"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

How Passover works with the Day of Atonement

Moderator: Watchman555

LittleKangaDrinkingWine

How Passover works with the Day of Atonement

Postby LittleKangaDrinkingWine » 07 Mar 2008, 15:32

I was speaking with some brethren yesterday morning when I mentioned the fact that many do not understand how Passover works with Atonement to complete YHWH's judgment on sin. The act of Passover does not by itself finalize the judgment on sin, it's only the first step. It is only after The Day of Atonement is fulfilled that sin is properly disposed of. They wanted to know if I had any passages to back this up, so here is what I see on this subject. I'll be giving the full message at the upcoming Feast in Hattiesburg.

Here is the step taken by YHWH to bring sons and daughters into His family and the disposing of sin at the same time.

1) He created man without character, but with the freedom to choose.

2) He allowed Satan to deceive Eve and by extension Adam, thus sin entered in as a necessary element in the building of perfect righteous character needed to be inYHWH's family.

3) The promise of a Savior to come (Rev. 13:8)

4) YHWH gave His laws to live by (Ex. 20-23) which is called the "Book of the Covenant".

5) When that covenant was broken, plan "b" (the Levitical priesthood) was already in planning.

6) Atonement was introduced as the way to resolve sin, in the physical, pointing to the spiritual resolving of sin. Type/anti-type.

7) Messiah died, bringing us to a new higher priesthood in the order of Melchizedek.

8) Sin was then place on Messiah's back to bear until Atonement could be fulfilled, when sin would be taken from Messiah's back and placed on Satan's back as he is lead away by a fit man.

9) In this process, while sin is being bore by Messiah, time is bought for us to build the character we need to be a part of YHWH family.

10) Once that process is complete, Satan's judgment comes and Atonement is fulfilled. And YHWH's Kingdom is established again, this time with the process of human beings having perfect righteous character, complete. Something Adam did not have, but now with the use of sin and the proper disposal of sin, YHWH completes His purpose, that being procreating Himself after His own kind, sons and daughters into His family.

So we will see that Passover buys us time to build the character needed until sin can be dealt with properly by the Day of Atonement, when theYHWH goat (played by Messiah) bears the sins of Israel, but then exchanges those sins from himself to the scapegoat or Azezel goat (played by Satan).

This covenant of Passover is a deal between us and YHWH through His first born Son, Messiah. This deal has to be ratified each year or death can come. The wages of sin is death.

Each year we agree to keep our sins on the head of Messiah, allowing Him to carry them. (Isa. 53:12, Heb. 9:28, 1Pet. 2:24).

This process of bearing the sin of the people was exactly what the High priest of Levi was to do. (Lev. 10:17, Num. 18:1).

This story is laid out perfectly in the New Testament by Paul, in Romans 5 and 2Cor. 4:1 through 5:21. We are being reconciled to the Father through the mediator, Yeshua, Messiah.

Matthew 26:28 tells us that the New Covenant Passover was the reconciliation (another word for Atonement) process that ties the type to the anti-type.

Many today can not see the tie between the type of Passover and Atonement and the anti-type of the New Covenant Passover and the fulfillment of Atonement in Rev. 20, when Satan is placed in the pit.

LKDW

YHWHsavesdotcom

Postby YHWHsavesdotcom » 19 Mar 2008, 07:41

I essentially agree with you. Here are the specific details which outline this IMPERATIVE PROPHETIC ANTE-TYPE for your review. www.yhwhsaves.com/sB-2.htm

Return to “Discussion Forum”