"The fear of יהוה is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Set-apart One is understanding"

2 Timothy 2:24-26

Moderator: Watchman555

kickme

Postby kickme » 08 Mar 2008, 23:42

lol, I like you

chuckbaldwin

Postby chuckbaldwin » 09 Mar 2008, 06:47

eriqbenel wrote:Read the Scriptures dude. You condemn, insult and judge your own salvation. Your problem is with the Scripture
No, Mr. Benel, my main problem isn't with Scripture. It's not even with your interpretation of Scripture. My main problem is with YOUR OPINION of your interpretation of Scripture - that being that you are ALWAYS 100% CORRECT, and therefore anyone who disagrees with you is ABSOLUTELY WRONG and needs to be put down & demeaned.
eriqbenel wrote:
I agree with all the Scriptures that were listed, but they are written from YHWH's perspective.
The problem with Eriq listing them, is that from Eriq's perspective, wherever it says "YHWH" he mentally replaces it with "Eriq", and wherever it says "truth" he mentally replaces it with "Eriq's OPINION". And it just won't work with that substitution.

How do know what I "mentally" do?
Sorry, Mr. Benel; Not being 100% perfect as you esteem yourself to be, i made a bad choice of words. I should have said that you "essentially" replace "YHWH" with "Eriq", and "truth" with "Eriq's OPINION".

By way of explanation, take the simple verse you quoted:
2Tim.3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Per my statement above, you "essentially" read it as
"Ever learning, and never able to come to the [acceptance] of Eriq's OPINION."

IOW, you are so infuriated that some "peon" like me would DARE question or disagree with your OPINION of a Scripture passage, that you have no recourse but to insult.
Eriq wrote:Chuck and Joey want to turn this forum into the "psychic network"!
It doesn't take a psychic to make an educated guess about someone who has shown themselves to be predictable.
Eriq wrote:Chuck and Joey cannot argue with the Scripture that condemns their position, so they attack me.
Now your turning things around backward. We don't try to argue with Scripture; we argue with YOUR INTERPRETATION of Scripture, and then YOU attack US.
Eriq wrote:The Scriptures weren't written for "YHWH's perspective", Einstein! He doesn't need to know the Scripture. They were written for US, at least for those of us who will receive and rightly divide them.
By changing a single word from "FROM" to "FOR", you change the whole meaning of what i said, which was that Scripture is written FROM YHWH's perspective, not yours. IOW, when Scripture uses the word "TRUTH", it means what YHWH KNOWS to be true (YHWH's perspective), NOT what Eriq Benel THINKS is true (Eriq's perspective).
Eriq wrote:Since you can't possibly know what I "mentally" do? And since you can't possibly defend your position against the Scripture or against YHWH, I am your target.
1. I have corrected my poor choice of "mentally" to read "essentially".
2. I don't try to defend my position "against Scripture or YHWH"; i simply use Scripture & logic to defend my position against YOUR OPINION,
3. and therefore I am YOUR target.
Eriq wrote:It is easier to attack "my opinion" than it is to attack the Scripture. For that reason, it is YOU who is turning the Scripture into "Eriq's opinion", not me.
The 1st statement is surprisingly TRUE; maybe you need to re-read it several times. As for the 2nd statment, it makes no sense and has no relation to the 1st statement.

Discussion & disagreement doesn't amount to ATTACKING. The only time i ATTACK is when your exalted view of your OPINIONS cause you to ATTACK first. And of course i'm wrong to take your bait, but that's human nature. Which is why i'm really reluctant to participate in a discussion where you are involved, because i know sooner or later you'll get infuriated and attack. And yeah, there i go being "psychic" again.
Chuck Baldwin
By this shall all men know you are my disciples: if you have love one for another.

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 09 Mar 2008, 16:34

No, Mr. Benel, my main problem isn't with Scripture. It's not even with your interpretation of Scripture. My main problem is with YOUR OPINION of your interpretation of Scripture - that being that you are ALWAYS 100% CORRECT, and therefore anyone who disagrees with you is ABSOLUTELY WRONG and needs to be put down & demeaned.

