"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

Advice

Moderator: Watchman555

Seeking

Advice

Postby Seeking » 26 Mar 2008, 05:12

Shalom all,

Looking for some advice.......

I'm having trouble finding the scripture that says something like 'do not seek the counsel of the wrong'. As I understand it - we should not seek the advice of unbelievers.

With that in mind ~ some of you know about my hunting accident last year. I had gone back to the doctor to inquire about removing the pellet from my hand. Sometimes it hurts but not excrutiating pain or anything like that (unless I hit it - and i have done that) the pellet is visible in my hand when i make a fist. The doctor tells me that even if he were to remove it i may continue with the pain as could be caused by the scar tissue build up.

People that i have spoken to about it advise me to have it removed - including my husband. But he ultimately says that it is my decision.

A few weeks ago (right about the time of my dr. visit) i was reading in Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 17:5 that states "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm and whose heart turns away from Yahuah'.

Everytime I speak to someone about the doctor visit these words keep coming to me.... Do not seek the counsel of the wrong.... do not trust man.

I am only seeking for confirmation of what I already have my mind set to do but would like to hear any thoughts?

Thanks,
~T
For the record..... i reject any thoughts that any of these pellets can cause any harm to me physically - and any plans of the enemy to take action on the words spoken are bound and not able to come to pass in Yahusha haMachiach's name. amein.

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 27 Mar 2008, 00:58

Hello Seeking,

I would go ahead and let the doc remove the pellet. If you were fishing and got a fishhook stuck through your hand, would you not snip off the barb & pull it out? (DON'T try it w/o 1st removing the barb.:shock:)

It's the same principle; you have a foreign object lodged in your flesh, and unless its removal presents some danger, there's no reason not to do it. And the doctor can usually provide a more sterile environment to minimize the chance of infection (hopefully).

You might also try casting lots for the decision, even though it's not really a spiritual matter.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

kickme

Postby kickme » 27 Mar 2008, 02:25

I searched for counsel and wrong in e-sword and came up empty.
But counsel and wicked brought up a few.
Basically in Job and Psalms were several references to "counsel of the wicked" and the context looks to me to be the badness of consorting with the wicked (ie lawless) for life's wisdom.
What it appears you are looking for in this situation is specific advice for a physical condition, not an association with 'bad' people to learn their lifestyle and ways of thinking.

My concerns here would be what Shaul and Peter had some issues over by Peter disassociating with 'unclean, uncircumcised' individuals was going over and above what we are told to. Abraham had to have contact with unrighteous people in dealings, so did Isaac and the rest of the patriarchs, it's not a new thing, nor do I see anywhere in Scripture to avoid/withdraw from humanity except to forsake their wicked ways.

I'd consider this situation from all points of view including the possibility of problems from the metal corroding or leeching into your bloodstream, any likelyhood of infection, the level of discomfort and anything else you think of, and make a descion from there. If it's that close to the surface, I've even used a cleaning agent and a new razor to remove stuff myself.

I wish you well, may much discernment be given to you

Return to “Discussion Forum”