"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Driving the inhabitants out of the land

Moderator: Watchman555

Watchman555

Driving the inhabitants out of the land

Postby Watchman555 » 30 Mar 2008, 18:10

Shalom All~

Please, don't take me wrong. We are all individually responsible for our own actions and the cliche "the devil made me do it" is unacceptable; although, it is quite possible that through demonic activities we become snared into sinning by these enemies.

I just wanted to give you a thorough Scriptural format for the understanding of the demonic inhabitants of the land. I'm sure you are quite aware that the Scriptures do refer to us as 'land' and with the understanding that the temple or dwelling place is within us should be sufficient proof of the spiritual reality of the physical temporal dwelling place and with that in mind we will take a look at verses concerning the physical driving the inhabitants out of the promised land and apply that in the spiritual obedience to this law; because it is a law and it is commanded, therefore, we must heed this command in the spirit.

So I will share with you my understanding and maybe you can give me yours. I guess first of all, you must determine for yourself whether there is a spiritual application to driving the inhabitants out of the land as described in the following scriptures.

Ex 23:20-33
20 “See, I am sending a Messenger before you to guard you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared.

John 14:2-3:
2 “In My Father’s house are many staying places. And if not, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I shall come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, you might be too.

(Could that also mean in set-apartedness?)

21 “Be on guard before Him and obey His voice. Do not rebel against Him, for He is not going to pardon your transgression, for My Name is in Him. 22 “But if you diligently obey His voice and shall do all that I speak, then I shall be an enemy to your enemies and a distresser to those who distress you. 23 “For My Messenger shall go before you and shall bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Kena’anites and the Hiwwites and the Yebusites, and I shall cut them off. 24 “Do not bow down to their mighty ones, nor serve them, nor do according to their works, but without fail overthrow them and without fail break down their pillars. 25 “And you shall serve Yahuah your Elohim, and He shall bless your bread and your water. And I shall remove sickness from your midst. 26 “None shall miscarry or be barren in your land. I shall fill the number of your days. 27 “I shall send My fear before you, and cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and make all your enemies turn their backs to you. 28 “And I shall send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hiwwite, the Kena’anite, and the Hittite from before you. 29 “I shall not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become a waste and the beast of the field become too numerous for you. 30 “Little by little I shall drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land. 31 “And I shall set your border from the Sea of Reeds to the Sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the River, for I shall give the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you. 32 “Do not make a covenant with them nor with their mighty ones. 33 “Let them not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me when you serve their mighty ones, when it becomes a snare to you."

(Could that also mean in set-apartedness?)

21 Be on guard before Him and obey His voice. Do not rebel against Him, for He is not going to pardon your transgression, for My Name is in Him. 22 But if you diligently obey His voice and shall do all that I speak, then I shall be an enemy to your enemies and a distresser to those who distress you. 23 For My Messenger shall go before you and shall bring you in to the Amorites and the Hittites and the Perizzites and the Kena'anites and the Hiwwites and the Yebusites, and I shall cut them off. 24 Do not bow down to their mighty ones, nor serve them, nor do according to their works, but without fail overthrow them and without fail break down their pillars. 25 And you shall serve Yahuah your Elohim, and He shall bless your bread and your water. And I shall remove sickness from your midst. 26 None shall miscarry or be barren in your land. I shall fill the number of your days. 27 I shall send My fear before you, and cause confusion among all the people to whom you come, and make all your enemies turn their backs to you. 28 And I shall send hornets before you, which shall drive out the Hiwwite, the Kena'anite, and the Hittite from before you. 29 I shall not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become a waste and the beast of the field become too numerous for you. 30 Little by little I shall drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land. 31 And I shall set your border from the Sea of Reeds to the Sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the River, for I shall give the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you. 32 Do not make a covenant with them nor with their mighty ones. 33 Let them not dwell in your land, lest they make you sin against Me when you serve their mighty ones, when it becomes a snare to you.

Notice He said little by little I shall drive them out from before you.