If you believe being told you are wrong is a put down and demeaning, that's your problem.

Sorry, Mr. Benel; Not being 100% perfect as you esteem yourself to be, i made a bad choice of words. I should have said that you "essentially" replace "YHWH" with "Eriq", and "truth" with "Eriq's OPINION".

By way of explanation, take the simple verse you quoted:
2Tim.3:7 "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Per my statement above, you "essentially" read it as
"Ever learning, and never able to come to the [acceptance] of Eriq's OPINION."

IOW, you are so infuriated that some "peon" like me would DARE question or disagree with your OPINION of a Scripture passage, that you have no recourse but to insult.

So, you make the correction of "mentally" to "essentially" and then proceed to tell me what is going on in my head! You didn't make a mistake.

And if you felt I was wrong about "my" interpretation of Scripture, you should point out how. It seems as though since you can't do that, you continue to shower me with sarcastic "insult" and "demeaning" innuendo.

This a proves and brings us right back to my previous statement that since the Scriptures have made your comments and position left without credibility, you attack me. Proving me right, yet again :D

Now your turning things around backward. We don't try to argue with Scripture; we argue with YOUR INTERPRETATION of Scripture, and then YOU attack US.

That's a bunch of crap! (sorry Matthew) You just call it something different when I do it.

I do the same thing you do, expose your interpretation of Scripture. Somehow, mine is an attack and when you do it, it is an innocent disagreement. That is so full of bull I can't find suitable words to use on this forum.

By changing a single word from "FROM" to "FOR", you change the whole meaning of what i said, which was that Scripture is written FROM YHWH's perspective, not yours. IOW, when Scripture uses the word "TRUTH", it means what YHWH KNOWS to be true (YHWH's perspective), NOT what Eriq Benel THINKS is true (Eriq's perspective).

Sorry, wrong again. If you read the Scriptures I listed, they specifically insist that it is YHWH's PEOPLE who know the truth. The point of the Scriptures is to teach US the truth.

What good does YHWH having the truth all to Himself do us, since we cannot be saved without it? You set yourself up to look obtuse when you say things like that. Especially when the Scripture plainly and clearly says the opposite:

Yoch
8:31 Then said Messiah to those Yahudim which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

It is easier to attack "my opinion" than it is to attack the Scripture. For that reason, it is YOU who is turning the Scripture into "Eriq's opinion", not me.

The 1st statement is surprisingly TRUE; maybe you need to re-read it several times. As for the 2nd statment, it makes no sense and has no relation to the 1st statement.

Of course it doesn't make sense to you, Chuck. I'd be surprised if you said it did. I would try to help you interpret it, but that doesn't seem to work with you.

Discussion & disagreement doesn't amount to ATTACKING. The only time i ATTACK is when your exalted view of your OPINIONS cause you to ATTACK first. And of course i'm wrong to take your bait, but that's human nature. Which is why i'm really reluctant to participate in a discussion where you are involved, because i know sooner or later you'll get infuriated and attack. And yeah, there i go being "psychic" again.

That's right and that's your problem. You think your statements are innocent disagreements and then look at my statements, think you can read my mind, and call them attacks, when they are the same as yours.

I make a challenge to you in the strongest terms possible. Let's review all of the threads and see if I am the one who "attacks" first. Let's see if I never admit to being wrong. I guarantee we will discover that accusation to be as wrong as most of the other stuff you say.

If you can't back up what you say, you will be proven wrong most of the time. If you don't like it, then maybe you shouldn't say things you can't support in TRUTH.

I had already decided to exclude you from any of my conversations, but you always find a way to butt your way in. So, deal with it or do not deal with it. Nobody is forcing you to talk to me. Actually, I'd prefer you didn't, but it's a public forum.

We had none of these problems and accusations when you were gone... hmmmm.....
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

eriqbenel

Postby eriqbenel » 09 Mar 2008, 17:08

Chuck,

By the way, if you'd like to continue this skirmish, I suggest we take it to the "Man Cave". I want to remain a gentlemen in front of the ladies... :)
Shalom in the name of YHWH,

Eriq

Return to “Discussion Forum”