily proven to be incorrectâ€
Last edited by Watchman555 on 27 Apr 2008, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 26 Apr 2008, 21:40

Shalom Brother Greg and All,

I have always believed that the Father and Son has the same Name. I have challenged people for about 30 years to present one conclusive scripture to call the Son anything but YHWH. He said in John 5:43, I am come in my Father’s Name and you receive me not, but if another come in his own name, him you will receive. If we can find out what the Father’s Name is, then we will know what Name the Son came in.

The Father tells us in Jeremiah 23:6 what to call His Son. (YHWH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS). There is absolutely no scripture to support singing songs etc. to any other Name than YHWH, no not one. When we baptize into the NAME (singular) of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the one singular Name is YHWH.

Acts 4:12 says there is no other Name under heaven whereby we must be saved. (Are there two names for salvation?) Joel 2 teaches that in the last days, whosoever calls on the Name YHWH shall be delivered/saved. Acts 2, Peter said, this is that that was spoken by the Prophet Joel and therefore they would have been calling on the Name YHWH for the ONLY saving name. Hebrews teaches that the Son, by inheritance obtained the more excellent Name, which is YHWH according to Psm-8 chapter. Also the Name YHWH IS THE Name above every name that is named in heaven or earth. We take on the family Name by baptism. Paul said I bow my Knees to the Father of the Son/YHWH OUR RIGHTEOUNESS of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named. (Eph-3:14)

The Apostils did not preach a different name than the Prophets. Paul said, for the scripture saith unto Pharos, for this cause have I raised thee up that I might show My power in thee and that My Name be declared through the earth. This shows that it was the Name YHWH that Paul was preaching thought the earth.

There are hundreds of conclusive scriptures that show that the Father and Son has the same Name but I have not found one to support another name. I believe the scripture teaches that He is coming back for a people that are called by His Name which is the same as the only begotten Son and the adopted sons and druthers of the family of YHWH.

I have heard many excuses as to why people think the Son was called this or that but no one has given a scripture that matches Torah.

Brother Arnold
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold
See www.lunarsabbath.info

BrotherArnold

Postby BrotherArnold » 26 Apr 2008, 22:00

Wrong place.
Lunar Sabbaths is one of the most provable doctrines in Scripture...

Brother Arnold

See www.lunarsabbath.info

cindy

Postby cindy » 27 Apr 2008, 02:57

I was convicted by the Name Yahusha when reading Zechariah 6.

The Command to Crown Joshua
9 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 10 "Receive the gift from the captives--from Heldai, Tobijah, and Jedaiah, who have come from Babylon--and go the same day and enter the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah. 11 Take the silver and gold, make an elaborate crown, and set it on the head of Joshua the son of Jehozadak, the high priest. 12 Then speak to him, saying, 'Thus says the Lord of hosts, saying:

"Behold, the Man whose name is the BRANCH!
From His place He shall branch out,
And He shall build the temple of the Lord;
13 Yes, He shall build the temple of the Lord.
He shall bear the glory,
And shall sit and rule on His throne;
So He shall be a priest on His throne,
And the counsel of peace shall be between them both."'

14 "Now the elaborate crown shall be for a memorial in the temple of the Lord [fn1] for Helem, Tobijah, Jedaiah, and Hen the son of Zephaniah. 15 Even those from afar shall come and build the temple of the Lord. Then you shall know that the Lord of hosts has sent Me to you. And this shall come to pass if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God."

The pronunciation has variants

Variant spellings for this word: יהושוע (Strongs and Gesenius) יהושע (Strongs and Gesenius)

Cindy

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 27 Apr 2008, 13:01

Shalom Brother Arnold, Cindy, and All~

Bro. Arnold, I can understand where you are coming from; although, I would be interested in seeing the Hebrew manuscript for MattithYahu, the Du Tilet or Shem Tov (before any alterations took place) to see how Messiah's Name was spelled in them.

One thing I thought of when I read your post was the inscription on the plaque above Yahusha when they impaled Him on the tree.

Matt. 27:37:
37 And they put up over His head the written charge against Him: THIS IS YAHUSHA, THE SOVEREIGN OF THE YEHUDIM.

