"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

study to show yourself approved

Moderator: Watchman555

YHWHsavesdotcom

study to show yourself approved

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 19 Mar 2008, 07:52

Why am I not hearing the Revolutionary concepts contained within my doctoral thesis which addresses nearly every topic in this forum thread, being filtered back? It IS the EliYah, end-time Message. Please review it here www.YHWHsaves.com
Last edited by YHWHsavesdotcom on 20 Mar 2008, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

chosen

Postby chosen » 20 Mar 2008, 20:31

do you want praise or something?

:?:

chosen

YHWHsavesdotcom

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 20 Mar 2008, 22:53

read the work and see if you cant answer your own question, this is the whole point. am i wasting my time with boneheads or are there those who do not wish to be ashamed and willing to hear THE ELIYAH END TIME MESSAGE coming in here. and if they are, why am i not seeing the fruit of it being borne out in you? do you not care...do you accuse this of NOT BEING the end time message by your refusal to EVALUATE ITS MESSAGE which will impact every thread in this forum?

YHWH be the judge between you and me

chosen

Postby chosen » 20 Mar 2008, 23:13

so, because we don't admit your thesis is life altering we are "boneheads?" i do admit these are the end times. i don't need to read your thesis to know that.

yes, YAHUAH will be the judge.

shalom,

chosen

Torahwoman

Postby Torahwoman » 21 Mar 2008, 15:45

Shalom...
in all fairness to chosen, you are making a 'judment
call' on someone whose walk you have not witnessed
over time as yet, ... i must say i have witnessed her
love for Yahuah in many ways -- her actions and words
have indeed reflected such and shall continue to (si/ri ;) ).
She is no 'bonehead', and she did not state
whether she had read it or not. You are claiming
that your thesis is the EliYah end-time message.
If the thesis reflects such, then give all esteem
to Yahuah, not to oneself for 'having written
such a great document'. If it reflects
Yahuah's message for us, then indeed let
Him have the esteem, honour, and praise.
To be a humble vessel should be sufficient,
and since not one fleshly person on this earth
can force another to see and accept truth --
for surely as His Word states, one plants the seed,
another waters, but Yahuah gives the increase,
He determines whether it will take root
and bear proper fruit --
then let the thesis rest in His most capable hands,
as He shall use what is truth for His purposes
in His timing.
It is not fitting to allege that this forum (and/or another)
is a collection of boneheads who choose not
to react the way you may have desired --
and i dare to be redundant to emphasize
that it is not for a man or woman to praise
(or seek praise for) a work that, if found to be true,
is Yahuah's handwriting and not a man's or woman's.
Please do not assume that when a person says
'IF it (the work) is true..." that it means one
has not read it. Rather, some may read and disagree
and if one does disagree, insults do not accomplish His work
by forcing a 'bonehead' (unclean spirit) to depart
targeted individual(s) -- but it only serves to expose
another unclean spirit in the one speaking the insult(s) --
arrogance. And if one does agree, is praise to the person
who typed/wrote it out proper or necessary? Let the ones
reading and agreeing praise and esteem Yahuah, and let
Him work with a person to respond or not. Seeds don't
grow overnight, in general.
i love you, Brother, and ask that you not degrade
or improperly rebuke chosen whom i love, and/or others
whom i also love -- more importantly, Yahuah Himself
loves each of us.
Yes, i do recall you saying once, to paraphrase:
'open rebuke is better than secret love' (and yes, i know
that phrase is Scriptural). But not all comments
made by a person who may be sharing truth to others
(who in turn may/may not agree) are from Yahuah.
No, i do not believe in nor am i suggesting/condoning
the drippy, syrupy, saccharin-anointed barf-bag contents
which some mistake as 'love, kindness, softness',
but the true kindness and compassion
aaaaand paaaaatiennnce
that each one of us needs to learn how to reflect properly
in our treatment of others ( ri/si ).