Num. 33:50-56:
50 And Yahuah spoke to Mosheh in the desert plains of Mo'ab by the Yarden of Yericho, saying, 51 Speak to the children of Yisra'el, and say to them, When you have passed over the Yarden into the land of Kena'an, 52 then you shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and shall destroy all their engraved stones, and shall destroy all their moulded images, and lay waste all their high places, 53 and you shall possess the land and dwell in it, for I have given you the land to possess. 54 And you shall divide the land by lot as an inheritance among your clans. To the larger you give a larger inheritance, and to the smaller you give a smaller inheritance. Wherever the lot falls to anyone that is his. You inherit according to the tribes of your fathers. 55 “And if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be pricks in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall trouble you in the land where you dwell. 56 And it shall be that I do to you as I thought to do to them.'

That phrase \'thorns in your sides\' is comparable to:

2 Cor. 12:7:
And to keep me from exalting myself because of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to hit me, to keep me from exalting myself.

Very interesting that Sha\'ul himself called a messenger of satan a \'thorn in his flesh\'. Coincidence?

Deut. 6:16-25
16 Do not try Yahuah your Elohim as you tried Him in Massah. 17 Diligently guard the commands of Yahuah your Elohim, and His witnesses, and His laws which He has commanded you. 18 And you shall do what is right and good in the eyes of Yahuah, that it might be well with you, and you shall go in and possess the good land of which Yahuah swore to your fathers, 19 to drive out all your enemies from before you, as Yahuah has spoken. 20 When your son asks you in time to come, saying, What is the meaning of the witnesses, and the laws, and the right-rulings which Yahuah our Elohim has commanded you?' 21 then you shall say to your son, We were slaves of Pharaoh in Mitsrayim, and Yahuah brought us out of Mitsrayim with a strong hand, 22 and Yahuah sent signs and wonders, great and grievous, upon Mitsrayim, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his household, before our eyes. 23 And He brought us out from there, to bring us in, to give us the land of which He swore to our fathers. 24 And Yahuah commanded us to do all these laws, to fear Yahuah our Elohim, for our good always, to keep us alive, as it is today. 25 And it is righteousness for us when we guard to do all this command before Yahuah our Elohim, as He has commanded us.'

We know that Pharaoh is a type of satan. We know that Mitsrayim is a type of the world and carnality. We know when Yisra\'el came out of Mitsrayim they still desired the things of Pharaoh's kingdom. We know the children of Yisra\'el were given the promised land and we know that there were enemies in the promised land. They were commanded to drive them out.

Deut. 7:1-26:
When Yahuah your Elohim brings you into the land which you go to possess, He shall also clear away many nations before you: the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Kena'anites and the Perizzites and the Hiwwites and the Yebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than you.

Matt 12:43-45:
43 Now when the unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. 44 Then it says, "I shall return to my house from which I came.' And when it comes, it finds it empty, swept, and decorated. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself , and they enter and dwell there. And the last of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation.

Is this just another coincidence? Or was Yahusha alluding to something here?

2 And when Yahuah your Elohim gives them over to you, you shall smite them and put them under the ban, completely. Make no covenant with them, and show them no favor. 3 And do not intermarry with them you do not give your daughter to his son, and you do not take his daughter for your son, 4 for he turns your sons away from following Me, to serve other mighty ones.

Hosea 4:12:
My people ask from their Wood, and their Staff declares to them. For a spirit of whorings has led them astray, and they went whoring from under their Elohim.