Yahuchanon 19:19-22:
19 And Pilate wrote a title too, and put it on the stake, and it was written: YAHUSHA OF NATSARETH, THE SOVEREIGN OF
THE YEHUDIM. 20 Many of the Yehudim therefore read this title, for the place where Yahusha was impaled was near the city, and it was written in Hebrew, in Greek, in Roman. 21 So the chief priests of the Yehudim said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The Sovereign of the Yehudim,’ but, ‘He said, “I am the Sovereign of the Yehudim.â€

cindy

Postby cindy » 28 Apr 2008, 19:06

Hello again,

Also, I'd like to add that I lean more towards the Yahusha because
Isaiah's name means "Salvation is YHWH".

Messiah's name is just Isaiah turned around.
"YHWH is Salvation" = Yahu-sha.
Just like the original pronunciation in Gesenius'.
I think the other pronunciation was probably from a different manuscript and to be complete Yahushua was added to the lexicon. Too, the "shua" portion of the variant means "to cry out" so we get YHWH is crying out?
"Yasha" means salvation.

Your post Watchman about "Hosha-na" I have long believed was another True Name event.
Being a True Name advocate the whole triumphant entry scene with "Hosha-na" to me was nothing less than the crowd chanting "Yahusha-na". The current corrupted leadership would not go ballistic over people shouting "Salvation-please now" unless of course they were using the ineffable name. If you read anything about the discourse between the religious groups during this time period you would know what I'm saying is true.

My motto is to keep it simple and live it to my best ability with what I know NOW.
I'm pretty confident that Yahusha is the way to be NOW.
Until he comes again with a New Name
Rev 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.

:D

Cindy

ErichMatthewJanzen

Postby ErichMatthewJanzen » 29 Apr 2008, 09:34

Shalom, All,

I'm pretty much in agreements with Brother Arnold on the Father and the Son's name being YHWH (Ex. 3:15; Jer. 23:5-6; Mt. 28:19). The only place I would vary would be that I believe the Son had an earthly name to distinguish Him from the Father. An illustration would be that both my name and my sons name is Janzen. To do something in the name of the Father and Son (in this case) you would do that something in the name of Janzen. However this does not negate my son from having a name to distinguish him from me. I believe this is what the Scriptures teach in relation to the heavenly Father and His only begotten or unique Son. This harmonizes the Scriptures that give the Son the name YHWH and the Scriptures that call him by the name Yeshua.

I believe the Son's name throughout the Messianic Scriptures is the Hebrew name Yeshua, meaning "he will save" which is the meaning given by the angel in Matthew 1:21. Notice the angel said, you will call his name Yeshua - for - he will save his people from their sins. The word "for" in this case means "because." In other words, this is why you will call his name Yeshua (he will save). It is similar to how Yahweh changed Abram's name to Abraham. Yahweh said in Genesis 17:4-5, "Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee." Notice that right after the name "Abraham" was given the definition for the name was also given: "father of many."

I offer this study on the Messiah's name: http://ministersnewcovenant.org/Yeshua%20vs%20Jesus.pdf

Shalom,
Matthew Janzen

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 04 May 2008, 19:27

Greetings all,

I don't debate the Son's Name much, because i'm more interested in getting the Father's Name right first, and i don't think we're there yet.

I will say that i don't think you can insist on taking a VERB-form such as "YAHSHA", and making it (unmodified) into a NAME, which is a proper NOUN.

I agree with Matthew & Arnold that the Father & Son both have the (Family) Name of "YHWH", just like WE will have when we are born again into the YHWH Family (Eph.3:15).

I agree with Matthew that each individual (incl the Father & Son) has his/her own personal name to distinguish them from everyone else.

As i understand it, the Aramaic uses "Yeshua", while the Shem Tob Matthew uses YShWO (yod-shin-waw-ayin, with "O" being the paleo symbol for ayin).

Without an additional vowel, it would be "EE-shoo-ah" or "Y-??-SHOO-ah".
With an "eh" after the "yod", it would be "Yeh-shoo-ah".
With an "ah" after the "yod", it would be "Yah-shoo-ah".
If the accent is on the 1st syllable, it makes a difference, but if the accent is on the 2nd syllable, then the vowel after the "yod" doesn't matter; it will come out as a short/weak "uh" sound.

I use the "YAH-shoo-ah" version, but i make no claim about which version is correct.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

Return to “Discussion Forum”