You and i have discussed a few spiritual matters before
and did not agree on some of those -- one major issue
being the lunar-reckoning for Shabbat. Yes, i scoffed at it
and considered such to be ridiculous and entirely not of
Yahuah. He showed me sometime later i was wrong to
assume such, and did indeed reprove me for the
donkey-like behaviour. ...and we have all read, He
shows compassion to even donkeys.
(Oh, and the familiar phrase used when breaking down
the word 'assume' is not entirely true... for actually, only
the one assuming is exhibiting/reflecting the 'arse' spirit.)

love, and shalom, in Yahuah and Yahusha Mashyach,
Penny ... 'tw'
Ps. 139:1 "O YaHUaH You have searched me and know me."

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 21 Mar 2008, 18:06

YHWHsavesdotcom wrote:read the work and see if you cant answer your own question, this is the whole point. am i wasting my time with boneheads or are there those who do not wish to be ashamed and willing to hear THE ELIYAH END TIME MESSAGE coming in here. and if they are, why am i not seeing the fruit of it being borne out in you? do you not care...do you accuse this of NOT BEING the end time message by your refusal to EVALUATE ITS MESSAGE which will impact every thread in this forum?

YHWH be the judge between you and me

What "fruit" are you looking for, sir? The "end time" message is not a new one... What you have written isn't any more revealing than what is in the Scripture, or than what others have written a thousand times before you.

It seems as though you are looking or "validation" on your thesis rather than helping to propogate the message of Scripture. But just so you know....

Your thesis is good. I would take issue with a few points, but it is generally good. Thank you for your insights and perspective on this issue. YHWH bless.

Hope that makes you feel better.
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

kickme

Postby kickme » 22 Mar 2008, 01:37

well, I have to pick this bone once again.
this 'renewed' covenant thing.
Yes, it is a new covenant, so was the covenant at Mt. Sinai new when it was given, so was the Davidic covenant new when it was given.'
Not 1 covenant ever disanulled another, but it is a new covenant.
And we better not break it, it was cut with a better more perfect sacrifice than the old, but it does not disannull the old other than giving us a way out for our past transgressions. This is the handwritten ordinances that were against us, our death certificate has been put away thanks to the offering of Yahwehshua

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 22 Mar 2008, 14:09

kickme wrote:well, I have to pick this bone once again.
this 'renewed' covenant thing.
Yes, it is a new covenant, so was the covenant at Mt. Sinai new when it was given, so was the Davidic covenant new when it was given.'
Not 1 covenant ever disanulled another, but it is a new covenant.
And we better not break it, it was cut with a better more perfect sacrifice than the old, but it does not disannull the old other than giving us a way out for our past transgressions. This is the handwritten ordinances that were against us, our death certificate has been put away thanks to the offering of Yahwehshua

That doesn't line up with the words. The Messianic Scriptures were written in Greek. The Greek word "New" in New Covenant is "Kainos". It means "refreshed". The Greek word that would mean "new" in the sense of "recently invented or made" would be "neos".

Both the Tanak and the Messianic Scriptures sspecifically tell us what and why our covenant is "new" (HEBREWS 8, YESHAYAHU 52)

Also, the "covenant" is the Ten Words, or Commandments, between YHWH and all mankind, which states, if you will do these, then I will be your Elohim and you will be my people. This was NOT "new" at Sinai. YHWH gave the LAw and Covenant to Moshe because He was establishing His covenant people after 400 years in pagan captivity. They didn't know it. However, these are the same Words that have been the law since the beginning with Adam. Adam had to obey this, so did Noah, Abraham, Yitzak and Yaccov. There is nothing "new" about it, and never has been.

Finally, the Torah was "against" the people because they didn't keep it! It is "against" you and I as well if we do not keep it. We have been given a "fresh" and clean slate to enter in and keep it through the blood of Messiah. If we sin still, the ordainces will be "against" us.

That is how law works, it is to your advantage if you keep it, and against you if you break it.

Eriq

kickme

Postby kickme » 22 Mar 2008, 15:51

Have you studied the context of that word use?
Is the wine put into old bottle new or renewed?
Was Yahushua laid into a new or renewed tomb?
Do you patch an old garment with a new or a renewed peice of cloth?