Then the displeasure of Yahuah shall burn against you and promptly destroy you. 5 But this is what you do to them: Break down their altars, and smash their pillars, and cut down their Asherim, and burn their carved images with fire. 6 For you are a set-apart people to Yahuah your Elohim. Yahuah your Elohim has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a treasured possession above all the peoples on the face of the earth. 7 Yahuah did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more numerous than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples, 8 but because of Yahuah loving you, and because of Him guarding the oath which He swore to your fathers, Yahuah has brought you out with a strong hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh sovereign of Mitsrayim. 9 And you shall know that Yahuah your Elohim, He is Elohim, the trustworthy El guarding covenant and kindness for a thousand generations with those who love Him, and those who guard His commands, 10 but repaying those who hate Him to their face, to destroy them. He does not delay to do so with him who hates Him, He repays him to his face. 11 And you shall guard the command, and the laws, and the right-rulings which I command you today, to do them. 12 And it shall be, because you hear these right-rulings, and shall guard and do them, that Yahuah your Elohim shall guard with you the covenant and the kindness which He swore to your fathers, 13 and shall love you and bless you and increase you, and shall bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your land, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flock, in the land of which He swore to your fathers to give you. 14 Blessed are you above all peoples there is not going to be a barren man or a barren woman among you or among your livestock. 15 And Yahuah shall turn away from you all sickness and put on you none of the evil diseases of Mitsrayim which you have known, but He shall put them on all those who hate you. 16 And you shall consume all the peoples whom Yahuah your Elohim is delivering over to you your eye shall not pardon them. And do not serve their mighty ones, for that is a snare to you. 17 When you say in your heart, these nations are greater than I, I am unable to drive them out,' 18 do not be afraid of them. Remember well what Yahuah your Elohim did to Pharaoh and to all Mitsrayim, 19 the great trials which your eyes saw, and the signs and the wonders, the strong hand and the outstretched arm, by which Yahuah your Elohim brought you out. Yahuah your Elohim does so to all the peoples of whom you are afraid. 20 And Yahuah your Elohim also sends the hornet among them until those who are left, who hide themselves from you, are destroyed. 21 Do not be afraid of them, for Yahuah your Elohim, the great and awesome El, is in your midst. 22 And Yahuah your Elohim shall drive out those nations before you, little by little. You are not allowed to destroy them at once, lest the beasts of the field become too numerous for you. 23 But Yahuah your Elohim shall deliver them over to you and destroy them with a great destruction until they are consumed. 24 And He shall give their sovereigns into your hand, and you shall destroy their name from under the heavens. No one is going to be able to stand against you until you have destroyed them. 25 The carved images of their mighty ones you are to burn with fire. Do not covet the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it for yourselves, lest you be snared by it, for it is an abomination to Yahuah your Elohim. 26 And do not bring an abomination into your house, lest you be accursed like it. Utterly loathe it and utterly hate it, for it is accursed.

Eze. 8:8-10:
8 And He said to me, Son of man, please dig into the wall. And when I dug into the wall I saw a door. 9 And He said to me, Go in, and see the evil abominations which they are doing there. 10 And I went in and looked and saw all kinds of creeping creatures, abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Yisra'el, carved all around on the walls.

Physical or spiritual? How do we look at this verse? What if this vision is actually digging into the walls in the spirit of the human to find abominations being done there?

Deut. 11:8-17:
8 And you shall guard every command which I command you today, so that you are strong, and shall go in, and shall possess the land which you are passing over to possess, 9 and to prolong your days in the land which Yahuah swore to give your fathers, to them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 For the land which you are going in to possess is not like the land of Mitsrayim from which you have come, where you sowed your seed and watered it by foot, as a vegetable garden,

11 but the land which you are passing over to possess is a land of hills and valleys, which drinks water from the rain of the heavens, 12 a land which Yahuah your Elohim looks after.

Joel 2:23:
And you children of Tsiyon, be glad and rejoice in Yahuah your Elohim, for He shall give you the Teacher of Righteousness, and cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain, as before. The eyes of Yahuah your Elohim are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the latter end of the year. 13 And it shall be that if you diligently obey My commands which I command you today, to love Yahuah your Elohim and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your being, 14 then I shall give you the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, and you shall gather in your grain, and your new wine, and your oil. 15 And I shall give grass in your fields for your livestock, and you shall eat and be satisfied. 16 "Guard yourselves, lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other mighty ones and bow down to them. 17 then the displeasure of Yahuah shall burn against you, and He shall shut up the heavens, and there be no rain, and the land not give its increase. And you shall perish quickly from the good land which Yahuah is giving you.

Josh. 23:6-16:
6 And you shall be very strong to guard and to do all that is written in the Book of the Torah of Mosheh, so as not to turn aside from it right or left, 7 so as not to go in among these nations, these who remain among you. And make no mention of the name of their mighty ones, nor swear by them, nor serve them nor bow down to them.

Hosea 4:12:
My people ask from their Wood, and their Staff declares to them. For a spirit of whorings has led them astray, and they went whoring from under their Elohim.

8 But cling to Yahuah your Elohim, as you have done to this day. 9 For Yahuah has driven out from before you great and strong nations. As for you, no one has stood against you to this day. 10 One man of you put a thousand to flight, for Yahuah your Elohim is He who is fighting for you, as He has promised you. 11 And you shall diligently guard yourselves, to love Yahuah your Elohim. 12 But if you do turn back at all, and cling to the remnant of these nations, these that remain among you, and intermarry with them, and go in to them and they to you, 13 know for certain that Yahuah your Elohim shall no longer drive these nations out from before you. And they shall be snares and traps to you, and a whip on your sides and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from this good land which Yahuah your Elohim has given you. 14 And see, this day I am going the way of all the earth. And you know in all your hearts and in all your beings that not one word has failed of all the good words which Yahuah your Elohim spoke concerning you. All of it has come to you, and not one word of them has failed. 15 And it shall be, that as every good word has come upon you which Yahuah your Elohim promised you, so Yahuah does bring upon you every evil word, until He has destroyed you from this good land which Yahuah your Elohim has given you, 16 when you transgress the covenant of Yahuah your Elohim, which He commanded you, and shall go and serve other mighty ones, and bow down to them. And the displeasure of Yahuah shall burn against you, and you shall perish quickly from the good land which He has given you.

Judges: 2:2-3:
2 and as for you, do not make a covenant with the inhabitants of this land break down their altars.' But you have not obeyed My voice. What is this you have done? 3 Therefore I also said, "I am not driving them out before you, and they shall be adversaries to you, and their mighty ones shall be a snare to you.'

So, we can see that to begin with Yahuah said He would drive out the inhabitants before them and they were commanded to slaughter them and put every thing under the ban. We can see that they failed in doing this and the repercussions are in the aforementioned verses. They did exactly as Yahuah said they would. Whips, thorns, and snares they became. Because they failed to keep the command that Yahuah commanded them. Now, if we apply this in the spirit, we can see that as long as we're willing to drive these inhabitants out of our spiritual land that Yahuah will drive them out before us. In other words, Yahuah will let us know of the stronghold we are currently battling. But if we refuse to battle the stronghold in which Yahuah is revealing to us, then these Scriptures will be accomplished in the spirit. They will indeed become whips, thorns, and snares to us.

2 Cor. 11:4
For, indeed, if he who is coming proclaims another Yahusha whom we have not proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different Good News which you have not accepted, you put up with it well enough!

The Scriptures are very clear that there are other spirits out there that are not Qodesh that people can receive even unintentionally.

1 Tim 4:1:
But the Spirit distinctly says that in latter times some shall fall away from the belief, paying attention to misleading spirits, and teachings of demons,

Do you think for a minute that one who follows teachings of demons does not give the demons themselves access to that individual? Yet there are precautions we can take in the authority given to us by our Great Redeemer Yahusha.

Judges 2:21-23:
21 I also shall no longer drive out before them any of the nations which Yehoshua left when he died, 22 in order to try Yisra'el by them, whether they would guard the way of Yahuah, to walk in them as their fathers guarded them, or not. 23 So Yahuah left those nations, without driving them out at once, and did not give them into the hand of Yehoshua.

Very interesting verses to contemplate. While we can quote Scriptures such as "clean the inside of the cup that the outside might be clean' or the "beam and splinter' the cup is, of course, made out of clay, which is the human vessel, the beam and the splinter of the trees which are tov for shade blocking out the light of the Ruach's convicting heat. A tree study is required in order to understand what they represent in the spirit. Such as:

Judges 9:8-16:
8 The trees went forth to anoint a sovereign over them. And they said to the olive tree, "reign over us!' 9 And the olive tree said to them, "Shall I leave my oil, with which they esteem mighty ones and men, and go to sway over trees?' 10 Then the trees said to the fig tree, "Come, reign over us!' 11 And the fig tree said to them, "Shall I leave my sweetness and my good fruit, and go to sway over trees?' 12 Then the trees said to the vine, "Come, reign over us!' 13And the vine said to them, "Shall I leave my new wine, which rejoices mighty ones and men, and go to sway over trees?' 14 Then all the trees said to the bramble, "Come, reign over us!' 15 And the bramble said to the trees, "If in truth you anoint me as sovereign over you, come, take shelter in my shade. But if not, let fire come out of the bramble and devour the cedars of Lebanon!' 16 And now, if you have acted in truth and integrity in setting up Abimelech to reign, and if you have acted well with Yerubba'al and his house, and have done to him as his hands did to you

I believe that the Torah is a physical example of our spiritual walk in the flesh Yisra'el was released from bondage to pharaoh in which they spent 40 years in the wilderness learning Yahuah's commands and of course, there were those that were not permitted to even enter the promised land because of their carnality. Yet those who went on over the Yarden had a specific command to drive out the inhabitants of the land so they would not lead them astray. Yisra'el failed also in doing this. In which they were again taken into a Babylonian captivity, because of their disobedience. What is a Babylonian captivity? In the spirit could it be a religious captivity? In which bore the Pharisee who indeed rejected their Creator. Remember Yahusha's words-

Mark 4:11-12:
11 And He said to them, To you it has been given to know the secret of the reign of Elohim, but to those who are outside, all are done in parables, 12 so that 'seeing they see but do not perceive, and hearing they hear but do not understand, lest they should turn and their sins be forgiven them.'