Any new covenant was a new covenant, I'll stand by that, it's only reasonable. Because the covenant didn't exist before that, it is new. That doesn't mean the underiding principles were new, it just means it's a new covenant that didn't exist before.
I suspect there is more covenants to come, and look forward to the fullfilling of all that is to come.
I do agree that Torah existed before Mt Sinai, but the covenant cut at Mt Sinai was new at that time. It is clear that the principles of that covenant were in place long before. Even Cain new that murder was wrong, and was rebuked before he even murdered. Yet he did it anyway. Amazing how similar we are to him sometimes.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 23 Mar 2008, 01:24

kickme wrote:Have you studied the context of that word use?

Yes I have studied it, but apparently you have not...

You should study the written language and not the English. The language the Messianic Scriptures are written in is GREEK, not English.
In the Greek the words are different as I tried to point out before.

"KAINOS" means "refreshed"

"NEOS" means "recently invented, created or made"

Matt.9:17 - "...men put NEOS wine into old bottles..."

Matt 27:60 - "...and laid it in his own KAINOS tomb..."

The was not a newly created tomb, but a tomb that was already there and made fresh for the burial of Messiah.

This word is a different Greek word still, it is "AGNAPHOS", which means a piece of cloth that has not yet been teased or "made full"

Mk. 2:21 - "...piece of AGNAPHOS cloth on an old garment..."

Three different words with three different connotations and three different context.

Any new covenant was a new covenant, I'll stand by that, it's only reasonable. Because the covenant didn't exist before that, it is new. That doesn't mean the underiding principles were new, it just means it's a new covenant that didn't exist before.

Again, one shouldn't define a word or context based on an American English understanding. You will need to research some of the written language. I don't mean to be condescending, but if you don't know how to use a concordance, I'd be happy to show you how.

I suspect there is more covenants to come, and look forward to the fullfilling of all that is to come.

Why do you suspect that? Is there a Scripture that suggest such?

I do agree that Torah existed before Mt Sinai, but the covenant cut at Mt Sinai was new at that time. It is clear that the principles of that covenant were in place long before.

YHWH doesn't primarily operate in "principles", YHWH gives LAWS, STATUTES and JUDGMENTS. The Covenant He gave at Sinai is the exact same one in place for Cain, and the exact same as the one we are to obey today.

Eriq

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 23 Mar 2008, 05:44

Regarding wine & bottles (actually wineskins), Mt.9:17, Mk.2:22, & Lk.5:38 all agree in saying that they put "new" ("neos") wine into "new" ("kainos") wineskins.

If "kainos" always (or ever?) means "renewed", i have to wonder how they managed to "renew" old used wineskins. Perhaps they had a process to restore softness & flexibility to a stiff old skin, but is that what these verses really mean?

The term "New Covenant" occurs 3 times in Hebrews; in 8:8 & 8:13 it is "kainos", but in 12:24 it is "neos". Was the Greek translator mixed up?

I also found that among the 6 occurrences of "renew*" in the KJV NT, 5 are based on "kainos", 1 is based on "neos", but all 6 have the adverbial prefix "ana-" (meaning "again").

My conclusion is that "neos" & "kainos" are somewhat interchangeable, with some subtle difference. But in order to mean "REnew", EITHER root word can be used, but must have the "ana-" ("again") prefix.

So the "New Covenant" is indeed "New". It involves the same Law basically, but has better promises.
The Levitical priesthood operated (and still does) under the "Old" Covenant.
The Melchizidek priesthood operates under the "New" Covenant.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

kickme

Postby kickme » 23 Mar 2008, 12:05

OK, now I am confused.
Yes, you are right, I didn't put as much study into it as I should have, and Chuck worded it much better than I could have.
I guess then the greek must be a translation from a semetic language, thus all the confusion.. I know, I know, many say it was written in Greek originally, but just because that's what we have does not mean it is or was original. That's another discussion.
It's clear enough in Jeremiah that this was indeed a new covenant, not a renewed.
As far as further covenants to come, you ask why I say that, is it predicted in Scripture. To answer that, I ask was there a new covenant predicted before Jeremiah? Was the covenant at Mt Sinai predicted before Moshe?
Nope, but the prophets always fortell things to come, and while I'm not a prophet, it just looks logical from my perspective that there will be other covenants.

Return to “Discussion Forum”