So if the physical understanding of the Law of driving the inhabitants out of the land is indeed a parable of a spiritual Law that must be accomplished in the spirit and we do not do this, then are we breaking this Law? In other words, how do we accomplish this Law so that it does not become a sin because of our lack of obedience in understanding the spiritual application to this physical law?

Deut. 29:29
The secret matters belong to Yahuah our Elohim, but what is revealed belongs to us and to our children forever, to do all the Words of this Torah.

When the unclean spirit leaves the house how many more wicked than himself does he bring back?

When the children of Yisra'el went into the promised land how many nations were there before them to drive out?

How many times does the book of Revelation say, He who overcomed??

Anyway what all are we to overcome?

Yahuchanon said:

1 Yah. 5:3-8:
3 For this is the love for Elohim, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy, 4 because everyone having been born of Elohim overcomes the world. And this is the overcoming that has overcome the world: our belief. 5 Who is the one who overcomes the world but he who believes that Yahusha is the Son of Elohim? 6 This is the One that came by water and blood: Yahusha Messiah, not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the Truth. 7 Because there are three who bear witness: 8 the Spirit, and the water, and the blood. And the three are in agreement.

Yahuchanon 16:33:
These words I have spoken to you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you have pressure, but take courage, I have overcome the world.

1 Thess. 1:6:
And you became imitators of us and of the Master, having received the word in much pressure, with joy of the Set-apart Spirit.

And Yahusha came to do what?

Luke 4:18-19:
The Spirit of Yahuah is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to bring the Good News to the poor. He has sent Me to heal the broken-hearted, to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send away crushed ones with a release, 19 to proclaim the acceptable year of Yahuah.

Luke 8:1:
And it came to be, afterward, that He went through every city and village, proclaiming and bringing the Good News of the reign of Elohim, and the twelve were with Him.

Scripture will confirm that Yahusha not only proclaimed the Tov News, but did many miracles such as healings and casting out devils/demons. He also gave others this authority.

Mark 3:15
and to possess authority to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons.

Scripture also confirms

Mark 16:17-18:
And these signs shall accompany the ones who believe: In My Name they shall cast out demons, they shall speak with renewed tongues, they shall take up snakes, and if they drink any deadly drink it shall by no means hurt them, they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall get well.

Driving out the inhabitants of the land????

Personally, I have found that the best place for me to start applying this understanding was within myself. 2 Chronicals 29 interesting chapter concerning the cleansing of the temple in the physical.. a spiritual application?????

Praise Yahuah and shalom to you,

~Greg

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 01 Apr 2008, 22:30

'And I say, for as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, though he is master of all, but is under guardians and trustees till the time prearranged by the father. So we also, when we were children, were under the elementary matters of the world, being enslaved. But when the completion of the time came, Elohim sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under Torah, to redeem those who were under Torah, in order to receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, Elohim has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father! So you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, also an heir of Elohim through Messiah. But then, indeed, not knowing Elohim, you served those which by nature are not mighty ones.

Having, then, these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of the flesh and spirit, perfecting set-apartness in the fear of Elohim. But for the same reward I speak as to children open wide your hearts too. Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness? And what fellowship has light with darkness? And what agreement has Messiah with Beliya'al? Or what part does a believer have with an unbeliever? And what union has the Dwelling Place of Elohim with idols? For you are a Dwelling Place of the living Elohim, as Elohim has said, I shall dwell in them and walk among them, and I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people. Therefore, Come out from among them and be separate, says, Yahuah and do not touch what is unclean, and I shall receive you. And I shall be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me, says Yahuah the Almighty.

But I am afraid, lest, as the serpent deceived Hawwah by his trickery, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Messiah. For, indeed, if he who is coming proclaims another Yahusha whom we have not proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different Besorah which you have not accepted, you put up with it well enough! And no wonder! For Satan himself masquerades as a messenger of light! It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works!

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are filled with plunder and unrighteousness. Blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and dish, so that the outside of them becomes clean too.

And no one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a hidden place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in shall see the light. The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, all your body also is enlightened. But when your eye is evil, your body also is darkened. See to it therefore that the light which is in you is not darkness. If then all your body is enlightened, having no part dark, all shall be enlightened, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light. Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is filled with greed and wickedness. Mindless ones! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also? But give in kindness of that which is within, and see, all are clean to you.

And He spoke a parable to them, Is a blind able to lead a blind? Shall they not both fall into a pit? A taught one is not above his teacher, but everyone perfected shall be like his teacher. And why do you see the splinter in your brother's eye, but are not aware of the plank in your own eye? Or how are you able to say to your brother, "Brother, let me take out the splinter that is in your eye,' not seeing the plank in your own eye? Hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you shall see clearly to take out the splinter that is in your brother's eye. For a good tree does not yield rotten fruit, nor does a rotten tree yield good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For they do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. The good man brings forth what is good out of the good treasure of his heart, and the wicked man brings forth what is wicked out of the wicked treasure of his heart. For out of the overflow of the heart his mouth speaks. But why do you call Me "Master, Master,' and do not do what I say? Everyone who is coming to Me, and is hearing My words and is doing them, I shall show you whom he is like:

See to it therefore that the light which is in you is not darkness.

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 05 Apr 2008, 17:11

2 Cor. 11:3-4, 14-15:
3 But I am afraid, lest, as the serpent deceived Hawwah by his trickery, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Messiah. 4 For, indeed, if he who is coming proclaims another Yahusha whom we have not proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different Tov (Good) News which you have not accepted, you put up with it well enough. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself masquerades as a messenger of light! 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works!

1 Tim. 4:1
But the Spirit distinctly says that in latter times some shall fall away from the belief, paying attention to misleading spirits, and teachings of demons.

Concerning my understanding, according to these two verses above, shows us that even as believers, there is a possibility of receiving a different spirit, or the possibility of paying attention to a misleading spirit. In all honesty, as I look at my walk I can see how I could have been put in the position to receive a different spirit. I can also see, how I could have paid attention to misleading spirits and teachings of demons. With that in mind, I have taken into consideration the next verse:

Luke 11:35:
"See to it therefore that the light which is in you is not darkness".

This is one of those defining Scriptures, for me, that I needed to heed. I have executed the "see to it" by casting out any spirits that are not of Yahuah. Yet this was after I came to believe in my Deliverer and Redeemer, Yahusha. I think the story of Hezekiah and the cleansing of the temple relates to exactly what occurred to the spiritual dwelling place within me, in other words, me being a dwelling place had become defiled by the abominations of the flesh, before I became a believer and before the process of cleansing took place. In other words, as I was born into this world, there was something that was able permeate my being through my family line. Scripture says the sins of the father goes to the 3rd and 4th generation. I believe this is the legal grounds that the enemy uses to infiltrate children. Now my parents were believers in a Messiah, but that Messiah was different from the One that I understand now. I saw a stronghold in my earthly dad that manifested itself in me. It was the spirit of anger. Like father - like son. ? So it was. I saw myself becoming just like my dad. I knew I didn't want to be like that, but it - the anger - kept forcing it's way in my life. Until I understood what it was, these were unclean spirits that came through my dad into me.

I'm sure many of us can see this and understand its truth. But, when I became a believer I asked myself at what point do the unclean spirits have to leave? Well, we know when we repent, we are forgiven. But I have not found in Scripture that since we are forgiven the unclean spirits have to leave, there is only one way that I know of, Scripturally, to make an unclean spirit leave. That is by commanding to leave in the Name of Yahusha. Some people maintain that as believers they cannot be inhabited by unclean spirits and they say such things as, light cannot dwell with darkness. Assuming, that they are light and darkness cannot be in them. But the Scripture really says:

2 Cor. 6:14:
Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness? And what fellowship has light with darkness?

I believe the next verse puts this into context.

Matt. 6:24:
"No one is able to serve two masters, for either he shall hate the one and love the other, or else he shall cleave to the one and despise the other. You are not able to serve Elohim and mammon."

This verse shows that the enemy can be present, but it comes down to who we choose to serve. Because the enemy wants the opportunity to sift us as wheat.

Like I said before, where in Scripture does it show that the unclean spirits that resided in the human before belief in Messiah come out? I mean, at what point? When you 1st believed in Messiah? When you were immersed? When you repent? The only thing I can find in Scripture that shows the unclean spirits coming out is by the command to do so in the power and authority of Messiah.

~Greg

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 05 Apr 2008, 17:19

Shalom All~
I would like to give you a witness and a testimony concerning self-deliverance; or driving the inhabitants out of the land, although some in the deliverance community would not agree to such a thing. Yahuah showed me differently. When I came to the realization that I needed deliverance from my enemies that had walked into my house due to my lawlessness; meaning as an non-practicing believer, through my sins, came the legal grounds for the enemy to come into my house. So as I realized I needed to clean my house I was shown that this is a process of overcoming strongholds. I went through a process of "typical" deliverance. You've probably heard about the wastebasket put in front of an individual in case they needed to throw up, in which individuals would read warfare Scripture and give commands such as "Manifest and come out". It worked. For myself and also the others involved in this small deliverance group. Yet, Yahuah showed me another way that was not so agreeable with a particular deliverance minister. It is called "self"-deliverance. Which does not in any way shape or form indicate the SELF to be of any authority except that which comes through Yahusha, our Messiah.

So, this is what I did. I commanded that there be an exodus of unclean spirits out of my land. Therefore, I commanded also that all unclean spirits which have no legal grounds should be brought before me that I might cast them out. Now, this was all occurring internally. There was a long line and at the end of the line there was a catapult built along with a stone wall. Now as each individual spirit was standing in line they could see what they were heading for. I questioned the next spirit in line, "What kind of spirit are you?" If it did not answer I commanded it be put in the catapult and slung against the wall. Well, there were a few that were a little rebellious and didn't want to answer, but they eventually would after maybe two or three times of hitting the wall. I spent a period of about two or three weeks examining these spirits that were coming out. I mean there were all kinds. How do I know? Because I asked them, I commanded them in the Name of Yahusha to answer. After I asked, I would quietly listen until I could hear it reply. After I heard its reply I would cast it out in the Name of Yahusha and I would immediately yawn as it was coming out; which is a very typical means of exit.

One that stands out in my mind and I had to laugh about was a spirit that came up in line I asked it what is your function and it told me something to the effect of "pride and arrogance is right behind me". As if somehow it was trying to take the attention off of him and lay it on the guy behind him. Oh, and another one - my wife just reminded me of. I asked another spirit "what is your function" and its reply was "nothing". I thought it was being sarcastic, so he got slung up against the wall. I asked it again, "what is your function", it said, "nothing". I did this about three or four times, when it finally hit me. It was not lying. This was a spirit of nothing. It would lull me in a state of doing nothing. I can honestly say there are spirits that their function is "nothing", that's what its intentions are for us, do nothing.

I'm sure by me telling you this there can be all kinds of talk of this that or the other. I know it is truth. I know that Yahuah has had His hand on me to learn and understand things in the spirit. All this I have discussed has occurred to me that I might witness of it and testify of the power and authority in the Name of Yahusha. It all sounds crazy - maybe. The Scriptures say that ALL is possible to him who believes. So if we believe that Yahuah will show us and train us how to battle the enemy, then we will learn from Him. But if we do not believe then our belief is limited to our belief.

~Greg

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 06 Apr 2008, 23:56

Got Sound?

Click Here

:D

chosen

Postby chosen » 07 Apr 2008, 16:40

i read and understand, i will have questions for you when i get there for feast.

love ya,

~C:D

cricket cricket
chirp
bloop
crunch crinkle

Watchman555

Postby Watchman555 » 13 May 2008, 06:30

Psalms 19:7-14:
7 The Torah of Yahuah is perfect, bringing back the being; The witness of Yahuah is trustworthy, making wise the simple; 8 The orders of Yahuah are straight, rejoicing the heart; The command of Yahuah is clear, enlightening the eyes; 9 The fear of Yahuah is clean, standing forever; The right-rulings of Yahuah are true, They are righteous altogether, 10 More desirable than gold, Than much fine gold; And sweeter than honey and the honeycomb. 11 Also, Your servant is warned by them, In guarding them there is great reward. 12 Who discerns mistakes? Declare me innocent from those that are secret, 13 Also keep Your servant back from presumptuous ones, Do not let them rule over me. Then shall I be perfect, and innocent of great transgression. 14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing before You, O Yahuah, my rock and my redeemer.

Lev. 5:1-5:
‘And when a being sins in that he has heard the voice of swearing, and is a witness, or has seen, or has known, but does not reveal it, he shall bear his crookedness. 2 ‘Or when a being touches any unclean matter, or the carcass of an unclean beast, or the carcass of unclean livestock, or the carcass of unclean creeping creatures, and it has been hidden from him, he is unclean and guilty. 3 ‘Or when he touches uncleanness of man, any of his uncleanness by which he is unclean, and it has been hidden from him, when he shall know it, then he shall be guilty. 4 ‘Or when a being swears, speaking rashly with his lips to do evil or to do good, whatever it is that a man swears rashly with an oath, and it has been hidden from him, when he shall know it, then he shall be guilty of one of these. 5 ‘And it shall be, when he is guilty of one of these, that he shall confess that in which he has sinned.

Do we think that because we are believers in Messiah that we are exempt from this law concerning swearing rashly with the lips or swearing rashly with an oath? And what would we consider an oath? An agreement? A covenant?

Deut. 7:1-3:
7 “When Yahuah your Elohim brings you into the land which you go to possess, He shall also clear away many nations before you: the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Kena’anites and the Perizzites and the Hiwwites and the Yebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than you. 2 “And when Yahuah your Elohim gives them over to you, you shall smite them and put them under the ban, completely. Make no covenant with them, and show them no favor. 3 “And do not intermarry with them – you do not give your daughter to his son, and you do not take his daughter for your son,

This was a warning for Yisra’el to not intermarry with those of other nations, also not to make a covenant with them.

Ramifications for disobedience –

Deut. 7:4
4 for he turns your sons away from following Me, to serve other mighty ones. Then the displeasure of Yahuah shall burn against you and promptly destroy you.

Most of us would probably look at this in a physical manner of marrying someone from another nation, in other words, Yisra’el marrying the ‘goy’. The question is, “Is there a spiritual application to all of these laws?” Think about the marriage certificate with the ‘State of ____________’, a physical, legal document that has been signed as an agreement, a covenant if you will. Most people do not understand the fine print of a marriage license. I would suggest a study on it would be a necessity. You will find that it is a three party contract between the husband, the wife, and the ‘State’. Now the Scripture says that we will be judged by every word that proceeds out of our mouth; if that is the case, then would we be held accountable to any oaths or agreements or covenants that we have entered into? According to Lev. 5 notice that those oaths were to do anything tov (good) OR ra (evil) and even stated whether you knew it or not!

George Gordon’s study on marriage
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7

Matt. 16:19:
19 “And I shall give you the keys of the reign of the heavens, and whatever you bind on earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever you loosen on earth shall be having been loosened in the heavens. “

So, what kind of covenant have we bound to ourselves unknowingly? Remember what David said? “Who discerns mistakes? Declare me innocent from those that are secret, Also keep Your servant back from presumptuous ones, do not let them rule over me.” Discerns mistakes? Innocent from those that are secret? Presumptuous ones? Do not let them rule over me? Think about what he is saying here and how this can apply in the spirit. What if one went to a christian church? Or any church for that matter and becomes a “member” by oath or covenant. Are we responsible? Just because we leave does that mean that the oath or covenant has been annulled? The truth remains in Matt. 16:19, we have been given the authority to bind and loose. So, if we’ve been bound by an oath or covenant should we not loose ourselves? Even David understood that even in the secret we can become bound by the presumptuous ones and they could rule over us.

I am wondering if there are any others who have found the need to repent of our oaths/agreements/covenants that are against Yahuah’s Torah. Has anyone exerted our authority in Messiah to loose ourselves from those binding oaths and agreements? Because truly, if we repent of them, we are forgiven, but does that alone annul the oaths/agreements/covenants?

‘Or when a being swears, speaking rashly with his lips to do evil or to do good, whatever it is that a man swears rashly with an oath, and it has been hidden from him, when he shall know it, then he shall be guilty of one of these. 5 ‘And it shall be, when he is guilty of one of these, that he shall confess that in which he has sinned.”

~Greg

Return to “Discussion Forum”